PUG ASSAULT MEGACUP 3vs3 #2 INTEREST POLL

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Would you like to play in 3v3 Cup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
XB the lastest suggestion is like follows. Will change post 1 when i got time and we decided alles.
I think u misunderstood its not 1 group only its 2.

Group A
Team 1
Team 2
Team 3

Group B
Team 4
Team 5
Team 6

1st place + runner up qulifies from group A
1st place + runner up qulifies from group B
3rd teams in both groups are out.

Knockoutstage SEMI FINALS
1st place group A vs Runner Up Group B
1st place group B vs Runner Up Group A

FINAL
Winner Semi 1 vs Winner Semi 2

Min 2 games for each team in groupstage.
Max 4 games for each teams that reach final

So we're picking all teams tonight? Who gets 1st pick etc?

ps: if OW is gonna cast any of this I could make a quick teaser, just send me demos of launches or w/e in pugs if you'd like, ty

Last edited:
we will decide captains and how to pick teams and maps etc after we get all 24 players signed.

Then ill start irc channel well do alles from there. Perhaps should the highest ranked player cap pick last in round 1 end so on. Well figure that out.

Just need 1 more players.

What do you think about the format with group a and b?

1 More Player Needed!

ps: if OW is gonna cast any of this I could make a quick teaser, just send me demos of launches or w/e in pugs if you'd like, ty

Great idea! Let's do that so that they can go to Epic and talk about how SHIT and SKILLESS rocket launching is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the format as long as teams are well rounded, which might be hard with 6, we'll see

Actually, I'm surprisingly pleased with how well the teams could be rounded, based on what pogo wrote earlier. We do need to take into account that X-Bomb hasn't completely un-rusted himself, but I think it's possible to create some really good teams. Part of this needs to be an attitude adjustment among all of us as well. We obviously want to play to win, but after 15 years we need to just accept that some of us named Hudson have little chance of winning and need to play to have fun.

I am also concerned about activity. Subs will be needed!

Sure, I'll play

Please take in account I have only played maybe 5 pugs last month and that has been it for the whole year.

1 twnz pit sneez jay
2 ert fable killa hudson
3 sphere html solar temper
4 dj pogo pato humak
5 xb nomercy fatjeff smant
6 cyb mex spitter lemjay

top 6, paired with someone they play well with
gave ert/fable the bottom 2 cause they get 2 AAA players...

not easy to make teams.. but its a start
lets get lil weezy and prom would be much better teams than randoms who dont even pug... doubt theyll show up to this

Is it possible for the suggested captains to join IRC tonight and make teams?

Join the #channel i suggested last night.

CBG
ERT
FABLE
TWNZ
DJ
SPHERE

DJ are those just 'suggested' captains ? Have they been advised of this yet? Can we set a later date (like Sunday) to have everyone on IRC and do a draft, that way people can be around, or is that too late?

i think you should weaken team 2 not quite balanced.. question is how...

splittter for hudson is my vote.

GROUP A

#1 TEAM 2: ert xb pit spitter
#2 TEAM 3: cyb mercy humak jay
#3 TEAM 1: twnz sneez killa huds

GROUP B

they say temper is as good as blade, but i think teams are too weak...

#1 TEAM 5:dj pogo mex solar
#2 TEAM 4: sphere html mcpott temper
#3 TEAM 6:fable pato fatjeff smant

Team 2 wins it all.

Last edited:
Dont think we can please every1. We tried 2 hours last night.
XB you were crying no matter what we should of done.
And then when we tried to please you you said NEVER MIND lets do this.

Make up your mind?!?!?!?

Every1 think diffrent really. Just look at the best before each pug were like 60% of the time were so off the end result.

I think we should just see what happens. This is better then if we picked in order each captain picks 1 which was my original plan. I changed my mind and we all discussed teams and sorted them out. Does it really matter that much ?
Im happy if we make this to the final. Then we could do another with more good picking and teams.
Lessons Learned from this 1 OK!.

Remember there is no limits to pick custom maps etc so you can still suprise the other team ALOT.

You can suprise the other team with picking 3 or 4 std maps or custom maps.

//DJ

Last edited:
I was basing my comment on pogos post. if team 2 is too strong then so is team 5.
if temper is good as blade, then spheres team is uber, cause mcpott is a reasonable fragger to