Steam Summer Sale

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

bought emprire total war and all its expansions for 11$ today.

just the game (no expansions) is like 25$ on other sites

Thank you for this thread, would'nt have known about that sale otherwise.

cool! I was tempted but I didn't really enjoy the gameplay from what I could see in their trailers. Is it any good?

well first of all the Total War series has 2 gameplay modes, The "RISK" type which is the main mode (imo) and the battle mode which is a real time simulation of ancient unit based warfare.

If you have patience and like the game RISK (or to a strech, the Civilization series) then you will definitely like any total war, they are amazingly well done. Very time consuming though if you wanna beat the hardest setting and micromanage to be as efficient as possible!

The real time combat is different, it can be hard to master and "slow" to some but I take great fun in it, not only because i've always liked history but because I take pride in defeating numerically superior foes by using superior tactics and the terrain to my advantage.

here's the best example of a screenshot I took from an expansion of rome total war where my 643 Goth's comprised mainly of spearmen defeated an army of 5105 Vandals comprised mainly of light cavalry. They had 7.9 times my numbers!!!

ingwow5105vs64379contre.jpg

Thanks for explaining html but it doesn't appeal to me at all lol. You seem great at it though! I would've just been defeated over and over and then ragequit.

Tempted by Terraria too, esp the multiplayer part but like you say, I know of noone with the game :/

Thanks for explaining html but it doesn't appeal to me at all lol. You seem great at it though! I would've just been defeated over and over and then ragequit.

Tempted by Terraria too, esp the multiplayer part but like you say, I know of noone with the game :/

Agreed with Total War. Tried it before and just couldn't get into it. Same with Shogun 2.

I bought Terraria as well but only played about 15 mins on it so far. Add me on steam if you want a game - zdtbird.

Agreed with Total War. Tried it before and just couldn't get into it. Same with Shogun 2.

I bought Terraria as well but only played about 15 mins on it so far. Add me on steam if you want a game - zdtbird.

Ah sorry, I bought X3 mega pack before I saw this after having Useless tell me over and over for the better part of a year to get it and I don't want to spend more money, haha :P

Is it good though? It looks like a lot of fun and it's one of the most played games on Steam apparently after CS and some other game.

Ah sorry, I bought X3 mega pack before I saw this after having Useless tell me over and over for the better part of a year to get it and I don't want to spend more money, haha :P

Is it good though? It looks like a lot of fun and it's one of the most played games on Steam apparently after CS and some other game.

Yeah looks alright so far. Still prefer to play Minecraft out of the two though.

I bought Shogun: Total War shortly after it was released. It was a fantastic game and the real time battles were overwhelming. I never liked strategic games but this one was an exception. It really depended what your moves were. You could hide your armies in forest, you could use hills to your advantage, you could choose various formations and give your units various orders, you could attack enemies wings or overflank whole army (usually deadly), you could attack weak points of enemys army and thus make them rout - that could affect morale of whole army to make it flee, etc. The possibilities seemed endless.

Each unit had stamina, speed (or flexibility), weapon quality, armour quality and fighting quality (experience, morale). Moreover some units were very effective on certain type of other units, while some were very universal like pikemen, some were more defensive and some more offensive. Everything was important.

I tried Rome: Total War but I was a more or less disappointed. The graphic was newer but the gameplay was not as good as it used to be in original Shogun. It tried to be more realistic and units responded slower to orders and were making formations more ankwardly. I was also pissed by some new units which were under some circumstances totally unbeatable and made battle very unpredictable (elephants for instance). I prefered the original control panel, which was imo better well-arranged, too. Fortunately the concept remained the same so it is still very nice. Strategic map is bit too complicated and I would recommed help pages before playing (I was lost).

We are entering the final hour now of the summer sale and I can't decide if I want to buy Warhammer: Dawn of War II before the sale ends. I have the first one and I loved it and it's only ~€6.. sigh!

Magika looks pretty funny...is it still on sale?

Ah should have read Maxiz post lol. Insp kept telling me to download steam but I was too lazy so guess I missed the sale now :(

Magika looks pretty funny...is it still on sale?

Ah should have read Maxiz post lol. Insp kept telling me to download steam but I was too lazy so guess I missed the sale now :(
Yeah great game, really well done!

I'ts over in 3 hours, I thought it was going to end yesterday as it was the 10th day but apparently there was a 10th Mk II or 11th day aswell :D

Clive Barker's Jericho on sale today on Steam. It's the daily deal and it's only €2.49! Decent price imo!!