soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

:trout: fury

this U20 team is a joke. The best 25 (!!!!) players aint there, because their clubs didnt want to set them free and didnt allow to play in this tournament.

So only the backups of backups are playing.
Therefore the team showed a great spirit today. Winning 3-2 with 1 man down and when the opponent is leading aint easy.
german teams are famous for such a spirit and its good to see that even a weakened youth team is capable of doing that.
Doubt that they can beat brazil in the next round tho :P

A big thanks to FIFA for hosting such a cup in middle of the soccer season.

russia 0 - 1 germany.
told ya the NT will make to south africa. the german teams always qualificated for tournaments and never lost an away WC qualification match ever. actual no big suprise here tho.

pitty the U20 youngsters lost 1-2 against brazil in extra time, but that's soccer.

1 Denmark 9 6 3 0 16-4 21
2 Portugal 9 4 4 1 13-5 16
3 Sweden 9 4 3 2 9-4 15
4 Hungary 9 4 1 4 9-8 13
5 Albania 9 1 4 4 5-9 7
6 Malta 9 0 1 8 0-22 1

:party2: :party2: :party2: :party2:

Wednesday is Swe vs Albania and Por vs Malta. I don't really see Malta taking points in Portugal, too bad I really would've seen sweden go to playoff's. But the match yesterday could've gone Sweden's way too, 2 goal disallowed within minutes, 1 offside and 1 gone over the backline (very narrow). Denmark had chances too and I took my hands to the head a couple of times lol. nvm we're through to South Africa and is all that matters, specially after the dissapointing match we had in Albania last time

ALLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE VI ER DANSKERNE, VI ER DANSKERNE, VI ER DANSKERNE, DANSKERNE, DANSKERNE, DANSKERNE!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!11111