Rumors about UTA shutdown???

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Mushashi

[ADC] {SUYM} -=E[o]S=- *bwd* [DWAP]
Jan 22, 2002
Denmark
What are these rumors about UTA closing in 2007?

Is there any truth in this or is it just some wishful thinking amongst negative people?

I didn't hear any facts anywhere about this.

We have no plans for closing in 2007, nor 2008 etc. UTA will never "close", if people leave, people leave, however the community will still be here, and there will still be people around to support it for however long there needs to be.

I imagine it's the same people saying UTA will close in 2007 who said UTA will die in 2006.

That's a relief.
Thanks for an official answer.

Maybe these rumors will be put to an end.

I know lots of people will keep on playing in this league for a long time.
(We might as well have been born into it)

And we do see new players coming in.

Clanbase is still overflowing with uta players etc.. maybe we could think about making more "DIVISIONS" or maybe a few new leagues.. Maybe a DM 1on1 league or something like that?

I think the new games in 2007 such as ut2k7 ofc and farcry 2 might steal a bulk of players but the hardcore ut99 faithful will still be here for another 2 years at least.

Clanbase is still overflowing with uta players etc.. maybe we could think about making more "DIVISIONS" or maybe a few new leagues.. Maybe a DM 1on1 league or something like that?

We've tried it before with the zp-iCTF league but it didn't last very long. But we could be up for suggestions for new leagues to keep the interest going.

We also tried to start up Fraghub with UT2004 as another game.

But unfortunately this was too late somehow. Although I'd say it would be a good idea to prepare the Fraghub engine/site for UT2007 in advance and start up as soon as the first demo is released.

The force in UTA is the league servers. This is quite an asset. Not many communities have servers free of use to the clans/members.

UT is not listed anymore at any site. There's no 'advertising' promoting our game.
Would be nice if we were presented at http://www.game-monitor.com/ or similar sites.

People try new games with kewl graphics, but nonetheless it's always the gameplay that wins in the end to gamers who are dedicated.

Which "smartass" said that the league will end in 2007? rofl
Just play and don't try to guess the year when the league dies. :P

zomg uta is dying !11!1@#!

While you was an admin, we seriously thought that ;)

yeah 2k7 will take away all the players... same as 2k3 and 2k4 did :rofl: :P

only game that actualy every made a huge different was WoW :p:

so c'mon, close it... I wanna move to something serious :P

(fs, its the 7th year of playing... and I am still a n4b)

Well to be honest, UT2k7 will be SHIT like 2k4 aka shit weapons, horrible assault maps, :gay: vehicles but pretty graphics.

What this league needs is 2 new good maps aka let's find Grz's address and rally outside his house for 6 months until he makes a new one :P

I'd like to see some ppl try and bring back some of their old clanm8s like one one my guys who was in BiB is trying to do. There's no reason why we can't get 3 divisions back into StdAS (when WoW dies :( ) and make 2007 a kickass comeback year :) ...ye, it's hopeful but it's possible :D

(when WoW dies :( ) and make 2007 a kickass comeback year :) ...ye, it's hopeful but it's possible :D

When wow dies? Christ man, the 17th january all wow players will be even more stuck into it since Blizzard released an upgrade for it. It´s not like a small patch either... ppl will be playing heavily the first months just like when wow came out from the start.