PUG ASSAULT MEGACUP 3vs3 #2 INTEREST POLL

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Would you like to play in 3v3 Cup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dj_AL

-)EaS*
Nov 3, 2002
Lund (Sweden)
Pug assault megacup #2 interest poll

PUG ASSAULT MEGACUP 4vs4 #2 INTEREST POLL

Seen alot of players join IRC again and we have alot of 6v6 going on atm. Was kinda dead after summer but yet again we have alot of pugs going on.

Pug is fun but IMO still miss some of the competivness. After you lose a pug we sign next pug and the previous pug is forgotten. Perhaps we can do something about this.

This way you get to play with the same team for at least 2 matches and at most 4 matches. This might get the feeling of a "team" again and perhaps learn some positions etc to next match being played.

Some of the rules here and kinda easy:

- We play 4v4 on UTAPUG server when team decides
- Team decides tue-wed with all captains picked.
- Captains picks teams and we do as fair team as possible.
- Most skilled captain picks last first round and so on.
- When teams decided i will make a draw for which team goes into group A and B
- Then its possible to start organise match for each captain and players.
- First to 4 maps like usual pug in group stage. In semi we play first to 5 maps. In Final we play first to 6 maps.
- The team who gets to pick 4 map is random by IRC. If ur lucky u get to pick 4 maps. If not its 3.
- Launches both hammer and rox allowed to make pug faster and more fun + Makes less good fragging teams compete.
- Test Room allowed. All bugs allowed like hiding and tree and spawncamp etc. Part of the game so deal with it.
- You play the match when you got time and every1 on irc. Fun to spectate the match for every1 else.
- Ill document this easy in google Drive with points won for each teams + maps to make a 1st,2nd and 3rd team in each group.
- 3 points for a win and 1point for a tie. Also important to win alot of maps even if you lose the match. If same points in table winning maps decides.
- Group matches should be played in november. Semis + Finals in December.
- No Crying allowed or internal injuries.
- If a player drops out YOU SHOULD let the same player sit in which order they were picked for the teams. THis to make it fair. Use brain and be fair. If i e the last player drops somehow the other teams should try let the last picked player sit.
- All maps allowed except "AS-WorseThings_preview" to pick on UTAPUG. Theres no limits on picking 3 std or 1 custom. Feel free to pick all custom maps for your team. After 15 years you cant cry about not knowing a map. Then learn it before the match.

FORMAT

Group A
Team 1
Team 2
Team 3

Group B
Team 4
Team 5
Team 6

1st place + runner up qulifies from group A
1st place + runner up qulifies from group B
3rd teams in both groups are out.

Knockoutstage SEMI FINALS
1st place group A vs Runner Up Group B
1st place group B vs Runner Up Group A

FINAL
Winner Semi 1 vs Winner Semi 2

Min 2 games for each team in groupstage.
Max 4 games for each teams that reach final

WARRIORS

01 DJ
02 Killastone
03 Twnz
04 Humak
05 NoMercy
06 Pit
07 Jay
08 CBG
09 Pogo
10 Mex
11 Lemjay
12 X-Bomb
13 Smant
14 Ert
15 FatJeff
16 Spitter
17 Fable
18 html
19 Temper
20 Hudson
21 Pato
22 Sphere
23 Sneez
24 Solar

Would be Nice if RED players above is captains for 1 team each. Please contat me in IRC well join a channel and prepare the teams.

SUBS
01 : Torp
02 : Uzi

-----------------------TEAMS NOW PICKED AND SORTED INTO GROUPS -----------------------

GROUP A

TEAM 1:
twnz sneez killa huds

TEAM 2:
ert xb pit jay

TEAM 3:
cyb mercy humak spitter

GROUP B

TEAM 4:
sphere html mcpott temper

TEAM 5:
dj pogo mex fatjeff

TEAM 6:
fable pato solar smant

Last edited:
I'm going to be a bit of a negative Nancy here, DJ. While I appreciate your attempt at organizing something, 3v3 is by far the most shit player size to play Assault on. Why not 4v4 or something less shit?

Furtheremore:
Dj_AL said:
- Test Room allowed. All allowed even backstabbing and spawnrape.
Is that supposed to make people want to play? Test room < 4v4 has always been frowned upon afaik, so has :dj:-ing.

Not doable with 4v4 i think were not enough players. But well see off course.
IF SO we might change to 4v4 off course if lots players signed. Depends on what people want. We can only do this thogh if were 24 signed.

IF 24 players signed we can choose these formats. You all decide which 1 you prefer. If less players we do 3v3.

PLAN A:
3v3 with 12 players each group = 4 teams each group and winner + runner up goes semifinal from each group. Like my suggestion in the thread.
This means 4 matches total for finalist

OR

PLAN B:
4v4 with 12 players each group but 3 teams each group. Only winner goes final vs other group winner. This means 3 matches total for finalist

Both formats doable if 24 players signed.

Regarding TEST ROOM it leaves out more options and means tons more communication for each teams which is fun. You need to trust ur partners. I like this and i hate to attack auorip really 3v3 with no test or vents. Its boring and usually 10 min attack. DOnt really get why we should disable some routes to objectives when they are in the map. When should we then decide what routes not to take and when is it allowed? So tunnel route on dungoen last obj not allowed then in 3v3 or access room ballistic not allowed in low team size games?.
Just need more coms on the team.

Regarding backstabbing and spawnrape its part of the game and always has been. All top players do it all the time. Been there for 15 years so just kill those who try to do it instead of go cry mode. YOu also got spawn protection for 3 seconds. YOu cant prevent this.
Part of the game

//DJ

Last edited:
teamsize should depend on signups, rather see high quality games given the talent pool left in uta

maybe a XvX round robin tracking pug wins/map wins
you really think your top of the A class dj? prove it in wins. good competition makes for good games, id rather see this than twnz hudson vs spear cyb

A Class
twnz ert vs spear dj
twnz spear vs ert dj
twnz dj vs ert spear

3v3 A Class
twnz spear ert vs dj wez cyb
etc

4v4 A Class
twnz spear ert prom vs dj wez cyb wish
etc...

Pit Class
pit pogo vs mercy mex
pit mercy vs pogo mex
pit mex vs pogo mercy

Nice idea but think i want every1 to participate.

Old skilled players can still mentoring less good fraggers etc and motivate them good enough to make the team win.
Thats 1 part of the game i like really.

Well see what happens after ppl signed up.
Just want alot of signups now we can start really soon.

Its also nice to spectate the matches and perhaps do some bettings on each group.

//DJ

I voted yes yesterday cuz I believe uta can use all the help it can get to revive itself more

however I would rather play a 2v2 cup like the 1v1 I organized few years ago with a double elimination loser bracket
2v2 for me has always been most competitive mode since the actions you take will make or break u in certain situations

- Launches both hammer and rox allowed to make pug faster and more fun. + Makes less good fragging teams compete. Impossible to get exact same fragging skills for all teams but with rox and hammer launch allowed they can make up for this and with good coms.

YEs hudz read rules above

this to make it possible for less good fragging teams to compete.

I think we need an official banner, can someone make a banner please, my Photoshop is terrible

the MEGA BEAST cup 2014. SIGN UP AT forums.utassault.net

HOW EPIC IS THAT?

I will spam it in irc all day