Quake 4

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I'v seen some trailers and it looks awsome but i wonder if it's playable. Anyway gonna try it in next few days maybe.

Humph, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Humph said:
Humph, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
:teehee:

Reactions: damocles
Quake4 is a realy good tdm and duel game and i know that its not many from this community that like dm games. But still its a good DM game...

Humph said:
That's a stupid, stupid, stupid statement to make regarding anything related to computers.

Ofcourse you will. You just need technology and an idea.

most of the negative things u say are stupid stupid things to say.

Quake4 is a good game, you probably played it on novice or something, who cares about single player anyway

Humph said:

:P

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 93
dlm said:
it's like Doom3? pld ID :puke:

Doom3 had dumb AI, dumber Leveldesign and boring story. Ontop it has annoying flashlight games and confusing view boobing everytime you get hit. :yawn:
Well i never thought that i gonna say that a FPS is too long, but Doom3 made me say that.
But hey atleast Q4 is shorter. :rolleyes:

Beside others opinions i think the Q4 singleplayer ain't the worsest part, it's the multiplayer which is pretty disappointing. Unbelieveable, but it hasn't the quality of Q3A.

Come on ID, dont make remakes of your own games. It's 2005 and not 1993 anymore.
why reinvent the wheel over and over again?
tbh i d rather but an old classic game with new gfx than a new game with a flat story and phat gfx
a lot of games just have new gfx for screenshots and nothing more to it except a shitty gameplay and more details on blood-painted bodyparts
look at quake4, doom3, etc just new gfx and a shit gameplay imo

«)Fîrë$±ørm(» said:
why reinvent the wheel over and over again?
tbh i d rather but an old classic game with new gfx than a new game with a flat story and phat gfx
a lot of games just have new gfx for screenshots and nothing more to it except a shitty gameplay and more details on blood-painted bodyparts
look at quake4, doom3, etc just new gfx and a shit gameplay imo
I didn't say that they have to reinvent the wheel again. But why didn't they optimize it?
The gameplay of Doom3 is so old, the wheel ain't round, it's a dice.

Doom3 provided us whit the features you mentioned above: good gfx + flat story + shit gameplay. Exactly like the good old Doom1 anno 199x. 199x it was uptodate, but anno 2005 its just poor.
Unfortunally ID didn't learn from their experience with Doom3 and published another (classic) game without any big improvements (except the gfx ofcourse...)

hm tbh i d buy some games if they were just remakes of other games with new gfx
i mean i still play old classic games like civ2, moo2, starcraft etc sometimes just because i like the gameplay
with new gfx and some improvements here and there i d be happy to buy it again :P

edit: just remembered deus ex
i liked that gameplay a lot^^

«)Fîrë$±ørm(» said:
hm tbh i d buy some games if they were just remakes of other games with new gfx
i mean i still play old classic games like civ2, moo2, starcraft etc sometimes just because i like the gameplay
with new gfx and some improvements here and there i d be happy to buy it again :P

edit: just remembered deus ex
i liked that gameplay a lot^^
yes, but you can't compare class games like StarCraft, DesuEx, Civ2 with Doom1. DeusEX (and SystemShock) brought new RPG elements into the FPS genre. Not mentioning that the story is still class.
Unlike Doom1. Noone would play Doom1, because it had such a good gameplay imo :rolleyes:.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/enemy-territory-quake-wars/

owned.

dunno if this is gonna be a similar thing to the old ET or a stand alone game, but it looks like it could be a natural progression from Assault for me. But it uses vehicles and "new stuff" so most people probably will just write it off before they play it.

I cant wait for it though. After HL2 this is the single game I've looked forward to most!

Reactions: Ulv
Downloaded and played the F.E.A.R. single player demo yesterday . Har har har. Too bad its a little short, but damn nice GFX, shit scary corridors, barts, ugly mutant girls, uber weapons, slomo ala max payne (rip-off), superb graphics (did i already say this?). I could list some more but i'm going to play the demo again, on hard difficulty this time ;)

Reactions: Ulv and m1cr0