New Unreal Tournament [Real, not speculation]

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Despite only having an Intel i3-380 on this laptop, the game "runs", although I have not tweaked any settings yet, or tried Multiplayer.

The problem is, without a decent laptop cooler, it will definitely overheat within 15 minutes. In fact, even with the cooler, I am not sure what will happen after 30 mins! We shall see :)

Playing this game few days now. It runs @70 FPS online on full server on unfinished map (decktest), 1920X1080 resolution and EVERYTHING to minimum so i can play smoothly.
My specs are i5 4 cores @ 3.1 GhZ, 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600MhZ, UT is installed on SSD and GFX is HD 6900 4GB.

UT itself dont suck so much and it can be quite playable but theres so much more room for improvement. Weapons are still unbalanced and characters mechanic animation is poorly done and feels like they have a stick deep inside their asses. We need frontfilip dodge back imo and animated characters are always holding weapons with both hands so it reminds me of COD or BF :S ( wheres good old ownage one hand rocket blast?) Hitscan players only have shock rifle primary cuz i think sniper is so sucky and low tickrate. As for mechanics of the gameplay itself it feels ok....wall dodge is a bit new for me since ive only played UT99 and only tried UT2K4 few times. I think they will fix this somehow( i hope so)..all in all we have ourselves a descent successor to UT99 i think....but i dont know how will the new players that play UT for very first time gonna be hooked liek we did 10-15 yrs back

Last edited:
And as for assault mode...does anyone have some info if the developers are actually working on it? On forums theres been a discussion bout rocket lauching and it might end up in game when it is finally released....
Is there any way that old UT99 maps can be imported into new editor/engine ? Maybe they need maps like Ballistic/Bridge/River3 and other custom maps UTA community plays to make them STD maps in new UT:P (just an idea)

Ba]V[sE;1632754 said:
Epic know how launching works and assault will come as mod, until then play DM :satan:
When the assault mod comes in UT4 we can make movies and tutorials etc :).

@Anti :)

Anyway the Game run Fine for an Alpha , Makes a lot of Fun to Play , normaly i Dont Like DM but hours Spend on it ^^.

By all the Hardware issues , its an Alpha and get Optimize , so maybe even an Older pc can handle the new Engine (with lower settings ofc) if all is Optimized and Fine.

Ba]V[sE;1632754 said:
Epic know how launching works and assault will come as mod, until then play DM :satan:
When the assault mod comes in UT4 we can make movies and tutorials etc :)

And than it's too late, because they won't implement launching....

However If they do, we can sure make tutorials for it with ut4 :)

Last edited:
Assault is already in the Engine at Epic HQ but not realesed to us for modification or tests yet.
They still work on the weapons and movement. Flak, enfo and shockrifle is new weapons,
ALL others are placeholders from UT3, it´s only pre-alpha guys :satan:

Playing this game few days now. It runs @70 FPS online on full server on unfinished map (decktest), 1920X1080 resolution and EVERYTHING to minimum so i can play smoothly.
My specs are i5 4 cores @ 3.1 GhZ, 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600MhZ, UT is installed on SSD and GFX is HD 6900 4GB.

UT itself dont suck so much and it can be quite playable but theres so much more room for improvement. Weapons are still unbalanced and characters mechanic animation is poorly done and feels like they have a stick deep inside their asses. We need frontfilip dodge back imo and animated characters are always holding weapons with both hands so it reminds me of COD or BF :S ( wheres good old ownage one hand rocket blast?) Hitscan players only have shock rifle primary cuz i think sniper is so sucky and low tickrate. As for mechanics of the gameplay itself it feels ok....wall dodge is a bit new for me since ive only played UT99 and only tried UT2K4 few times. I think they will fix this somehow( i hope so)..all in all we have ourselves a descent successor to UT99 i think....but i dont know how will the new players that play UT for very first time gonna be hooked liek we did 10-15 yrs back
It's PRE-ALPHA. jeez.

Tbh maybe your right, maybe im just scared this new UT wont be what it should be :S

I started to work on some character animations aswell but im newb in this so i havent done anything worth mentioning

Btw where do you guys usually play? On wich servers? maxiz, bamz, jeff?

Last edited:
Thanks for making the videos Bamz, they're really great, please keep doing them. They're much more useful than the ones Epic make which are just all blah blah blah. It is great to see the action. Are any other gametypes available yet? CTF/iCTF would be cool

The new weapons look pretty good to me actually. There is obviously still a long way to go but it seems like they are listening to the wider community, not just their mates. I hope it continues.

Thanks for making the videos Bamz, they're really great, please keep doing them. They're much more useful than the ones Epic make which are just all blah blah blah. It is great to see the action. Are any other gametypes available yet? CTF/iCTF would be cool

The new weapons look pretty good to me actually. There is obviously still a long way to go but it seems like they are listening to the wider community, not just their mates. I hope it continues.

Current gametypes included in PRE-ALPHA are DM, TDM, iCTF, CTF, SPEED, DUEL

Btw where do you guys usually play? On wich servers? maxiz, bamz, jeff?

Just add "fatJeff" to your buddy list :) usually i play on clanwarz servers. they give good pings for me here in germany.

i will open up a thread sometime soon, where all can post their ut4 names.

I will Joko, maybe next will be CTF or iCTF good point :)

Im usually at german or swedish servers! iBamzz is my name if you wanna add me as friend :satan:

Looked a bit like you encountered some stuttering every now and again Bamse, is this true? And if true, why? Doesn't seem to happen on deck for example in your previous videos.