Team twnZ vs Team Supermic (1 of 1)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
QUARTERS: TEAM TWNZ vs TEAM SUPERMIC

-=-=-

MATCH 1 (OF 1)

-=-=-

TEAM TWNZ (8)
(0 MAPS AVG)

Twnz
Nrg
Free
Akora
Freakeh
Pogo

VERSUS

TEAM SUPERMIC (7)
(0 MAPS AVG)

Supermic
DJ
Yakz0r
Snee
Peacemaker
Html
Atomas

-=-=-

DATE: 15/10/09
TIME: 20:00 GMT
SERVER: (-8-)
UTV: unknown

RED MAPS: TO BE UPDATED
BLUE MAPS: TO BE UPDATED

WINNING CONDITION: First to 8 maps wins! > Progression to Semis Group D!
ADDITIONAL AGREEMENTS: 5v5

-=-=-

PRE-MATCH CAP COMMENTS

TWNZ: "Going to be a tough match, especially with the pressure on us being the "underdogs", so we'll try our best, hoping for a good game regardless who wins!"

SUPERMIC: "well Im a bit worried at the moment. My ping is 140 f6 and has been all day so not looking so good. Hopefully all will be back to normal tomorrow. I know twnz team are prepared, we are too!"

-=-=-

Good luck to all players!

NB: Thread title should say Team twnZ vs Team Supermic (1 of 1) before opening - my mistake.

Last edited:
This is the first match which has been scheduled, so this is the first time I've been able to post a match preview like the one above. So here are some notes about it:

• Please let me know of any suggestions you have which might make them better, I'll consider anything.
  • Until I speak to an admin I can't know which team is red and which is blue, so if this changes I'll amend the preview accordingly.
  • All captains so far have agreed to submit their pre-match comments if asked. These are just meant to be indicators of how the caps feel about the upcoming match, etc. then fans can compare the mood beforehand with the results later.
  • The match report will follow in the same thread as the preview, so keep an eye on this thread to find out how it went (same goes for all future threads).
  • I won't know which players have been picked to feature in the match - this is a privilege for the teams themselves only. The squads will be noted in the reports to follow later.
  • Finally, I'll be speccing (and demoing) every match but, unusually for me, I won't be talking bs. I won't disrupt any of the matches by talking at all to anyone, so please forget I'm there. Shouldn't be hard. My demos are for the purposes of writing my reports, but anyone who wants them can have them - Quasi has donated an upload ftp :clap:

Thanks for reading :D

Looking good mate, maybe try and find out from the captains the starting 5...mite add that lil edge and competitions and mnaybe tactic changing from either captian...

GL both teams, my money goes on team Supermic on this one!

PS: Specially because of the DJ PM teamplay it's just wowo :P

DJ PM teamplay???
is this a joke post or what

if anyone is a good teamplayer here its someone like supermic....

DJ PM teamplay???
is this a joke post or what

if anyone is a good teamplayer here its someone like supermic....

yes it was a joke pogo :clap:

just showing the love that DJ and PM have for eachother :D

<Supermic team wis imo 8-3 8-4 in general they have a must balanced team

I think twnz wont be able to make his team do every favour as possible for him like in pugs so they will prolly struggle playing a strong opponent today. However I wish twnzs team more luck :P

My Team Analysis + Prediction

Team Twnz:
Twnz, Free, Akora - This is a decent group of team players with good fragging ability, and you also get a top player in TWNZ - Jury is out on comms and leadership - perhaps pogo can take over.

Pogo - Not the greatest fragger, but great comms and plays with brains. Do not underestimate brains.

Freakeh/NRG - This is going to Make or Break team Twnz. Who he picks and how they perform!

=======================================================

Team Supermic:
Supermic, DJ, Yaku - Similar to Twnz setup, a good bunch of fraggers and I think they probably have a better core then twnz does

HTML - Like Pogo, but maybe pots better. But I noticed he gets drawn into his "own thing" rather then the "team thing" -- could be a prob with a strict leader like supermic

Peacemaker/Snee/Atomas - I am guessing PM will play and I think with him its simple. A decent player, ok comms. he can frag a bit and launch. I think he will be useful. You can put him to cover a route that maybe you dont want a "star" player to cover and he isnt a complete noob so you wont be risking the objective not without a good warning anyway.

My prediction 8-5 to Supermic team.

I think xb meant pott and btw you might be right about me doing "my own thing" often, even though i 95%+ of the time listen to my position on D, on attack i do tend to do always the same stuff that other people don't do.

for example, my hj on left + rocketshot on balli, well..... I learned the rocketshot part from Supermic :P
another example, my hj to exit siege tower on golg 1 instead of being rocketlaunched by teammate, followed by a sexy bunnyhopping along the lower ledge of the roof, well....... I learned the bunnyhopping part from twnZ :P

on a side note: seeing as the cup goes so good atm it kinda builds up the pression :scared:

Last edited: