Pug League - Open

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

For several matches every day yes. but 1 every week or so? And you dont have to keep the data forever, just long enuff, that ppl can look into em after matches and be happy or sad :P

We used to have them. Takes up way too much space

it only took up way to much space cause it had absolutly everything on it, publics was what was raping it surely? , just to have league matches and a few pug matches would be fine ,don't know why stats arent there for pug games only tbh and/or league games ;(

Last edited:
NEW TOURNAMENT - 20TH JAN 19:30GMT START

Tables are reset for this year, a record of the old table has been kept http://pug.utassault.net/2010_table.php (ill add menu for it later)

RULES:
  • SIGNUPS LIMITED TO ORDER OF SIGNUP
  • SIGNUP OPENS - WEDNESDAY 19TH January 21:15GMT
  • SIGNUP CLOSES - THURSDAY 20TH January 18:55GMT
  • TOURNAMENT STARTS - 19:30GMT
  • ALL VOLUNTEERED CAPTAINS IN IRC BY 19:00GMT #pugleague
  • ALL SIGNED PLAYERS IN IRC BY 19:15GMT join #pugleague - Strict deadline - If you are not there subs will be used.

Last edited:
ok gg, that was prolly the best one we had so far.

Having said that, this is too much work for me. So im changing the way its done.

Every pug played on Thursdays and Sundays on #utapug will now count towards the pug league. I just need a set of volunteers ( 4 or 5 and (i will ask a few of you on irc to help)) to submit the result after the pug has been played (obviously sign first!!! to save your spot;) )

It will be a quick

5 step results submission:

1. Add Pug
2. Choose Blue Team Players
3. Choose Red Team Players
4. Choose Captains
5. Confirm Result

This shouldnt take more then 2 minutes - After this the table and player stats should be updated etc. And i wont have to bother about sorting servers...advertising pug league events...pming passwords etc. It will make my whole life easier and also give us a regular pug day where wins count for something. Eventually over time we will see whos the best.

Stay tuned folks - ill have it ready for This Sunday So all pugs played this Sunday will count.

We will still keep the special occasional 4 team tournament, those will be advertised in advanced

Last edited:
was fun we played well i thought, was expecting bn's team to win they had 3 strong players and phoboss is decent too!
pogo's team was strong too, xb's was weakest imo

i also liked 4v4 dont mind if there will be more like this, i think best team sizes r 6v6 and 4v4 (easy tax also 1 back 1 low 1 high 1 front=gg)

PS thx for raping us first map twnZ :thumb:

well all launching on those maps really made it in our favour tbh,
+
Golgotha2,lavafort,desertstorm = Shit maps.

was good fun. alsp agree on 4v4

gg

Yeah 4v4 is/was fine. Sure the risk that something doesnt work out is higher, but on the other hands u got more teams and matches so its nice imo.

hai bomb

EVERY pug? hai i 1v1 jaybone 3 times when everyone is asleep, get 12 points woooooooooo

or what every 4v4 and more? only 6v6s?
captainmode random-volunteer does it matter?

also cyborg, u got lucky :P if i had a better ping my rocket woulda killed you before you touched the obj. :P

hai bomb

EVERY pug? hai i 1v1 jaybone 3 times when everyone is asleep, get 12 points woooooooooo

or what every 4v4 and more? only 6v6s?
captainmode random-volunteer does it matter?

also cyborg, u got lucky :P if i had a better ping my rocket woulda killed you before you touched the obj. :P

- only 4v4 or more
- only pug thats start between the hours of 19GMT and MIDNIGHT
- captain mode volunteer, double points for capts (so i anticipate we will get captains pretty quick)

Last edited:
how will points work for regular pugs?
3 points for winners and 1 for losers so you're sure to get a point if u play ???
also should someone get a sub during the pug, can the starting player/finishing player get any points?
what if someone subs before pug even starts and that sub plays whole pug can he get points if he wins?

how will points work for regular pugs?
3 points for winners and 1 for losers so you're sure to get a point if u play ???
also should someone get a sub during the pug, can the starting player/finishing player get any points?
what if someone subs before pug even starts and that sub plays whole pug can he get points if he wins?

- pugs matches count as "2 team" tournaments - 2 point for winning player (+1 for captain), nothing for losing.
- to make it absolutely clear - only finishing players get points, regardless of how many maps played
- admins will try to keep track of substitutes during the games, but it's up to the subbed player to inform them. Otherwise the starting player will get points!

contradiction!
winning captain gets 3 (2 for victory +1) or 4 (2 for victory x2) points?

contradiction!
winning captain gets 3 (2 for victory +1) or 4 (2 for victory x2) points?

No.

-Updated Scoring system for 4 team tournament - 3 points for tournament winners, 1 point for runner-ups.
-Updated Scoring system for 2 team tournament - 2 points for tournament winners.
-Updated Captain Bonus - Captains get +1 point for winning.

Regular Pug = 2 team tournament

I will add a new post on the website shortly and update the FAQ later
I have just got around to updating the system to handle these Thursday/Sunday Pugs.

Last edited:
Its Ready

Ok The Thursday/Sunday night pug league system is now ready for use!
All Thursday and Sunday pugs betwen 19gmt and Midnight starting tomorrow will count towards pug league.

Signup is not required on the website! (that will now only be used for the 4 team tournament events)

http://pug.utassault.net/

New Year - New Changes Posted By: X-Bomb On 2011-01-22

New Approach:

The previous system relied heavily on me being around to help manage the process of setting up pug tournaments. It required me to schedule in advance and let everyone know about the event and then manage the whole process through to make sure everyone turned up, had the correct passwords and joined the correct server. This required a lot of effort from me.

Going forward Thursday and Sunday nights will officially be Pug League Nights. I plan to use results of every pug played on Thursday and Sunday nights towards our pug league scoring system. This is going to require help from the community as I cant be around every Thursday and every Sunday to monitor who has won and who has lost. I will need a few helpers to submit results of pug matches when I am away. Its an easy 3 step result submission system and should take no more then 2 minutes to do. The league table will be updated on the website as soon as the results are submitted. Please contact me in irc if you can help. Its only 2 minutes of your time!

Players are not required to signup on the website for the Thursday/Sunday night pugs. Everything will be done for you, all you need to do is play.

Thursday/Sunday Night Pug Rules:

• Only pugs played between 19gmt and Midnight will count.
  • Only matches that are 4v4 and greater will count.
  • 2 points for a win. 0 for losing
  • Captains get +1 (hopefully this will encourage people to captain fast on Thursday and Sunday and we will be able to play more pugs too!)
  • Only players that finish matches get points, if you leave you get 0.
  • Substitutes finishing matches will receive full points like everyone else - it does not matter how long you played for.

System Changes:

• Added Historical Table for 2010 to the League Table menu.
  • Site updated to show current year statistics only. The changes are reflected in the following pages:
    -League Table
    -Country League Table
    -Individual Country League Table
    -Teams League Table
    -Individual Player Statistics
  • Updated Quick Statistics at the top of the page. These now reflect current year statistics (Individual PPT Rating will update accurately once 3 matches have been played).
  • Added Czech Republic as available country.
  • Added Thursday/Sunday Night Pug League System.
  • Updated Administrative options to handle new Thursday/Sunday Night System.
  • Updated FAQ.

Last edited:
recruiting helpers - Need 4

All you need to do is 3 easy steps - if i get enough people I may expand this so that we include monday pugs too!

Attachments

• how to submit results.jpg
    how to submit results.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 22
- only 4v4 or more
- captain mode volunteer, double points for capts (so i anticipate we will get captains pretty quick)

there was your contradiction :P double of 2 points is 4 not 3 :P

Sunday Night pugs - System worked good imo, far less hassle for me. I just added players to the system as they were being picked and then after the pug all i had to do is click submit! gg took a few mins only each time. I need some people to help as i wont play every pug like i did today! (lost em all too). It really doesnt take long too submit a result. PM me please forum or irc and ill setup an admin account for you.

Next round of games that qualify is Thursday. Sphere is top at the moment. Can some of you guys start thinking about creating pug clans. We only have 5 teams setup at the moment! and some of them only consist of 1 player. http://pug.utassault.net/teamtable.php

• Each team can have 3 members.
  • You can either CREATE A TEAM and invite people to join.
  • OR you can JOIN A TEAM by asking the leader for the join password.

There is an opening on my team. PM me if your interest in joining team [ub3r]. Cyborg is currently carrying me on his shoulders LOL. I need some backup so looking for a decent pugger!

edit: once a lot of people have played over 3 matches I will update the league table so that its listed by PPT rating as default. So dont worry if people are miles ahead of you at the moment, PPT is the average is mainly what counts!

Last edited: