should I use the Orginal Nazitextures i Heavywaterfactory

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Should i use original nazitextures in Heavywaterfactory

• Total voters
HUEY said:
All I'm saying is that the Swastika is still being used today as a symbol of hate and racism and facism

And? How does using it in a texture endorse some evil and wicked idealism when it is used just to create a more realistic environment for a game? All you're saying is that you have no idea what you're saying. You have a strong opinion about something you haven't even thought about yourself but just adopted some idea from someone who has had a strong influence on you.

kooma said:
And? How does using it in a texture endorse some evil and wicked idealism when it is used just to create a more realistic environment for a game? All you're saying is that you have no idea what you're saying. You have a strong opinion about something you haven't even thought about yourself but just adopted some idea from someone who has had a strong influence on you.

I'm not saying pyke wants to endorse anything...or that using symbols in a film, documentary, or in a game endorses anything. Fact is, some people are offended by it, check the poll.

it's everyone's good right to be offended ;)

yet i would bet 100$$$ that if the map was released with the symbols and without this vote, nobody would care to say they are offended.

HUEY said:
I'm not saying pyke wants to endorse anything...or that using symbols in a film, documentary, or in a game endorses anything. Fact is, some people are offended by it, check the poll.

Kinda explains something about them people now doesn't it..

Humph said:
Agreeing with kooma.

Since the whole map centers around attacking a Nazi installation, then surely there should be Nazi symbols around?

Do you hear people complaining about about swastikas in Wolfenstein? Battlefield 1942? Call of Duty?
No. No you fucking don't.
Grow up.

If you can't take a symbol that some political party used long before you were even born, then imo you need a reality check.
Imo it sounds just as stupid as those religious assholes who whine about there being pentagrams in Doom and Quake, and say that the "God mode" cheat is evil blasphemy.

Clearly, there are a lot more pussies in this league.

well when you did buy unreal tournament 99, did you expect any signs which could be felt as "offending"?
No
Did you expect some signs in wolfenstein or battlefield 1942?
Yes

The games are totally diffrent, the only thing they have in common is that they are first person shooters, that's it
I don't think Unreal tournament is a game where this needs to be in, Hence that the original maps have no such signs in it.
People might use this as motivation to buy a game like Unreal Tournament and leave wolfenstein or battlefield 1942 for what they are.

Nanko put it at his best imo,

like i said before. I bet 100€ that lot's of people don't know what golgotha stands for. yet the map has everything to do with it (see the crosses and so on) but do people care what the meaning of an map is. Be honest do you guys actually care about the story... i mean cmon.

pykenike said:
like i said before. I bet 100€ that lot's of people don't know what golgotha stands for. yet the map has everything to do with it (see the crosses and so on) but do people care what the meaning of an map is. Be honest do you guys actually care about the story... i mean cmon.

Probably but why is it that everytime one of these issues come to pass, it's the opposition who yells bloody murder and gets their way. As seems to be happening with this one aswell because you, like most people, are so easily persuaded into thinking it is somehow wrong to use such symbols just because they offend some people. It's the people who get offended who should be contradicted and not the other way round. But I guess it's so much easier being a cynic than trying to think for one self what is wrong and what is not.

After all this, a question comes to mind.. why post a poll like this if you're not going act to the result? Currently the vote is 20 against 13 on using the original textures and you're still talking about removing them because some people are offended. If that's not a case of double standards then what is?

Last edited:
maybe because:

* the ones getting annoyed by the signes will get annoyed everytime they play the map (again and again)
-but-
* the ones that want the signs in in 2 weeks already have completely forgotten about the whole issue wheather the signs are in or not

(imho)

remove them fs
replace them with pictures of Xan or summat and liandri logos... now everyone's happy! :arsemiss:

Cratos said:
maybe because:

* the ones getting annoyed by the signes will get annoyed everytime they play the map (again and again)
-but-
* the ones that want the signs in in 2 weeks already have completely forgotten about the whole issue wheather the signs are in or not

(imho)

:clap: it isn't so hard to read my other posts kooma...

I even said i don't care to much and i won't look at nazisigns and feel offended, but i am against it because i don't think this is a place where there should be signs which can prob offend other people

Cratos said:
maybe because:

-but-

(imho)

Perhaps it is in order to question the motives of the people who get offended by something like that. The fact that it represents a certain time in history and a certain idealism is not enough reason to banish its existence. I would like to hear one good argument on why it should be considered something else than a decoration in an environment which is supposed to have symbols like that but I don't think one can expect any of that emerging from here. All you can expect is "remove it fs" without a single valid point why. Kinda reminds me of high school..

kooma said:
Perhaps it is in order to question the motives of the people who get offended by something like that. The fact that it represents a certain time in history and a certain idealism is not enough reason to banish its existence. I would like to hear one good argument on why it should be considered something else than a decoration in an environment which is supposed to have symbols like that but I don't think one can expect any of that emerging from here. All you can expect is "remove it fs" without a single valid point why. Kinda reminds me of high school..

Well kooma you prob. learned in highschool that you must never ever attack someone on his meaning... you can discuss about facts not about meanings. this is going about someones Own feeling. You cannot blame someone's feeling in a way or someone's emotinal feeling/reaction. even when you think it isn't valid.

you feel it as an decoration (which is a feeling about the nazi sings)
Deadboy for example feels it as an offending sign and thus disturbing (which is also a feeling about a sign)

pykenike said:
:clap: it isn't so hard to read my other posts kooma...

I even said i don't care to much and i won't look at nazisigns and feel offended, but i am against it because i don't think this is a place where there should be signs which can prob offend other people

It isn't so hard to read mine either. If you actually read any of it with a thought, you would have understood that I'm questioning the reason of always satisfying the conservatists. I just don't see any point in giving in to all the people who don't even know why they're protesting against something.

I don't FEEL it is a decoration, it IS just that. Even if this subject would be about personal feelings, if the majority is the ones who don't FEEL offended why react to the opposite?

Oh well. Maybe it's just me and my attitude towards emotional people.. who knows. Doubt this "debate" can be of any productive nature. I'll rest.

Last edited:
tbh i found the white pride > world wide texture more offending then all the others
and those dont belong in a map with a ww2 map since i doubt the germans used those in installations

the rest should stay in, keep it in as a reminder of what it stood for in ww2 and keep it in
to remind us that there all still many mongs out there who still believe in those ideals

removing it in an online game wont remove it from existence

aem.....doesn´t play UT in the future ?

i never understood why there are so many maps around that play in the past :rolleyes:
should we change the weapons and skins in the league to WW2 style 2 ?

and about the tex:

i personally could live with the nazi flags, cause the map-story is a historical thing...
but not with this white pride shit, cause that´s stupid rasism !!!

that why i voted no

my 2 cent

Snuggs said:
but not with this white pride shit, cause that´s stupid rasism !!!

This was bothering me also Grz, that White Pride logo ISN'T anything to do with WW2. So why is it there? On this point I totally agree with Snuggs :P

Snuggs said:
aem.....doesn´t play UT in the future ?

I never understood why there are so many maps around that play in the past :rolleyes:
If you read the briefings and storylines, all of UT's assault maps (99 and 2k4) are meant to be re-enactments of historical events in the Unreal universe.

so why not do the middle way?
leave the nazi signs in, and replace the white pride shit