Pug League - Open

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Good game again. :) We had lots of fun in game 1 :P The 2nd game was a total different experience. The game never run in our favour. Incase we would face the final team in our first game instead, it might lead to a different result.

Congratulations to the Winners of this Pug League game! :)

I spent some of this evening updating the site.

1. Tournament Spots are now reserved in the order of signup (see attachment). So if you know you will be available, sign early to save your spot.

2. You are in the "Sub Zone" if your name is in black. You will move out of the sub zone if more people sign.

8-9 Signed Players
8 Safe Spots
1 Sub Spots

10-11 Signed Players
10 Safe Spots
1 Sub Spots

12-15 Signed Players
12 Safe Spots
3 Sub Spots

16-19 Signed Players
16 Safe Spots
3 Sub Spots

20-23 Signed Players
20 Safe Spots
3 Sub Spots

24+ Signed Players
24 Safe Spots
10 Sub Spots

3. Captains wont be able to "pick" subs when they are picking the teams, if a sub is required, it will be the most suitable to keep the teams even.

4. The next tournament is on Thursday 2nd December20GMT (this Thursday!!) . Its a special tournament and signup is limited to 12 players + 3 subs. The signup will go live @ 19:30GMT Monday 29th November 2010.

Attachments

• signups.JPG
    signups.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Next Tournament

NEXT TOURNAMENT- SPECIAL WEEKDAY EVENT

RULES:
  • SIGNUPS LIMITED TO FIRST 12 PLAYERS + 3 SUBS (1 x 6v6 Tournament)
  • SIGNUP OPENS - MONDAY 29TH November 19:30GMT
  • SIGNUP CLOSES - THURSDAY 2ND December 19:30GMT
  • TOURNAMENT STARTS - 20:00GMT
  • ALL VOLUNTEERED CAPTAINS IN IRC BY 19:30GMT #pugleague
  • ALL SIGNED PLAYERS IN IRC BY 19:45GMT #pugleague - Strict deadline - If you are not there subs will be used.

Last edited:
dont forget there is a pug tournament tonight , captains in irc by 19:30, players in irc by 19:45. If your not there on time, you are replaced (this includes those in the sub zone), even if its a second late!

ok so we played 2 matches tonight. And thats it for pug league this year.

I need to make some major improvements to the system. Going to try and make it so that teams can be picked from irc and the whole thing can be setup faster.
Might even make it into an "improved pugbot with scoring system attached to it"

Not sure if i should reset the scoring for next year? what do u think? Im last so i know what i want!

Last edited:
is a great system all things considered :)

could have it data mine from the #utapug log and just track captains/win/loses etc from there..
make riv code it for homework instead of cheating!

I vote for stats reset every year! (like the league)

would be nice to be done via irc with a bot, although not a ''must have'' imo

I vote for stats reset every year! (like the league)

RESET YEs

best for you and me XB

0 0 4 <-- u
1 0 4 <--me

2010 was a "test period" and the real begins 2011 with the improvements perhaps? =)

Even tho I won the only match I've played I agree that it should be reset, but have some track records of each year ranks or something, a bit like ut stats.

Yeah.... utstats for the pug league? That would be interesting.

Last edited:
I agree that not all stats need to be deleted. Try to save points and stats out of the year for the history. For the points and stats you can continue with yearly stats together with ongoing alltime player stats.