Pics in Sigs

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Would you like to add a picture (banner-style) as a signature?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Weirdo. I think even by not hosting the pics, the forum administration cant restrict the visible height of a signature to say 150p. If a user uses more, a scrollbar would appear. Ive seen it in other forums.

This way brajans complaint would also be unrelevant, if the height of users' sigs could even be fixed at 150p. Then the page will have the right layout right when it starts loading (unless there are pics in posts too)

If this is enforced, I see no reason against it. If it is not, screw pics, they are useless

Sobo it's not a problem with pic dimensions but file weight. It's easy to make a 50kb banner but you can make 500kb as well. This aspect cannot be controlled if pic is hosted on remote server but still it'll decrease forums loading time :(
Now imagine page with 20 posts where every message contains 250kb sig pic on different servers all around the world .... simply sux!

Last edited:
brajan said:
Sobo it's not a problem with pic dimensions but file weight. It's easy to make a 50kb banner but you can make 500kb as well. This aspect cannot be controlled if pic is hosted on remote server but still it'll decrease forums loading time :(
Now imagine page with 20 posts where every message contains 250kb sig pic on different servers all around the world .... simply sux!
And then the first few days it might be a tad slower than normal (20x250=5000, with my max downloadspeed it would take 6.5secs) but after that it's all cached. When it's all cached it loads as fast as before.. no problem there.
And for those who don't want it at all, just turn sigs off.

I'm not caching anything in my browsers so with every visit here i'll need to download all this crap.

i voted yes.. offcourse i like pics in sigs, but we once had non-uta forum when there wasn't enough bandwith on uta.net with P*i and other clans (pac and some others) where every member had a pic in it.. that looks shit and works shitty... so i guess i should vote no...

[quote='//3iRd(o)]Pfft, I cba to go round editing people's sigs ffs :P[/quote]

Upgrade the forum to vBulletin 3.6.x it comes with user sig controls u can control the size of text, image formats used, vbcodes, how many lines a user can have.

You can make it so everyone follows the same rules or do it by usergroups so people that give money to the forum can have better images in sigs or more lines of text.

Current vBulletin Release is 3.6.2

Also you can control the size and how many images / smilies can be loaded in to a sig and the dimensions

Last edited:
:lol: What the hell are you rolling your eyes at with a statement like that?

a) vBulletin isn't open source, it's a proprietary product which we've purchased a licence for and pay members area fees each year - for the past 5 years or so.

b) Your troll about "Open Source software" covers so much stuff, like 2 million projects or something. Some projects release code every second of the day via SVN. Others release files only every few years - depending on how busy they are.

vbulletin and invision have to patch their soft very often since vulnerability are found every now and then. ;)

ØPÍÛM said:
vbulletin and invision have to patch their soft very often since vulnerability are found every now and then. ;)
There are not much of them and even there are some .... they are getting fixed fast enough before public exploits are released.