Quake 4

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Humph

<a href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_tro
Jan 7, 2003
A padded cell
Took a mere 5 Hours, 41 Minutes and 58 seconds to beat - loading screens included.

My full opinion on the game:

One of the first questions that you will ask is "Is this Doom 3?" the simlarities are... Everywhere, as it happens.

From the appearance of your torch light on the walls to the blood stains, computer terminals and the incredibly stupid and predictable monster AI and spawning.

The AI is one of my biggest gripes. ID has consistently failed to make AI in their games any more "intelligent" than it was in Wolfenstein 3D.

Enemies fail to deal with even the simplest of flanking manuevers, willingly walk into your fire and are totally incapable of avoiding a grenade.

Teammates appear intelligent, but I suspect they are mostly scripted, as seem to focus on trying to look dramatic than actually killing anything.

As I have come to expect from ID, the game is 100% linear - doors often remain locked until all nearby monsters have been killed, or an objective has been completed - often they open for no logical reason other than to allow the player to progress... Sort of kills of the feeling of being in a military installation rather than a sub-par video game.

Run through, kill shit, complete an objective, run back out - hey look more Stroggs have spawned! Blam blam blam blam.

Wash, rinse and repeat for 6 hours.

If I really must force myself to say something positive about the game, I will say that the most annoying aspects of Doom are no longer present:

Your gun has a torch on it,
You don't walk around in the dark for 6 hours.
The level design is intelligent enough to keep you from spending half an hour walking around in circles.
The game doesn't bore and annoy you with tedious attempts to make you jump under the pretense of being "scary".

Ofcourse, I got this game for free - had I paid £35 for it I think I'd be quite pissed off.

didnt even think ID were making this one, was gonna get it for the mp but its sposed to be shit too

i can't belleive they try to make awesome graphics when all u'll see is 2 differents monsters per levels uh :confused:
pld it 15 min ad i did with doom 3
for the multi i prefer UT :D

Humph said:
Ofcourse, I got this game for free - had I paid £35 for it I think I'd be quite pissed off.
if you had payed for it you could play the important part of the game, the MP.
and btw, who lets an 8 year old play a game like doom3 :f

Sauron said:
if you had payed for it you could play the important part of the game, the MP.
and btw, who lets an 8 year old play a game like doom3 :f

don't need to buy it to play online .. :rolleyes: