Rumors about UTA shutdown???

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

How about we focus more on maybe reviving UTA for 2007 then bitching about lockdown gg? I'm sure if you removed lockdown that wouldn't make a single person come to UTA. Leaving it as is wouldn't do a damn thing either, and earlier we were thinking of ways which we could help do something positive for the community rather than bitching about something that's already been discussed in other threads.

Afaik lockdown isn't a bug :P why else giving it an option to disable it?

afaik its not an "option" it IS a fix for a BUG.... its definitely not as simple as to "switch off" the lockdown effect of the minigun, everyone whos knows something about the code (I don't) told me it was clearly a bug and I believe them because I feel it makes the minigun way too unfair, and that it removes a big part of why assault is fun... minigun still kills without lockdown... it just forces you to aim better because your target can actually move...

It's not been removed in the past cause very large group of community was against removing it
I don't know if people who post in forums are somehow all lockdown haters but it seems to me that in most threads i've seen the majority of people posting were in favor of removing it... perhaps we should have another vote or something?

saying if we remove lockdown, we'll remove the only way killing good sniper :o
not really imho, use shock more... ball spam and gibs ftw

Each discussion about lockdown was very argumentative and led nowhere.
screw the discussions, let's vote!

Edit - Yes get rid of Lockdown, gj!

:nod:

Last edited:
Nearly all server i play on runs an option called "bNoLockdown" which is set to false. Might be a 'fix for bug' might be an option dunno and tbh #care.

"but it seems to me that in most threads i've seen the majority of people posting were in favor of removing it... "

because only whinners moan :D

Tbh theres no problem with it :S

People who have the problem with it are usually those who prefer to outrun or outmanoevre an opponent and then cry when they get caught when they least expect it and get locked down. I agree with Target its a way to stop hammer jumps somehow as there is no other way other than an obvious air shot.

Remove minigun lockdown and reduction in power = Sniper Arena Assault...

I agree with Target its a way to stop hammer jumps somehow as there is no other way other than an obvious air shot.
Or use some tactic and play behind what the person can hammer over to still be able to kill him, instead of mindlessly rushing forward on everymap knowing that if you hold the allmighty prrrrrrrrt down nothing can get past you......

Remove minigun lockdown and reduction in power = Sniper Arena Assault...
[/QUOTE]
Not as much, but indeed i've played with both and it does increase the sniper usage... and dbl enforcers usage.... some people even started moaning about the sniper overusage.

But tbh if I have a choice between getting headshotted and getting lockdowned, I for one choose the headshot.

and to whoever moans about lockdown, you should really think about the eventual increase in sniper usage before you ask for the removal.

It's a choice and everyone is entitled to his opinion and the opinion of the majority wins (or should win atleast)

oh and also... lockdown is not only about hammerjumps

it also prevents you from dodging and thats pretty gay....

I actually have a perfect example in my vid.......

I go past the lift on lava... QiutiQ gets out of the spawn as I am at the door level rushing for final.... instead of going after me with flak which would be the obvious weapon choice here since it delivers alot more damage then the minigun for this type of fight...

but no... he minigunned me and prevented me from dodging to the objective.... he didnt have enough time to kill me with minigun because minigun isnt made to deliver damage quickly, he made a dumb weapon choice but still managed to kill me because of the lockdown. A flakball would have killed me immediately and it would have also been a skilled shot.... 2 primary flak shots could also have killed me....

minigun is a very versatile weapon already, but lockdown makes it usefull in 100% of situations rendering every other gun nearly useless

if all you want to use is a single weapon fine but tbh I think it adds a lot of fun to the game when you have to play wise (choose the right weapon) to win a map... and not just have a big prrrt vs d0ng contest in virtually any situation.....

Well getting a decent Assault servers would make ppl coming back, loads of ppl sticking to DM, ICTF ect. because of assault servers being so fcking laggy.

Assault are without any question the best mod for ut.
Just sad it became so spikey.

** Get lockdown off aswell for crying out loud **

Lets see some changes in 2007, and ppl WILL come back.
This is the first time I've seen a euro talk about getting it off. :o Props and cheers to that! Enough with the LOCKDOWN!