Pics in Sigs

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Would you like to add a picture (banner-style) as a signature?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lex_Mortis

Not here
Sep 2, 2002
The Netherlands
WAY back you could have a picture in your sig, mostly banner-shaped..
I think it was disabled for a few reason?
Prolly something like server-load/bandwidth and slower loading for 56k users..

It's 2006, sod the 56k users... either gtfo the internet or get a real connection.
Server-load or bandwidth usage.. just make everyone host their own piccy.

If people dont like it (or 56k users) they can always turn signatures off in the user control panel.

To make sure that the overall layout doesnt get borked set a limit to the max width & height.

Isn't it time to bring the picture sigs back?

Get donating then bandwidth aint free:P personally it aint exactly something I miss.

I voted no. Plain text sigs are ok and not causing longer page loadings.
forums.unreal.pl has this option enabled and it's sooo annoying to wait for all those fancy pics in sigs.

we just talk about a few second but each day you would lose some minutes :| if you browse through the forums alot :P

so I voted no

Lex_Mortis said:
Why would it cost UTA bandwidth if everyone hosts their own pic? :|

The only way to control what size a banner is, is by hosting it on the forums, otherwise people can put whatever size they want as a sig.

^^
If that happens an admin/moderator just edits the sig to a boring informative sig which states the rules ;)

I still voted no tho :P

I voted yes but i mean No actually. I even think there should be a restriction on signatures. Seeing as sometimes signatures are miles bigger than the msg makes it pretty confusing. a signature of 3 lines is more than enough imho.

I had signatures turned off a while, but thats kinda annoying, especially when theyre talking about it.

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]Pfft, I cba to go round editing people's sigs ffs :P[/QUOTE]
then recruit a sig-admin? :rolleyes:

Can I become a sig admin please?

I'll develop a script that automatically deletes all sigs from the database daily :P

There is better built in code in vBulletin now to handle signatures. But I'm not sure we need them

Yes, isn't there a size limit that could be put on here, no matter if the pic is hosted elsewhere? Pics with a URL (say like from www.photobucket.com ) can be forced to whatever size allowable onto a forum.

P.S.- Once you do get someone's pic/sig, it's in your cache & won't be downloaded again (unless you clean it out). ;)

Last edited: