soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1 Denmark 9 6 3 0 16-4 21
2 Portugal 9 4 4 1 13-5 16
3 Sweden 9 4 3 2 9-4 15
4 Hungary 9 4 1 4 9-8 13
5 Albania 9 1 4 4 5-9 7
6 Malta 9 0 1 8 0-22 1

:party2: :party2: :party2: :party2:

Wednesday is Swe vs Albania and Por vs Malta. I don't really see Malta taking points in Portugal, too bad I really would've seen sweden go to playoff's. But the match yesterday could've gone Sweden's way too, 2 goal disallowed within minutes, 1 offside and 1 gone over the backline (very narrow). Denmark had chances too and I took my hands to the head a couple of times lol. nvm we're through to South Africa and is all that matters, specially after the dissapointing match we had in Albania last time

ALLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE VI ER DANSKERNE, VI ER DANSKERNE, VI ER DANSKERNE, DANSKERNE, DANSKERNE, DANSKERNE ALLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!11111

@ Brasil

letting the opponent team scoring lol wtf

11-0 to them

8 of the goals in 10 minutes :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah man that was so lame... Hanovers behaviour in that last minutes of the match was a real disgrace (normlay Lehmann is the idot so :P)

Anyone care to predict the winners of the CL this year?

Barcelona? Haven't looked that good tbh and lost to RUBIN KAZAN LOLOLOL
Man Utd? Couldn't put away lesser teams, is this a problem?
Chelsea? Hmmm Maybe.
Real Madrid? I doubt it
Bayern? I think they have gone already tbh.

I don't see Juventus or Inter causing much damage either. That goes for all of the Portuguese and French sides.

Liverpool are a joke this season.

That leaves 1 club, who I think are showing they are the perfect Champions League team. Not amazing players, 1 or 2 would perhaps be considered world class, but in general are a pretty ageing team again, despite the retiring of a legend 2 years ago. They aren't that good in the league either.

That team, who I predict to win the CL, is AC Milan.

Now your predictions!

Man utd, Chelsea and Barca will reach semi's, the fourth will be Arsenal i think.
Man utd are proper as always.
Chelsea seem to do well under ancelotti.
Barcelona just had two incidents, 0-1 loss home against Rubin, away 0-0 due to -5 degrees.
I just hope arsenal comes far as they deserve it once again imo.

AC Milan won't come far because of Leonardo imo.
His line-up always changes, he doesn't know when to make proper substitutes, i mean...
even 10 yr olds could see that Pirlo was fit for a substitute against Real. Even so in Serie A matches.

Besides that: they're just old, i don't think they can hold up 2/3 matches in 7 days.

People said Milan were old last time they won it....

Who exactly is old? Inzaghi? Nesta? The rest are under 32.

Why do Arsenal deserve it btw? More so than anyone else?

Man utd, Chelsea and Barca will reach semi's, the fourth will be Arsenal i think.
Man utd are proper as always.
Chelsea seem to do well under ancelotti.
Barcelona just had two incidents, 0-1 loss home against Rubin, away 0-0 due to -5 degrees.
I just hope arsenal comes far as they deserve it once again imo.

I agree with this, only not the arsenal deserving it part.

What did they do to deserve anything more? They allready are in the (on paper at least) easiest group.

I don't think milan is too old, but they lack decent strikers. Boriello or w/e was invisible the entire match and pato is ok but won't be good enough vs proper defenders from what i've seen so far.

Apart from that I think its pretty open for any of the big clubs to win, not a single one really stands out so far.