PUG ASSAULT MEGACUP 3vs3 #2 INTEREST POLL

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Would you like to play in 3v3 Cup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
every1 has diffrent opinions, and now your guessing other players skills. Not the way to go really. Just play well see what happens. Perhaps Temper is way better than expecter or the other way around who knows. You cant know this before it starts if you dont let all players rate each other or let every1 play a 1v1..... Seen so many times ppl guessing crap results before pug starts incl me.

Now just get ur team 2gether and start organise when to play well see what happens.

CBA more crying. Dont care if win or lose as long as we have a CUP.

Perhaps after the CUP we can make some lessons what was crap and good OK.

LETS GO

my 100% accurate system of picking based on fragging, launching, comms, team composition & tactical astuteness, gives the following weightings (djs teams)

Team 1 (twnz team): 23
Team 2 (ert team): 23.5
Team 3 (Cyb team): 20.5
Team 4 (Sphere team): 22.5 (based on temper being at least as good as pitbull)
Team 5 (DJ team): 23.5
Team 6 (Fable team): 22 (fatjeff was based on spitter skill / knowledge / awareness)

swaps required:
spitter to team 3, jay to team 2
solar to team 6, fatjeff to team 5

weighting after swaps
t1 - 23
t2 - 22.5
t3 - 22
t4 - 22.5
t5 - 24
t6 - 23

Last edited:
Team 1 (twnz team): 22.5
Team 2 (ert team): 23.5
Team 3 (Cyb team): 20.5
Team 4 (Sphere team): 22.5 (based on temper being at least as good as pitbull)
Team 5 (DJ team): 23.5
Team 6 (Fable team): 22 (fatjeff was based on spitter skill / knowledge / awareness

Well see in the end then if your system is corrupt or it actually works. Looks like team are decent enough to try them then according to ur ranking. Cant say i agree with them. Interesting to see the result.

you have to cater for the enjoyment of all, not a selected few teams

but it's your cup, your rules etc

Last edited:
do xbs teams, lets test his perfect method :D

if anyhting it balances out team 2/5 somewhat which is gg

Last edited:
I was basing my comment on pogos post. if team 2 is too strong then so is team 5.
if temper is good as blade, then spheres team is uber, cause mcpott is a reasonable fragger to

That's logical. I don't think Temper is that good, he's Polish. Sphere's team looks strong, will be monster offense with html/sphere launching, but defensively it's sphere vs. teh w0rld.

XB's suggestions really aren't that bad, but the teams as they stand now aren't so bad. XB's on the most powerful team! Also, it's good to have some strong teams, will make for challenging games. Captains did a good job overall and I was really satisfied and impressed when I came home to see that. Ultimately Assault is a beautiful game where any team can win when teams are this close. Looking forward to this!

OK

I now listened to you guys and changed the teams.

This was last change of teams and they are posted in post 1:

I did the changes XB suggested so no more crying now.
Start schedule the wars!

LETS DO THIS

//DJ

OK

I now listened to you guys and changed the teams.

This was last change of teams and they are posted in post 1:

I did the changes XB suggested so no more crying now.
Start schedule the wars!

LETS DO THIS

//DJ

These are good changes, even though I think teams were fine - I hope we can all agree on them!

@Pogo: TeamTwnz gonna be pwnz, twnz is a step ahead of anyone else in the cup, and with his team they're still gonna do well. Jaybone has been dominating PUGs lately gettin some really tough objectives, He's a dark horse!

new team weightings presented by bomb after facing fattjeff for the first time

weighting
t1 - 22
t2 - 22.5
t3 - 22
t4 - 22.5
t5 - 24
t6 - 23

Last edited:
X-BOMB WEIGHING TEAM6 REALLY HIGH. Must be buying into the legend of SMANT

imo

GA 1st: T1
GA 2nd: T3

GB 1st: T5
GB 2nd: T6

Semis
T1 vs T6 - T6 w
T5 vs T3 - T5 w

Finals - T6 vs T5 - T6 w

350 uta dollars bet

Hm, I think we need some scheduling done by cupmaster. At least a rough frame. I can't really picture 8 individual ppl agreeing on a time, expecially when some rarely are on irc.
For my part I pretty available if it starts no later than 22.30 on weekdays and generally after 22.30 on fridays/saturdays. :beer:

Hm, I think we need some scheduling done by cupmaster. At least a rough frame. I can't really picture 8 individual ppl agreeing on a time, expecially when some rarely are on irc.
For my part I pretty available if it starts no later than 22.30 on weekdays and generally after 22.30 on fridays/saturdays.

Try 2 play ur 2 groupmatches before NOV ends

Then we play semis and final before Xmas.
This is in the rules or some other post =).

Up to each captain to try contact other teams and organice this.
Shouldnt be that hard if ppl idle in UTAPUG.

If we get problems with this you might understand why i recomended the 3v3 cause its less players to organise.
Should still be possiblem tho. Just grab ur team and play ur match.

Good Luck!

:)

interesting cyb, you think team 6 places second in group, but then wins the whole thing against the team they lost to group! bold guess!!

here's mine

group A:
Team 2
Team 1

group B:
Team 5
Team 6

Semis:
Team 2 v Team 6 - Team 2
Team 5 v Team 1 - Team 5

Final:
Team 2 v Team 5 - Team 5