The return of AS-Snowdunes...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

nice guide useless, hope people can be arsed to play/learn it...

About the HOM, i can't fix it till monday cause im not at home till then...But it doesnt really bother gameplay right. I will garentee it's gone in the final version. :P

I would apriciate it when you upload it right away.. it's for testing anyway.

UGH.

LAME!!!

Now I gotta give Useless credit for something :( It's a conspiracy I say!!

Very nice walkthrough Useless!

Gonna try it out this week (Not much time for UT lately)
Snowdunes was a good map for 2v2. Nice launch opportunities and the imba tower fragzone +end.
Obviously this map was totally shit in 6v6 yes, much too spammy. I hope you guys made something nice out of it :D

i think we swung around in favour for the attack... end is still hard to get but i think the tower is quite easy to get now (20 mins of launchprac) and you can find some pretty good launchpositions that are hard too defend.

Also try to enter the pillarlifts in verious ways ;)

together with the jumppad the lowgrav tower isnt an issue anymore

timo and me tried that map on dog private..
we discussed the changes and tried many stuff

what i really like are the msg 4 new spawns :)
i bet that is 1 issue of the original version why it is unpopular on publics
i send timo a version with such msg´s months ago...but we didn´t work on that map again.

i can´t speak 4 timo, but imo...the jumppad gives the attackers to much advantage in many ways
+ the map has more launch-spots than bridge

and imo the end part was balanced enough 4 league-play in the older version
i saw in the last years not many long defences at this part of the map

raising the sky makes it 2 easy to launch
there´s a easy doublehammer that brings u close to the end..it worx with the low sky

the attacker sniper spot + the higher sky will un-balance that part completely
the jumppad from low gives the attackers 2 much advantage at all
1 can jump down get boots, viols, belt and rox ...and use the jumppad to get back

sorry, but i would definetly vote 4 Timo´s version

timo and me tried that map on dog private..
we discussed the changes and tried many stuff

what i really like are the msg 4 new spawns :)
i bet that is 1 issue of the original version why it is unpopular on publics
i send timo a version with such msg´s months ago...but we didn´t work on that map again.

i can´t speak 4 timo, but imo...the jumppad gives the attackers to much advantage in many ways

raising the sky makes it 2 easy to launch
there´s a easy doublehammer that brings u close to the end..it worx with the low sky

the attacker sniper spot + the higher sky will un-balance that part completely
the jumppad from low gives the attackers 2 much advantage at all

The point of the jump-pad was that the attackers were already at a disadvantage, and atm we are planning to remove the r/l in the attackers' ammo room so that there's only one r/l they can possibly use to rocket-launch before Cells - this will rebalance the map in favour of the defence. There may be plenty of launch spots, but that won't stop the defence killing them, especially if everyone knows there's only one r/l around. It doesn't hurt Bridge does it? Bridge is far better for launching and it remains one of the best maps in the league.

Bear in mind that the defence can see when the jump-pad is being opened and so they can catch the attackers as they jump; the hatch only stays open very briefly so it's very difficult to mass attack from it; and it only opens every 35 seconds (I think if this was increased to 45 seconds or 50 it would be better; I also think it would be good if the defence could trigger the jump-pad to reset the counter, wasting a chance the attackers would have had to use it).

Just because the end is easy to attack that doesn't make it bad. Like I said to Pyke, people would rather have maps that are easier to attack than to defend. We can always lower the ceiling again, but tbh I never noticed a difference whether it was raised or lowered, and it's not as though that attack spawn is littered with launch spots. Everyone is only going to do one double-hammer from behind the snow, so maybe the solution to that is to lower the snow a little, and again lower the ceiling. I know the end was always hard to def, but I fail to see why that should keep it out of the league. Unless every single objective in every single other map in the league is perfectly balanced for both teams? I don't think so (AutoRIP, this means you!).

1 can jump down get boots, viols, belt and rox ...and use the jumppad to get back

True, and we noticed this of course (that's why that new rock is there), but on the other hand this takes at least 30 seconds. An attacker can spawn at Bridge Second, get belt, boots, vials, then use the lift-jumps to get up - so what? Why's that bad? So the defence has to stop him, or else we all die of boredom from lack of variety.

Thanks for the comments though, and don't apologise, we need more feedback like this :thumb: Remember this is NOT the final version, it's still a beta - this just happens to be the first one good enough to release for feedback.

some good points already pointed out.

I doubt if the map has more launchspots then bridge, i don't see a double hammer work tbh. As for bridge they do. Only rocketlaunch is a posibility and there is indeed only one left i think in the final. Defence can constantly guard that rox (sniper, low camper) making it very hard to set up a good launch

party true imo, still i think it's good to raise the ceiling there, because it looks odd when you bump your head, but more important, various the way of attack, there are roughly 2 ways to the final and defence has rox, shock and mini so they could hold attack off some time i guess.

The delay + retriggerdelay is long enough to get for instance from spawning the lowgrav tower to the sniperledge. so every attacker will face atleast one deffer i think. We could think about a longer retriggerdelay. I still don't see the point of making it triggerble for def. i think it will be hide and seek because triggering it will cause the whole attack to fuck up.

Look at the last new map Dungeons, It is also quite easy to attack and really hard to defend.

I fixed the hom at end end sended it to useless, he could test it and see if there are other large bugs, WE could always make some more adjustments later on. but it needs testing because all we can do is guess what will happen ingame.

good luck with the testplaying

if u got some ignorrant on the server that doesn´t give beta´s a chance
they vote always the original than a test version if a SE get´s voted :rolleyes:

I looked for our version on the customs server but all there was was preview_AL or something - couldn't see our one. Is it in mapvote now?