Official UTA PUG - Love Assault then Read more

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ok, TIW + Reporter bot are now running.

Had a quick look into that problem with Riv3, could've been a problem with the previous reset that the pug issued.. Just one to keep an eye on tho tbh.

I just thought I would post an update to the situation of the PUG, perhaps some others who have experienced the games last few days will comment as well.

Initially there were some problems with the pug. They seem to have been solved and for the last 3 days a good number of pugs have been taking place with sometimes not enough space to allow every player into the game.

The channel averages around 20 people a day right now and in peak times up to 40. I know a lot of people idle but I think during the day there are about 8 or so games of different sizes taking place.

Few things which I’m going to try get changed is to incorporate the flag system on the server so we can see specs and so it looks a bit better. I will also look into getting Lockdown removed although the opinion’s on this is still divided.

Another thing is the auth system; some people are not registered and therefore can’t play. I wouldn’t call this a problem but when people use the “allow other team to use merc’s command” it sort of defies the point of having the system in place to begin with.

I hope more people will drop by and have some games and those who have played give their comments ?

Visit us @ #utapug & #utapugreport @ irc.utassault.net

I just joined the channel and the matchs since 3 days ago. My experiences:

about server, is less bad to me that league servers and that pubs.

about system, is marvelious !! :P u can choice matchs 4vs4, 5vs5 etc and play 7 maps, 9 maps etc, like ppl like more.

about channel, i think is the best of all, there u can find a lot of ppl that weeks ago was flaming some to others, ppl that hated other ppl, etc, this was turning shit allways flames etc etc and now u can feel the love there :love: ppl join together and not flames in wars etc. Teams are even more of times, and matchs/maps are allways close.

I think this is coming good to the comunity cos servers was going suxs and all ppl flaming to the rest.

About matchs, is a bit like pubs, but with score and team even, teamplay cant be high cos i guess ppl only use std launchs, nobody want show "special" clan launchs. The bad is that normally playing 7 maps and "allways" the same: ballis, bridge, siege, desert, golgo, river3al, +1

About auth user is required, then ppl cant fake nick and cant moan.
About flags etc etc, i like it but i hope this not turn server like uta servers, with a lot updates but going worse with the time.

thx and good job !

The PUGbot indeed works well at the moment.
There is a teamspeak server so everyone can talk during the game.
The server is good for me, stable ping + didn't have any lagspikes on it so far.
Skill level is higher then the public games + more exciting because of that!
Auth system helps you know who you are playing against, which was a problem with the PUGs a couple of years ago.

I recommend this to anyone thats looking for a game instead of going public.

Aye very nic job mc on putting all effort into this, i myself enjoy it and like the server.

As for lockdown i wud remove it its very unfair on the attackign team, u were speccing me on ballistic (forget the LOL one where i hit wall) where i clearly cudnt dodge to warhead due to having 2ppls mini locking me down. A vote cud determine the outcome? but its very annoying

very nice idea to establish UTAPUG, :thumb: mc

my experience: enjoyable skilled games, not worrying about uneven teams, people being friendly :cool:

server feels more than ok if compared to dfp and matchserver 1 to 4 atm :)

alfter several games for me the idea of it seems great but the ping for me unfortunately is a lot worse than on dfp of course; sometimes it was even laggy. at times i feel like playing with dsl again and dont actually know where to aim because ping changes every other second. too bad really, for i thought i hadnt played on a server which gave me a bad ping before. :\

ping alot better there compare to dfp ^^ least you know how it feels to play with a bad ping and lag!

pug ftw

played 2 games yesterday and works like a dream...

very good ping for me (even over the little pond inbetween :)) and much more tactics in the game... i suddenly enjoyed bridge a lot more :)

few things i would like to add tho. Maybe that "no-frag-lost-due-suicide" is a good thing. now i see some people not suiciding because they will lose a frag...(the "i want to own" feeling is still there because it's not a real match)

and it might be an idea to add some non league maps to the list... so that a game with "potencial new league" maps can be set up quite easy with people who actually want to play them.
because like trafy said. almost the same maps are played over and over again.

very nice! i like it.

i pld once, too.
system is great - just the server isn't as good for me as dfp (surprise, surprise :D).
maybe same system on a dfp server, too? :naughty: :drool:

Mushroomhead said:
played twice yesturday, server is ok but my ping bounces like fuck 40 - 160 - 30 - 170 - 40 - 150 etc

no it doesnt u muppet lol, only sometimes at starts pings go to 300 or something but goes down when game starts

i pld once, too.
system is great - just the server isn't as good for me as dfp (surprise, surprise ).
maybe same system on a dfp server, too?

nice Idea!!

The system is great i like it. still server is crap for me. Got some spikes on it. DFP way better for me asweel as server 4 but cant be good for every1. But the system is great lots of close games i like alot!

use same system on DFP or server 4 would be even better =)

Dj_AL said:
nice Idea!!

The system is great i like it. still server is crap for me. Got some spikes on it. DFP way better for me asweel as server 4 but cant be good for every1. But the system is great lots of close games i like alot!

use same system on DFP or server 4 would be even better =)

dfp2

Mcs server was ok for me when i played 2v2 or 3v3 in the testing period, for me it just seemed as if it was lacking power for a 5v5