Old UTA players you miss...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

i miss dodge and docta luv from damit :D

They never were in DAMIT, but did play on the servers they had! ;)

The one I did miss was Hodge (he used his real name for a bit, but used other nicknames when he was in TWG & HAK).
Been a few years now since he committed suicide around this month of October! R.I.P. :(

Old UAS'ers: Nobody, Fusion, Jaybone, Sloth aka Brian, DJ_Cryo, Protocol, Prototype, Sinsemilla, Wellstoned, Helterskelter, RiotChild, TuT, PlayR

I miss you! :(

hope I didn't forget anyone that's inactive

Brian is still waiting for everyone to show up at irc.enterthegame.com #clanuas

Just kidding, I'm right here.

I MISS YOU TOO SUPERMIC WAHHHHHHHHHHHH :bawling:

LET'S BUILD A TIME MACHINE AND GO BACK TOGETHER!

Sorry to say Flatus, sounds a bit blunt but R.I.P to anyone who committed suicide is bollocks, they don't deserve it.

That may be your own opinion, but you would say the same if you too knew the crap he had to endure in the situation he was in.

Anyways, I just realized now this topic was meant for UTA players & even though he was involved in playing UT & for the old league (WAR), I don't recall him being in UTA by the time HAK decided to join before. Well, there are a few others I also miss that got out of the UT scene.

Sorry to say Flatus, sounds a bit blunt but R.I.P to anyone who committed suicide is bollocks, they don't deserve it.

surely suicide is a selfish decision, but some people don't see another way out of their lifes. Surely they deserve their rest after this life, whatever/whereever that is...

Brian is still waiting for everyone to show up at irc.enterthegame.com #clanuas

Just kidding, I'm right here.

I MISS YOU TOO SUPERMIC WAHHHHHHHHHHHH :bawling:

LET'S BUILD A TIME MACHINE AND GO BACK TOGETHER!

Brian! :) Played any DM lately? ;)
come to irc.utassault.net #coh or #uas and chat with me and squirrel

I understand some people have it extremely tough, but to commit suicide whatever situation you are in is the easy way out. A lot of people have it tough but that's no reason.

I don't believe for 1 minute that suicides is anyone's ONLY option.

I understand some people have it extremely tough, but to commit suicide whatever situation you are in is the easy way out. A lot of people have it tough but that's no reason.

Pretty sellfsih and naiv view of things.
suicide is a valid and sometimes even the most human method to end a life.

What's the point in trying to survive and fight when you know that you've Alzheimer, unhealable cancer or when you waste the time until death into a hospital?
Not only you suffer, but also your family when they see you in that way.

The decision he made, was the thoughst in his life and very personal. It should be respected, even from the church.

So saying he doesnt deserves a R.I.P. is intolerable and wrong.

Pretty sellfsih and naiv view of things.
suicide is a valid and sometimes even the most human method to end a life.

What's the point in trying to survive and fight when you know that you've Alzheimer, unhealable cancer or when you waste the time until death into a hospital?
Not only you suffer, but also your family when they see you in that way.

The decision he made, was the thoughst in his life and very personal. It should be respected, even from the church.

So saying he doesnt deserves a R.I.P. is intolerable and wrong.

+1

Committing suicide doesn't just affect one persons life though does it. Even if you are terminally ill there will be other people involved who may disagree and for their sake is not the correct thing to do.

So Bart, everyone who has cancer and alzheimers should be allowed to just fuck off and die then? I mean I am sure none of them wish to be living any more but that doesn't mean they should just kill themselves. Half the population would be killing themselves if it is right to do so. Dementia, Other terminal illnesses, Aids, Cancer all of these sufferers.

My grandad had cancer and if he killed himself I would have had less respect for the guy. I wanted him in my life for as long as he could last. So no in my opinion even sufferers shouldn't be so selfish. Regardless of how your family member may appear to be you don't want them to die do you? I would say sacrifice is more human like not suicide. Please don't call someone naive before you know anything about what they have gone through.

On a side note if people can't decide for themselves because their illness has taken over their brain. Then I think it is OK for them to be allowed to die.

Last edited:
Torp just fuckoff and stop degenerating every thread with your retarded arguements.

7/10

My grandad had cancer and if he killed himself I would have had less respect for the guy. I wanted him in my life for as long as he could last. So no in my opinion even sufferers shouldn't be so selfish.

Wow... really, I mean, wow.
So what if your grandad knew he had no chance of recovery, or was heavily depressed by the situation. That his life had changed so dramatically that it was beyond his control... there are a million different reasons why people commit suicide, I don't think its a decision made lightly. Things tend to be pretty bad before people take such drastic action, unbearable even. So if you had a relative who literally couldn't bear the thought of living, and I don't mean in the "omdz im gonna like kill myself if i dont get a pint soon" sort of way, I mean literally, having to open there eyes is a genuine effort that depresses them, if they were that completely miserable, you would want them to carry on living, because you don't want to deal with the greif?

Yes, those selfish motherfuckers.

I'm not suggesting your grandad is/was miserable/couldn't bear living, you used him as one example, I'm expanding onto another. PLEASE read what I'm writing, don't fly off the handle with some "omg he hates me its a conspiracy" line.

Lets move away from terminally ill, cancer type things.
What about people with severe depression, mental problems etc? Everyone is different Torp, everyones brain is different. Different people interpret different surroundings, emotions, feelings in a different way. I'm guessing you are a pretty stable young chap, you eat healthily, exercise regularly etc... Good, I'm glad.
Can you actually imagine whats its like for people, who don't have any control over there emotionals/reactions to things? People who are petrified of everyday situations that you or I may see as insignificant.

I'm not saying suicide is "good", that it solves anything, and a lot of people do it for ridiculous reasons, mainly those that get lots of media coverage. But the way you said "the easy way out" implies that its a solutio;, its a last resort for a lot of people who can't take anymore.

Sorry but I think you are being incredibly short sighted, inconsiderate and disgustingly disrespectful.
... Either that or Humph is paying you.

Last edited:

Imho you're being narrow-minded. In the example of your granddad one could say that the selfish one is you.
Let me make this clear, I don't know any details about that situation or any other situations you may or may not have been involved in, but if someone is suffering 24/7 who are you to deny that person a way out? That sounds terribly selfish to me.
I agree to a certain degree, people too often commit suicide for problems which seemingly are 'easy' to be solved from an outsider's POV, but still the outsider can only guess as to how troubled that person really is.

On a side note if people can't decide for themselves because their illness has taken over their brain. Then I think it is OK for them to be allowed to die.
You think it's OK in that situation? Geez :rolleyes:

Sry 4 off-topic.