Pug League - Open

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

X-Bomb

Aug 16, 2001
London
NEXT TOURNAMENT- SIGNUPS CLOSE 21st November 18:45GMT

RULES:
1. Captains to be in IRC by 19:00GMT for instructions and picking. #pugleague (so if you volunteer please make sure you are around @ 19gmt)
2. Players to be in IRC by 19:15GMT (else subs will be found)
3. No Shows = 1 Tournament suspension (regardless of reason)

Please signup @ http://pug.utassault.net

Site Registration:
1. Click Login
2. Enter your UTA Nick + PW
3. Choose your country (you will only need to do this the first time you login - please select your real country and not Jupiter or Mars or some other dodgy country you never been to OK?)

Tournament Signup:
4. Once registered a new menu will appear - Hover over Tournament and click "SIGNUP"
5. Click the SIGNUP button, tick the box if you want to be captain (captains get double points for winning)
6. Confirm that you are signed by visiting the "Tournament Status" page

You can un-sign up to 1 hour before the tournament starts otherwise you are locked in and if you miss the tournament will be suspended for the next one.

Im not going to repeat what the pug league is - a full description is in the news post on the website http://pug.utassault.net/news.php. If you have any questions please post here. Also since this is the first tournament could you please say in this thread if you have signed and if you have any thoughts so that we can generate a better interest.

Im signed and volunteered as captain!

P.S the server system is ALL AUTOMATIC, tied matches are extended automatically and the final is also setup automatically after the semi finals end. This means we dont need an active moderator every tournament and saves me having to mess around with servers each tournament - We can give Timo a big thanks for this. I tested it the other week and it works beautifully!

Im recruiting a admin for the league just incase im not around (all you need to do is setup a new tournament once one ends and submit results - takes 2 mins) - pm me irc or forum

Last edited:
failing at step 4 at work, if i hover over ''tournament'' nothing happends.

then again the IE at work is awfully outdated, hotmail for instance crashes the whole browser if u login -_-

i'll sign as soon as I get home but i have a question, if i signup not as a captain, can I change my mind and captain later on? or is the decision to captain final when you signup.

failing at step 4 at work, if i hover over ''tournament'' nothing happends.

then again the IE at work is awfully outdated, hotmail for instance crashes the whole browser if u login -_-

i'll sign as soon as I get home but i have a question, if i signup not as a captain, can I change my mind and captain later on? or is the decision to captain final when you signup.

When I tested it, i tested on IE 8, Chrome and Firefox, its probably the outdated IE not letting you do it.

You can signup as captain up to 1 hour before tournament starts (if you are already signed - just unsign and then resign as capt or vice versa - if you dont want to capt, unsign and signup as a normal player). There is no guarantee that you will be captain, the system picks randomly between all the captains that volunteered

Last edited:
The pug league looks very promising!

Had to unsign because I don't know what time I'll get back home on Sunday. Would be a shame to miss the first match, so I'll try to be back before 6pm :arsemiss:

i looged in everything ok, although i will only be able to play the Pug league in the end of the month when i buy the new PC till then, leave it to you thatit looks very promissing

hello just another spam reminder! The tournament is today 19gmt.

I noticed a lot of people registered to the site - but did not sign up to the tournament.
I dont know if that was intentional - please double check on the tournament status page that you are signed up for the tournament.

If not please login and follow steps 4-6 on my original post.

For those that have already signed up, if you can not make it today please unsign before 18GMT tonight

Last edited:
its going to start 19gmt pretty much

P.S. with the number of signups at the moment it looks like it will be a 1x 6v6 match

1 more hour left to signup or unsign 18gmt deadline

When captains are picked by the system @ 18gmt can captains join #pugleague on irc for guidance

Last edited: