Rumors about UTA shutdown???

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Yup. Me and XR are going undercover and blowing up those assholes at blizzard.

FUCK YOU BLIZZARD FOR MAKING WOW AND NEVER RELEASING STARCRAFT II!! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOUR FAMILIES! I HATE YOUR CHILDREN!! I HATE YOUR PET DOG AND THE PRIESTS WHO MOLKESTED YOU! AS KIDS!

I dunno, I think a lot of people are seeing how lame WoW is at the same time..

I actually know a girl who lives near Boston with me who's dating a guy in New Mexico (near Texas) qho works for Blizzard. She's NEVER met him in person, and she met him THROUGH WOW!

That's what WoW does to people :(

When wow dies? Christ man, the 17th january all wow players will be even more stuck into it since Blizzard released an upgrade for it. It´s not like a small patch either... ppl will be playing heavily the first months just like when wow came out from the start.
16th actually.

We must repel! Burn all cds tonight! Cancel our subscriptions !! :shout:

edit: And it's called an Expansion, I'm fairly sure everyone here knows what an Expansion is :p:

When wow dies? Christ man, the 17th january all wow players will be even more stuck into it since Blizzard released an upgrade for it. It´s not like a small patch either... ppl will be playing heavily the first months just like when wow came out from the start.

aye my son is one of the beta testers seems just as hooked

16th actually.

We must repel! Burn all cds tonight! Cancel our subscriptions !! :shout:

edit: And it's called an Expansion, I'm fairly sure everyone here knows what an Expansion is :p:

I think my brain temporarily shutdown when i was writing that post cause i couldn´t find the word "expansion" :lol: Was thinking for a minute or something... then gave it up :P

Well ½ year ago all servers was emty, now its hard to get a spot on dog server.
PPL will comeback, like loads of em did last 2 months.

Happy New Year everyone.

Well ½ year ago all servers was emty, now its hard to get a spot on dog server.
PPL will comeback, like loads of em did last 2 months.

Happy New Year everyone.

But how to get them to come back? I think what would be good is if someone set up a server just for noobs to practice and get taught by some UTA people, et cetera and public servers advertised UTA, that way newbies can practice not being n00bs and some might come to UTA and start a clan. If DoG Standard advertised DoG Custom and UTA I bet a lot of new people who've never even heard of UTA would come.

And as for bringing people back, why don't we try to make 2007 a UTA comeback year and invite some of our old friends we've still got contact info for back? ~dzz~ recently brought back an old BiB guy by the name of Theos/Pyrolytic and clans like R-C have resurfaced. It'd be great to see a new map released in 2007 and a few new maps added to the league, I think we could easily have 3 divisions again... but that's just me and as I've said I'm hopeful to a flaw sometimes :)

aye lets get uta into bf2142 :)

btw i like smants idea, lets set up some noob teaching sessions, i reckon it could in theory work, advertise it on dog, bring them into community, teach them custom maps then launches etc. Might even be fun too.Don't know if people have the time necceserily, but those who play 5 pugs a day should be able to.

btw i like smants idea, lets set up some noob teaching sessions, i reckon it could in theory work, advertise it on dog, bring them into community, teach them custom maps then launches etc. Might even be fun too.Don't know if people have the time necceserily, but those who play 5 pugs a day should be able to.

I got time and no life! :rofl: server would need to be set up so certain trusted UTA members can log in as mods, kick and ban people if necessary, stop time, summon weapons, et cetera. Mapvote would be nice too :thumb:

tried several times to teach noobs launches and tricks, but mostly they were too newbie to realise what i wanted to teach them :x

If you want new ppl int his community, let's rename it to WoW and Battlefield 2142 league. Tons of new people would join
(and knowing rumours about the intelligence of some WoW players they wont even realise that we are an UT league :P)

Last edited:
Nonsense, I've taught a couple noobs some tricks. Flipsake, I was an uber noob just a few months ago, bunny hopped, couldn't launch and everything and now I only bunny hop 20% of the time! In fact if you go to a noob server like K2K_AS (does anyone know wtf the deal with that server is?) and find some players that are better than the rest but don't know a lot of stuff and get their MSN or ICQ you can teach them a bit. Or you can give UT to friends like I've also done. I know there are a ton of pretty decent players on DoG Standard who don't have UTA accounts but are definitely good enough to make a clan together. If UTA were advertised on DoG like "www.UTAssault.net - Make A Clan Today And Win The Tournament!" I'm sure quite a few people would join. It's definitely worth a try at the very least. I think the moment UTA is out of players who hope to keep the league alive we die and some of us aren't losing hope yet.

dog servers and other servers have the UTA logo smantie so basicly we are making advertisment for uta, dog stand is a place for new assaulters to get into the game, later they can go to dog customs

dog servers and other servers have the UTA logo smantie so basicly we are making advertisment for uta, dog stand is a place for new assaulters to get into the game, later they can go to dog customs

Yeah but I'm talking about message of the day... the logo can easily be ignored. And everyone in the league appreciate what DoG does with their public servers... unless they're ghey... no doubt your servers help keep the game alive to a huge extent :thumb: Sadly I don't think too many go to DoG Custom and when they do, good players are playing and they get pwned. Anyways, I think Timo should consider adding a little message like that on DoG Standard but that's just my opinion ;) :)

Now Xmas is ooOOver, now change that xmas singing DOG on the server :rofl:

:lol: will happen :soon:

yeah it is true that players on Dog Stand, after playing there for 4 months or so dont have a clue what uta is and that there is a website for assault gaming

maybe a pop up window with info (like the mapvote window) would be a good advertisment for UTA
i saw that on some SniperDM and some MH maps

pop up b4 every mapstart...and close itself 3 seconds be4 map starts