should I use the Orginal Nazitextures i Heavywaterfactory

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Should i use original nazitextures in Heavywaterfactory

• Total voters
well because there seems to be a discussion about what textures i need to use i make a poll

I guess lot's of people say "i don't care" that's why i add this option aswell, but i rull this vote as "yes i would like the original nazitextures" because it's just the original intension of the map...

I also would like to have an opinion of the admins...
thx

wouldn't mind of the nazi symbols. And there's no reason to be upset cos they are in the map. It's textures nothing more.

I can understand why some people wouldnt like it (a bit...) but I'm not really bothered, like what about Wolfenstein, where your surrounded by them?

I was going to say no on the basis of what people said (the obvious arguments). But after considering the Desertstorm argument it seems like some people are heavily contradicting themselves because "Hitler killed some more people than Saddam". And no denying it, the map looks better and has more meaning with the flags. So I voted yes.

the only person that should have a say in wether the textures are there or not is the original mapper which i think is GRZ ..he has never been fond of people tampering with his maps even less of censoring them so if he says they stay tbh they should stay as its his map ... textures dont make a good map ..if it plays well who cares if its got a nazi flag in it or not...

ps ive not read all the woohaa about the map and it might have been wolverine who made it as i think he and grz did the WAM pack .. but it was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away ... id spend more time getting it playing right than faffing with textures.

:)
Rich

Last edited:
Reactions: Urgamanix
Rich said:
ps ive not read all the woohaa about the map and it might have been wolverine who made it as i think he and grz did the WAM pack .. but it was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away ... id spend more time getting it playing right than faffing with textures.

:)
Rich

Please note that I like the use of the word "woohaa" in this paragraph.

looking at the poll results:
(if the gameplay is really good as rich says of course..):
maybe is it somehow possible to tick an option somewhere which dis-(enables the textures ??

Personally I said yes, becoz I think the symbols arent used to express an idealism(in this case), but it was used for a more "realistic" feeling to the map.
The flags and stuff look quite emtpy now.

NO NO NO NO NO

if pple dont like plain red make a ficticious one

You cannot compare what the nazis did with saddam hussien

just remember all those that gave up their lives to banish that symbol so that we could game in peace

i for one would never play the map if those flags are returned and i also hope it would never be allowed in the leauge if they were used

also on a side note i thought the flag was banned in games in germany i seem to recall a problem with wolfenstien

Ðeadßoy said:
NO NO NO NO NO

if pple dont like plain red make a ficticious one

You cannot compare what the nazis did with saddam hussien

just remember all those that gave up their lives to banish that symbol so that we could game in peace

i for one would never play the map if those flags are returned and i also hope it would never be allowed in the leauge if they were used

also on a side note i thought the flag was banned in games in germany i seem to recall a problem with wolfenstien

To be honest its a bit off to say that "Saddam is ok Hitler isnt because he killed a lot more people". Saddam extermined the kurds using just as foul methods as Hitler's gas chambers. Are the Kurds' lives more of a tragedy and "less important" because less of them were killed? I think Stalin put it best- If you kill one it is a tragedy, If you kill 10 million, it is a statistic.

Miner said:
To be honest its a bit off to say that "Saddam is ok Hitler isnt because he killed a lot more people". Saddam extermined the kurds using just as foul methods as Hitler's gas chambers. Are the Kurds' lives more of a tragedy and "less important" because less of them were killed? I think Stalin put it best- If you kill one it is a tragedy, If you kill 10 million, it is a statistic.

im not getting into an arguement about it i respect your opinion respect mine

jwer_NL said:
afaik the symbols where nazi-like but not swastika's, so what's the big deal?

erm i think u have forgotten what they looked like

y not just use the left hand flag style for all just replace the swastika ones with it

Attachments

• Shot0009.jpg
    Shot0009.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 178
i dont mind if they stay there , its like if someone makes a movie about the 2nd world ware and ppl moan about nazi symbols