Rumors about UTA shutdown???

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well getting a decent Assault servers would make ppl coming back, loads of ppl sticking to DM, ICTF ect. because of assault servers being so fcking laggy.

Assault are without any question the best mod for ut.
Just sad it became so spikey.

** Get lockdown off aswell for crying out loud **

Lets see some changes in 2007, and ppl WILL come back.

Well getting a decent Assault servers would make ppl coming back, loads of ppl sticking to DM, ICTF ect. because of assault servers being so fcking laggy.

Assault are without any question the best mod for ut.
Just sad it became so spikey.

** Get lockdown off aswell for crying out loud **

Lets see some changes in 2007, and ppl WILL come back.

Well A) find out why they are so laggy B) Keep lockdown, I only find it to be a problem for me on the pug server and without it I think it makes it so defenders have a much tougher time defending - but there's another thread on this. C) Make me a map, please.

I think Che's idea of the pop-up window is good, maybe a bit annoying though. It'd be a nice thing just to have happen when you first join the server though, because if it's popping up every map it'll be annoying and I'm sure some people would just stop playing on the server if they find it as an annoyance.

Well A) find out why they are so laggy B) Keep lockdown, I only find it to be a problem for me on the pug server and without it I think it makes it so defenders have a much tougher time defending - but there's another thread on this. C) Make me a map, please.

I think Che's idea of the pop-up window is good, maybe a bit annoying though. It'd be a nice thing just to have happen when you first join the server though, because if it's popping up every map it'll be annoying and I'm sure some people would just stop playing on the server if they find it as an annoyance.

Lockdown only a problem for attackers..... wont even think about how many hammerjumps i missed because of mini lockdown :)

Lockdown only a problem for attackers..... wont even think about how many hammerjumps i missed because of mini lockdown :)

But it's part of the game and has been for long enough that it doesn't need to be changed. There's a thread on that though..

lockdown is just the effect of the minigun... like other weapons can boost:P.. minigun locks u down. I think its a part of AS.. this is a way hammerjumps can be prevented.

lockdown is just the effect of the minigun... like other weapons can boost:P.. minigun locks u down. I think its a part of AS.. this is a way hammerjumps can be prevented.
It's a bug. The gun is mymed for fuck sake! Fix it!

You can lockdown with other weapons too (sniper/flak/enf...). Before I didnt have big problem with it, lockdown happend rarely that it had any major effect, now days you get locked in every game and it starts to piss me off. And dont give crap about it being part of AS, so many bugs have been disabled that were "part" of AS. You can still KILL with minigun even without lockdown, it doesn't reduce damage...
I say remove lockdown but keep mini as it is.

Afaik lockdown isn't a bug :P why else giving it an option to disable it? it's not been removed in the past cause very large group of community was against removing it, saying if we remove lockdown, we'll remove the only way killing good sniper :o
Each discussion about lockdown was very argumentative and led nowhere.

Edit - Yes get rid of Lockdown, gj!

Last edited:
Years go on, pings get lower, servers "become laggier" and people moan and bitch more. I guess this will continue to be the trend for years to come.

smileylurkingri9.gif

Years go on, pings get lower, servers "become laggier" and people moan and bitch more. I guess this will continue to be the trend for years to come.

Dont know when last time you played on an assault server was. But try go DOG server and play there for an hour, and you WILL know what we are talking about.

The server spikes everyone to 5000 ping.
Never been like that before.
But then again, its an old game. Means that the game will come in "2th row" when its being hosted.
Still i think if people actually paying for it, should call the provider and tell them about the problem, so they get what their paying for.

Sorry for "grammer" fails :D