New Unreal Tournament [Real, not speculation]

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Apologize to everyone for having a mac and raising your kids on it.

:P Only Mac keyboards because they own everyone I have tried, much shorter press distance for the keys.

I have:
i7-4820K
48GB RAM 1600MHZ
SSD 450MB/s
GTX 780Ti
Mouse G402
Monitor ASUS 27" ROG SWIFT PG278Q - 144Hz
Windows 8.1

:satan:

In the latest community Q&A, the guy named fat jeff asked them about the assault and mentioned he works on it himself with the help of the couple other people. What devs said
-they're not working on it, there's no time for it
-some people want assault with vehicles, some without so it's in players best interest to make it the way they want
-their help with assault development will be limited to making sure it's possible to develop new game modes.

Also, the focus for them now is 'improving' the stuff that's already in the game, like spectating, post match stats and highlights and hitboxes.

Last edited:
In the latest community Q&A, the guy named fat jeff asked them about the assault and mentioned he works on it himself with the help of the couple other people. What devs said
-they're not working on it, there's no time for it
-some people want assault with vehicles, some without so it's in players best interest to make it the way they want
-their help with assault development will be limited to making sure it's possible to develop new game modes.

Also, the focus for them now is 'improving' the stuff that's already in the game, like spectating, post match stats and highlights and hitboxes.

This has been what they've said from the beginning and is nothing new. For over one year I have spoken with people in the UTA community, and so far I have been the only person willing to develop Assault for UT4. If we self-develop we have the opportunity to implement launching and create the game the way we want it (banning vehicles, yes?) and make shit work. This has been explained ad nauseam to the community here and no one has volunteered their services.

I can attest that it's not horribly difficult. Very easy if using C++, and possible to implement with Blueprints very easily. You folks have the option of stepping your game up and helping out to create something great, or you can continue to sit back and do nothing, but if you do we can guarantee nothing positive will happen.

i was asking that on the Q&A Thread, but i never said i am working on it, since i don't know how i can do that. Only said that we are discussing how assault should work.

But like they said on the stream, we can't expect anything regarding Assault from Epic side. And i doubt we have enough active coders here, willing to help smant making that work.

i feel like Prometheus. Playing CTF atm as well but it bores me more and more. Ut99 is dead, and ut4 won't bring us, what we want.

well nothing will come from this if there is not gonna be assault its meant to be played ppl wont bother to spent time creating it instead of the devs. I certainly dont have the skill and even if i had i cba to spent my spare time that way. And i can understand most folks wont do it either; after comming home from work u have better things to do

yeah and i agree with u Seba UT 99 is dead and capture the fag is getting increasingly boring