New Unreal Tournament [Real, not speculation]

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com...ault-Gamemode!&p=139696&viewfull=1#post139696

I didn't know KK could talk:
If they bring back assault im afraid it will not be the same as ut99 (and this is a very bad thing), I was a veteran assault player back in the day and i can say without a doubt it is the most synchronized team based game mode ever made, not one game has ever even closely replicated the teamwork required for assault. the reason I say it wont be the same is because ut99 assault mode evolved into something EPIC never intended, bugs and exploits for each map were quickly found out after the games release, by some sort of luck they ended up making assault a one of a kind game mode, these exploits were known as tricks and tactics and completely defendable, so it was fair.

Along with the exploits it showed us how powerful of a tool the impact hammer could be and soon hammer launches were discovered, double hammer launches, boot hammer jumps, different types of rocket launches one for distance and one for height, etc. the only downfall of this was that their was a deeper learning curve from the rest of the ut99 modes (you needed to learn the maps, practice your hammer jumps, find out what works and what doesn't etc) and while on defense you had to place your team carefully at strategic places that compliments their style of play, if you had a guy that was insane with a sniper rifle you would place him high to guard against launches that could skip many objectives, while you had 2 minigunners on the ground for control of rushes. I really dont think they will allow this again since n00bs will not wanted to play against people that take the time to learn the maps and exploit weaknesses in defense, Sucks really

Is this true that there wont be no rocket launching in UT4 as far as the devs are concerned? Yday i tried to convert few AS UT99 maps to UE4 but it turned out it is completely fckued up . I have no skill in this only good will..it doesnt mean it is impossible tho..anyone else tried that?

I can make maps without problem, but since the traitor html decided to represent the assault community and insist rocket launching isn't that important, they've said no rox launch in UT4 unless we build the gametype ourselves and add it. I'm not personally willing to do that.

Also UT4 rox suck

WTF

Mkay if you change ur mind bout this im willing to help tho i have not possess the knowledge about creating this. So the devs wont do it not even as a mutator? fcuk it...so community needs to build the gametype ...heck then it needs a custom RL aswell:x

^ Blueprints seem really powerful and accessible to use, and would probably be able to recreate UT99 AS. The issue comes with it being entirely community driven :hangover:

Yeh i think that also Maxiz. It feels a bit slower than UT99 loading. But i also noticed that people complain about the missile speed in UT4. It is faster than in UT99 and it is quite hard to dodge the rocket. Would be even harder to dodge a 6 pack then. Maybe slowing down missile speed a bit would help in general for RL including eightball also.

EDIT:

Eightball update:

- Fixed timing issues with GameSpeed

Various tweaks (approximating UT99 values)
- Decreased maximum loading time
- Decreased primary and alternate base fire rate slightly
- Increased Rocket damage and momentum
- Increased Rocket acceleration speed slightly
- Increased Grenade damage, velocity, velocity max, momentum
- Decreased Grenade gravity, tossZ, and damage radius
- Circular Spread - Tightened Radius, now no longer centers final rocket

- Firing, AltFiring, Loading, Pickup sounds from UT99

Known bugs: Firing your last shot as a single rocket/grenade requires you to hit alt-fire for the lack of ammo to register and auto-switch away. (Can also switch away as normal.)

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/showthread.php?17513-Rocket-Launcher

Last edited: