Minigun lockdown!?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

80/20? Highly doubtful. I have a 60 ping online and can't hit shit with minigun compared to sniper/shock.
And whats with everyone quoting percentages? Kinda bullshit

Psychotic said:
Squirrel (USA ping) has no problems in a minigun fight with you jwer? :rofl:
Tell me that was a joke....

Anyway the point of this is not to make minigun equal on every ping, that's just impossible. Minigun effectiveness depends on ping/skill in a 80%/20% rate.

WHY do you say STUPID things like that when you have FUCK all clue what it is like to play with 20 ping vs 80-100 pingers?

Here's a statistic for you psy, you amount of bullets that are FIRED AT YOU THAT ACTUALLY HIT YOU with your ping compared to the skill of the guy that fires it AT you is about 80%/20%

@ Bamse, i see ur point... i hate it when my hammerjump goes fux0r because of it but it goes fux0r just as often because a loose shrapnel hits me or pulse or any other weapon really... you need to change much more then just minni imo...

Last edited:
hate the lock
especially on ballistic,

you got a lead on the chasing defender, all you have to do is hop over the little entrance to get the gennie, and then you push jump, nothing happens as the frigging minigun locks you down and you are bait :(

hate it when that happens, lot more fun for the defender though.

now weve all played ut 4 many years now and the weapons and actions arising from those weapons are realistic and well balanced

Quit trying 2 fuk the game by tinkering with this and that

tackle the real problems of cheaters , bugs and botts

ffs next pple will be calling 4 modem players 2 be banned because sometimes they lagg an objective

heres a question 4 you y is it always pple from the higher divs that whinge and moan about weapons , books ect

if you dont like the game as it is go play another ,change isps with different routing , get a better connection or find a server that favours you

i love ut the way it is lockdown is an integral part of the game not a bug so leave as it is

ProPain said:
hate the lock
especially on ballistic,

you got a lead on the chasing defender, all you have to do is hop over the little entrance to get the gennie, and then you push jump, nothing happens as the frigging minigun locks you down and you are bait :(

hate it when that happens, lot more fun for the defender though.

yeah do you hate it as well when ur the defender? ;)

Ðeadßoy said:
now weve all played ut 4 many years now and the weapons and actions arising from those weapons are realistic and well balanced

Quit trying 2 fuk the game by tinkering with this and that

tackle the real problems of cheaters , bugs and botts

ffs next pple will be calling 4 modem players 2 be banned because sometimes they lagg an objective

heres a question 4 you y is it always pple from the higher divs that whinge and moan about weapons , books ect

if you dont like the game as it is go play another ,change isps with different routing , get a better connection or find a server that favours you

i love ut the way it is lockdown is an integral part of the game not a bug so leave as it is
:thumb:

btw, if ur dodge/walk movements are OK u'll notice that it won't happen anymore/that much.

Well jwer I have not played on ping 20 but I've specced lots of players on such pings and the ease to frag with minigun is just ridiculous.

You are stating that ping 160 vs ping 20, the guy on 160 has the advantage because he lags, that's SO bullshit....
Imagine it's true you can't hit him as easy as you are used to, but keep in mind he will have problems to hit as well...
Your ping advantage overcomes that factor by far.

Nah just keep the lockdown. Or else u should remove enforcer too cuz i can keep ppl on the ground with it too :O

n1 TIW works great in DM and sure it will in AS as well, so when are going to finish/release this 136?

Would like to see "nolockdown" in as well, it is really annoying not being able to move when someone is raping you with minigun and i must agreed with psy that its much easier to lock people with minigun when you got low ping.

all I see here is a few people loosing their minigun rape ability, tough luck.

The minigun lockdown, really takes the piss imho, fixing it would only help to make the games more enjoyable, I never knew it was on option, but since it is, I see no reason as to not change it.

The argument that it is an integral part of ut is bollox, we've refined and altered ut beyond its out of the box configuration already, to enhance the gameplay, this is just another step in that. Or do you want spawnprotection, etc removed too?

Hell, why not remove all the bug / cheat fixes and all play on 4.0? :bah:

with a good ping and good frames (almost everyone has decent frames by now i guess, but dont forget mentioning it because its important) you will just mow down your opponents unless you got a laggy connection of course.
but imo frames are more important than ping, i never used the minigun with my old pc and i was very surprised when i noticed you could get lots of monsterkills with it on overlord for example :D
for the connection 20-100 f6 ping should be good for minigunning, whats way more important is that your connection is stable, no lag like the german connections have :o

would be nice to lower the damage of the enforcer (to maybe 15) and enable tiw (or give em one enforcer instead of 2 adn enable tiw) ... either way it would prolly even out since you don't really "spwan" camp with mini ... i think alot of maps would be more fun with tiw (all riverbeds,bridge,overlord) and it's not like in dm where tiw increases spam ... we're talking as here

imo Keep it
if you change enforcer damage y not change rl , sniper, shock y dont we all change it and than BOOM everyone leaves cause it will be sucky
its fine the way it is so leave it alone..

TIW seems to be a good idea.

I totally agree with Ice. fps are more important than ping but i for one with an unstable ping f6>100 am shite with mini, I also agree with Psy.

Jan, maybe you dont hit people as easily as youd hit a bot offline, but players on a higher ping with f6>100 just have huge problems keeping their aim at a good offset to hit constantly.

A very important factor to how destrctive you mini will be is whether your hands are warm or cold. I dont like using the mini in winter months actually, unless im warmed up.

Basically i think the sniper rifle is the most destructive weapon in UT. only situation i have problems using it properly is on short range against a minigunner (What Des mentioned).

about nolockdown: does that remove that minigun knockback to other players completely? because keeping the ability to dodge and jump would mean that players never leave the ground. this way they cant be knocked back. If so that'd be shit because noone would be able to stop a launch on overlord/ballistic anymore, because the launchers arent knocked back.

If players still receive a realistic knockback Im for it to be introduced.

Tbh I haven't fully made my mind up on this issue - altho that's probably because I haven't had a chance to test tiw first-hand online. Altho judging by the faq; I think we should at least have tiw even if lockdown isn't removed. (And yes; TIW and noLockdown are two different things, for those who didn't realise - see faq below)

Well here's the faq stolen from cb...

Q: What is "Lockdown" and why have it removed from the game?
A: Lockdown is a feature (or bug) of UT which primarily affects the Minigun and Pulse Rifle. When a player's character in UT receives damage, for some reason the player's movement status is changed to Falling. When the movement status is at Falling the player is unable to Jump/Dodge at all or move very effectively. This is why you get the affect of being stuck to the ground when someone with good aim is firing at you with Pulse/Mini. This "lockdown" means that it becomes very difficult to get away from multiple Pulse/Mini using defenders, which has become more noticeable as connections/PCs/gfx cards have become better.

Q: What is Tickrate Independent Weapons (TIW) and why do we need it?

A: Tickrate Independent Weapons is included as part of the CB12 mutator by TNSE and fixes a netcode feature (bug) with Unreal Tournament where the damage done by the Minigun and Pulse Rifle changes as the Tickrate is changed. This mutator sets the damage done by these two weapons as constant no matter what the tickrate is, therefore meaning that changed the tickrate doesn't affect the weapons balance any more. However, the use of this mutator may mean you have to change a couple of your weapon binds (more on that later).

Q: What is CB12 and what do I do with it?

A: CB12 includes the Tickrate Independent Weapons (TIW) and Anti-Boost (AB) mods. This mod must be used for any matches where bNoLockdown is set to true as it also fixes a feature (bug) in the No Lockdown mod. CB12 is here and should be installed on all servers along with the latest UTPure version. //edit '//- This feature will be in LeagueAS136; there is no need for YOU to install these items, unless you wish to test them prior to 136' release.

Q: OMG,FFS,WTF? I'M PLAYING IN A CUP GAME AND MY MINI/PULSE BINDS DON'T WORK!!!111

A: That's because you didn't check out the readme in the TIW mod. The TIW mod changes some stuff which I don't quite understand, but the result of this is that you cannot use "getweapon minigun2" any more in your user.ini. To solve this change your binds for minigun and pulse to read "switchweapon 7" and "switchweapon 5" repeatedly. The Switchweapon commands are actually better than the Getweapon commands so you should also really change the rest of your getweapon binds to switchweapon.

Q: Yeah idiot, but now my weapon priorities are still messed up for my get best weapon bind.

A: An easy fix:

open user.ini

find : [Engine.PlayerPawn]
WeaponPriority[x]=minigun2

You need to insert TIW_Minigun2 somewhere right above this line, and you will end up with something like.

WeaponPriority[15]=TIW_Minigun2
WeaponPriority[16]=minigun2
WeaponPriority[17]=ShockRifle
WeaponPriority[18]=UT_FlakCannon
WeaponPriority[19]=UT_Eightball

This will work with all versions of CBxx/TIW.

Q: How do I check that nolockdown and CB12 are active on the server? (Pure / CB12 required for this - '//)

A: The first thing you should realise is that nolockdown is a pure setting and CB12 is a mutator. This means that CB12 must be activated every time the map is changed/restarted. To do this any server admins using the admin tool should have the CB12 files in their UT/system directory and include them as mutators. To help make sure you have "always use these mutators" ticked in the Admin tool. Just remember that CB12 will not be activated unless the map is restarted with it running, to check this type mutate showfb. This should return a value of 1.0000 if CB12 is active, if it doesn't then restart the map with CB12 running!

Last edited: