Quake 4

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Sauron said:
if you had payed for it you could play the important part of the game, the MP.
and btw, who lets an 8 year old play a game like doom3 :f

Actually Quake 4's multiplayer has taken a back seat according to the big reviewers.

masterrr said:
i agree that the singleplayer mode sucks donkey balls but multiplayer is quite some fun ...

You mean it's not standard Quake 3 DM, TDM and CTF with better graphics?

Humph said:
You mean it's not standard Quake 3 DM, TDM and CTF with better graphics?

nö it isnt. and tbh u will never get an "ego-shooter revolution" again like q3/ut was.

Micro said:
u will never get an "ego-shooter revolution" again like q3/ut was.
That's a stupid, stupid, stupid statement to make regarding anything related to computers.

Ofcourse you will. You just need technology and an idea.

Sauron said:
who lets an 8 year old play a game like doom3 :f
Someone who wants to make sure his kid doesn't grow up to be a pussy? :D

Last edited:
i dont kno how u can not get shocked when u have headphones on and u suddenly hear something. or just seeing something pop up out of no where not expecting it.

but then again humphs a "hard man".

seriously, stop hanging around with loco and maz

Riv said:
i dont kno how u can not get shocked when u have headphones on and u suddenly hear something. or just seeing something pop up out of no where not expecting it.
It's simple: Don't give a shit, run in and kill whatever is making sounds.
It's easy in a game, the worst thing that can happen is... well, you get hit in the back by an imp's fireball.

Reactions: M®.F®0$T
Riv said:
Easily.

I don't walk around jumping around and shooting at every light flicks on, every vent that pops off, etc.

When there's swirling clouds of dead babies flying around me and imps throwing fireballs at me, I don't start running around in circles trying to avoid the dead babies. No.
I pull out my shotgun I blast the imps, one by one - then bust out some macho one liner and raise my sleeve to reveal the words "Ass beating practitioner. PhD."

It's a game and the goal is to beat that game and kill every last fucker you see. How are you going to do that if you spend all your time fussing over things you know to be irrelevant.

The light going out won't hurt me. Failing to switch to the torch and sitting there screaming like a girl as I empty my machine gun randomly into the darkness, on the other hand, will.

I don't sit there thinking "Eek, I can hear monsters walking around!". I don't give a shit that I can hear them walking, groaning, breathing, fucking, or singing Michael Jackson's Billy Jean.

As far as I'm concerned they don't fucking exist until I see them or hear their attack sound or "target aquired" sound - at which point I shove 150 grammes of steaming hot buckshot up their colon whilst I strike a match on my manly stubble and use it to light my 128th cuban cigar of the day.

it's like Doom3? pld ID :puke:

Doom3 had dumb AI, dumber Leveldesign and boring story. Ontop it has annoying flashlight games and confusing view boobing everytime you get hit. :yawn:
Well i never thought that i gonna say that a FPS is too long, but Doom3 made me say that.
But hey atleast Q4 is shorter. :rolleyes:

Beside others opinions i think the Q4 singleplayer ain't the worsest part, it's the multiplayer which is pretty disappointing. Unbelieveable, but it hasn't the quality of Q3A.

Come on ID, dont make remakes of your own games. It's 2005 and not 1993 anymore.

Reactions: brajan