MapVoteLA13 released

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I say OT!!! SarahA i think ur question is not related to MapVoteLA13 !!! The netspeed u are asking for is a CLIENT setting, meaning it will not affect at all the SERVER ur running !!!

ConfiguredInternetSpeed= byte value, set to whatever u like between 6000 and 20000. Common values are 2600 for old 56K phone modem, 5000 for cable, 10000 for ADSL, 20000 for good ADSL.
Note this value will be capped anyways by "MaxClientRate=" value of the server u will connect to as is explained here and here in last section about "Performance"

ConfiguredLanSpeed= only affects ur client netspeed for LAN games!

I recommend u read stuff and/or start a new thread "noob server admin help" before posting such out of topic questions in this topic!
Here is a great FAQ explaining many server related for starters -> UT Server Admin FAQ
If u are really bored and got much time to invest in this, here another great source of info about netspeeds and tickrates in depth -> TNSE netspeed & tickrates article

By the way, here is a site where u will find more admin related Tutorials
Finally, I suggest u post ur server questions here

Last edited:
geez

Well geez! Sorry to haveput you out in asking something else bout ut. Other than bout mapvotela .
I'm new this all and learning. I mean come on, didn't you also learn from somewhere to ? Whats harm in asking for help ? Ut is ut is it not ?

Popioul said:
I say OT!!! SarahA i think ur question is not related to MapVoteLA13 !!! The netspeed u are asking for is a CLIENT setting, meaning it will not affect at all the SERVER ur running !!!

ConfiguredInternetSpeed= byte value, set to whatever u like between 6000 and 20000. Common values are 2600 for old 56K phone modem, 5000 for cable, 10000 for ADSL, 20000 for good ADSL.
Note this value will be capped anyways by "MaxClientRate=" value of the server u will connect to as is explained here and here in last section about "Performance"

ConfiguredLanSpeed= only affects ur client netspeed for LAN games!

I recommend u read stuff and/or start a new thread "noob server admin help" before posting such out of topic questions in this topic!
Here is a great FAQ explaining many server related for starters -> UT Server Admin FAQ
If u are really bored and got much time to invest in this, here another great source of info about netspeeds and tickrates in depth -> TNSE netspeed & tickrates article

By the way, here is a site where u will find more admin related Tutorials
Finally, I suggest u post ur server questions here

those links

Sorry, bu tthose were not helpful links to me. Doesn't matter now anyways. I have my server totally up.Everything works, however, good majority of my maps are not working.Don't get me wrong, I know for FACT the maps work, I took the whole weekend checking them and all their textures etc per map individually.The problem is this : The maps will go to laod, you'll see the blue screen come up saying it is "loading" , however server then crashes back to its default map wich is coret a not so pretty map, and one I have so grown to hate after going through the steps of trying to figure out the problem.All mutators work, everything.I just feel its some little something I am overlooking.If so kind, could you tell me what it may possibly be, or could someone ? Oh and I am running mapvotela13 which works perfectly.I couldn't get la 13 to work :( . But that doesnt matter.Just would like to figure out the prob with my maps not loading so they can be played. :( I gave my whole weekend to this. sigh
Popioul said:
I gave u usefull links on info.

Reactions: Hardcore
If your server crashes you have to check the logfile of the crash, the reason for the crash will be logged in there. And like Popioul already said if you have general ut server setup problems please use the Unrealadmin forums, they are made for stuff like this and you will get help there. This thread is for MapVote related questions only!

Last edited:
Well I apologize and thanks for info, but some reason they have me banned from there . Never been there before either . Time frain to unban me says NEVER :( So any other forums ? When i say im new at this all I really mean it.Just started playing ut 99 .Friend of mine at school got me hooked on the game.Then the third 5th grade wing got in on the game and i said i would get the server so i did. Im in 5th grade myself and learning. I so do apologize for the inconviences.

Sarah

Cratos said:
If your server crashes you have to check the logfile of the crash, the reason for the crash will be logged in there. And like Popioul already said if you have general ut server setup problems please use the Unrealadmin forums, they are made for stuff like this and you will get help there. This thread is for MapVote related questions only!

MapVotela13 Won't let Me Have a Crosshair or let alone shoot!

Yes believe it or not I have a question and a problem with mapvote la13 . So, I hope i Get a answer :D I reinstalled my whole server its all fresh.I added la 13 first.it woked no problem. I then added my second mutator - pure 7g . I restarted server and then readded mutators zp and mapvote .I went into server, and then I noticed I had NO crosshair, I couldnt even shoot. NOW when I first tried it with it being JUST instagib, la13 worked perfect. Any idea what the problem could be ? I'm somwhat confuzzled. I tried la 12 and it didn't give me this problem.

Any ideas suggestions would be VERY welcomed :D

Just Sarah :)

SarahA said:
MapVotela13 Won't let Me Have a Crosshair or let alone shoot!
Yes believe it or not I have a problem with mapvote la13.
No you don't.
You have a problem setting up UTPure/ZP.You just forgot to add the 'ZPPure7G' to the Serverpackages in the inifile.
MapvoteLA doesn't modify your gametypes, it just switches between them. Switch to your desired gametypes/mods without mapvote and check if they are working before you accuse the poor Mapvote ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: -=TaRgEt=-
Ummm well i think i do though

Heres how I have zppure set up in my ini with mapvote :And if u see youll see its in there and listed last in the server packages as the maker of zp says it needs to be cause it can cause "lag". But it isnt working.you even pick up a flag and the flags invisble litterally. SIGH

Sarah

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink
MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com
MasterServerPort=27900
MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com
MasterServerPort=27900
MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com
MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerActors=PureINTLog.INTLogger
ServerActors=PureStat7G.PureStat
ServerActors=UTPureRC7G.UTPureSA
ServerActors=PurePkgLog.PackageLogger
ServerPackages=UTPureRC7G
ServerPackages=PureStat7G
ServerPackages=MapVoteLA13
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=VAHandler7G
ServerPackages=BP1Handler7G
ServerPackages=BP4Handler7G
ServerPackages=ZPPure7G

Cratos said:
No you don't.
You have a problem setting up UTPure/ZP.You just forgot to add the 'ZPPure7G' to the Serverpackages in the inifile.
MapvoteLA doesn't modify your gametypes, it just switches between them. Switch to your desired gametypes/mods without mapvote and check if they are working before you accuse the poor Mapvote ;)

Oh, and I did check how u mentioned.And I took out mapvote things seemed to work.I put in la12 which i used before and it worked with it.So, in some uncanny way it has to be mapvote.ANd sadly I really want touse la13.:(I been working on tis an eternity already it seems.And by the way i also setup a private server here at home and put mapvote and pure on and i have same problem .Its to ironic.I added mapvote 1st, then pure and no other mutators and kablamies! No crosshair fire and flags are invisible. Bout ready to just throw in the towel!

Sarah

Please could you post your entire Server ini and MapVoteLA ini files (using the Upload button).

Feel free to remove any passwords etc from the server ini; it will help us to diagnose the problem easier if we have all the information to hand.

Ok and ty! Here the mapvote la 13 ini : ( and imnot sure bout the upload button didnt see one new to this forum and owning server thing i apologize for inconvience.)
Sarah

[MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote]
bAutoDetect=False
bDM=True
bLMS=True
bTDM=False
bDOM=False
bCTF=True
bAS=False
bSortWithPreFix=True
ASClass=Botpack.Assault
VoteTimeLimit=50
KickPercent=51
bUseMapList=False
ScoreBoardDelay=10
bAutoOpen=True
bKickVote=True
bShowWhoKicksWho=False
bCheckOtherGameTie=False
RepeatLimit=5
MapListIfNooneVoted=1
MapVoteHistoryType=MapVoteLA13.MapVoteHistory1
ServerInfoURL=
MapInfoURL=
MidGameVotePercent=51
Mode=Majority
MinMapCount=2
bRemoveCrashedMaps=False
bEntryWindows=False
bDebugMode=False
bEnableEmptyServerLevelSwitch=False
EmptyServerLevelSwitchTimeMins=15
MsgTimeOut=10
bLoadScreenShot=True
bReloadMapsOnRequestOnly=False
bFixCTFModifications=True
MapVoteTitle=Welcome To RedStars
LogoTexture=
List1Priority=1.000000
List2Priority=1.000000
List3Priority=1.000000
List4Priority=1.000000
List1Title=Capture The Flag
List2Title=Death Match
List3Title=Last Man Standing
List4Title=Bunny Tracks Soon
bList1ObeyRepeatLimit=True
bList2ObeyRepeatLimit=True
bList3ObeyRepeatLimit=True
bList4ObeyRepeatLimit=True
bUseExcludeFilter=True
CustomGameConfig[0]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Botpack.DeathMatchPlus",NewPrefix="iDM",Mutators="BotPack.InstaGibDM",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[1]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="",NewPrefix=""),Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[2]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="",NewPrefix="",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[3]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="",NewPrefix="",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[4]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="",NewPrefix="",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[5]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="",NewPrefix="",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[6]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="",NewPrefix="",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[7]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="",NewPrefix="",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[8]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="",NewPrefix="",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[9]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="",NewPrefix="",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[10]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="",NewPrefix="",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[11]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="",NewPrefix="",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[12]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="",NewPrefix="",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[13]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="",NewPrefix="",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[14]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="",NewPrefix="",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[15]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="",NewPrefix="",Mutators="",Settings="")
DefaultSettings=
List1Filter[0]=CTF-*
List1Filter[1]=
List1Filter[2]=
List1Filter[3]=
List1Filter[4]=
List1Filter[5]=
List1Filter[6]=
List1Filter[7]=
List1Filter[8]=
List1Filter[9]=
List1Filter[10]=
List1Filter[11]=
List1Filter[12]=
List1Filter[13]=
List1Filter[14]=
List1Filter[15]=
List1Filter[16]=
List1Filter[17]=
List1Filter[18]=
List1Filter[19]=
List1Filter[20]=
List1Filter[21]=
List1Filter[22]=
List1Filter[23]=
List1Filter[24]=
List1Filter[25]=
List1Filter[26]=
List1Filter[27]=
List1Filter[28]=
List1Filter[29]=
List1Filter[30]=
List1Filter[31]=
List1Filter[32]=
List1Filter[33]=
List1Filter[34]=
List1Filter[35]=
List1Filter[36]=
List1Filter[37]=
List1Filter[38]=
List1Filter[39]=
List1Filter[40]=
List1Filter[41]=
List1Filter[42]=
List1Filter[43]=
List1Filter[44]=
List1Filter[45]=
List1Filter[46]=
List1Filter[47]=
List2Filter[0]=DM-*
List2Filter[1]=iDM-*
List2Filter[2]=
List2Filter[3]=
List2Filter[4]=
List2Filter[5]=
List2Filter[6]=
List2Filter[7]=
List2Filter[8]=
List2Filter[9]=
List2Filter[10]=
List2Filter[11]=
List2Filter[12]=
List2Filter[13]=
List2Filter[14]=
List2Filter[15]=
List2Filter[16]=
List2Filter[17]=
List2Filter[18]=
List2Filter[19]=
List2Filter[20]=
List2Filter[21]=
List2Filter[22]=
List2Filter[23]=
List2Filter[24]=
List2Filter[25]=
List2Filter[26]=
List2Filter[27]=
List2Filter[28]=
List2Filter[29]=
List2Filter[30]=
List2Filter[31]=
List2Filter[32]=
List2Filter[33]=
List2Filter[34]=
List2Filter[35]=
List2Filter[36]=
List2Filter[37]=
List2Filter[38]=
List2Filter[39]=
List2Filter[40]=
List2Filter[41]=
List2Filter[42]=
List2Filter[43]=
List2Filter[44]=
List2Filter[45]=
List2Filter[46]=
List2Filter[47]=
List3Filter[0]=LMS-*
List3Filter[1]=
List3Filter[2]=
List3Filter[3]=
List3Filter[4]=
List3Filter[5]=
List3Filter[6]=
List3Filter[7]=
List3Filter[8]=
List3Filter[9]=
List3Filter[10]=
List3Filter[11]=
List3Filter[12]=
List3Filter[13]=
List3Filter[14]=
List3Filter[15]=
List3Filter[16]=
List3Filter[17]=
List3Filter[18]=
List3Filter[19]=
List3Filter[20]=
List3Filter[21]=
List3Filter[22]=
List3Filter[23]=
List3Filter[24]=
List3Filter[25]=
List3Filter[26]=
List3Filter[27]=
List3Filter[28]=
List3Filter[29]=
List3Filter[30]=
List3Filter[31]=
List3Filter[32]=
List3Filter[33]=
List3Filter[34]=
List3Filter[35]=
List3Filter[36]=
List3Filter[37]=
List3Filter[38]=
List3Filter[39]=
List3Filter[40]=
List3Filter[41]=
List3Filter[42]=
List3Filter[43]=
List3Filter[44]=
List3Filter[45]=
List3Filter[46]=
List3Filter[47]=
List4Filter[0]=BT-*
List4Filter[1]=
List4Filter[2]=
List4Filter[3]=
List4Filter[4]=
List4Filter[5]=
List4Filter[6]=
List4Filter[7]=
List4Filter[8]=
List4Filter[9]=
List4Filter[10]=
List4Filter[11]=
List4Filter[12]=
List4Filter[13]=
List4Filter[14]=
List4Filter[15]=
List4Filter[16]=
List4Filter[17]=
List4Filter[18]=
List4Filter[19]=
List4Filter[20]=
List4Filter[21]=
List4Filter[22]=
List4Filter[23]=
List4Filter[24]=
List4Filter[25]=
List4Filter[26]=
List4Filter[27]=
List4Filter[28]=
List4Filter[29]=
List4Filter[30]=
List4Filter[31]=
List4Filter[32]=
List4Filter[33]=
List4Filter[34]=
List4Filter[35]=
List4Filter[36]=
List4Filter[37]=
List4Filter[38]=
List4Filter[39]=
List4Filter[40]=
List4Filter[41]=
List4Filter[42]=
List4Filter[43]=
List4Filter[44]=
List4Filter[45]=
List4Filter[46]=
List4Filter[47]=
ExcludeFilter[0]=
ExcludeFilter[1]=
ExcludeFilter[2]=
ExcludeFilter[3]=
ExcludeFilter[4]=
ExcludeFilter[5]=
ExcludeFilter[6]=
ExcludeFilter[7]=
ExcludeFilter[8]=
ExcludeFilter[9]=
ExcludeFilter[10]=
ExcludeFilter[11]=
ExcludeFilter[12]=
ExcludeFilter[13]=
ExcludeFilter[14]=
ExcludeFilter[15]=
CrashedMaps[0]=
CrashedMaps[1]=
CrashedMaps[2]=
CrashedMaps[3]=
CrashedMaps[4]=
CrashedMaps[5]=
CrashedMaps[6]=
CrashedMaps[7]=
CrashedMaps[8]=
CrashedMaps[9]=
CrashedMaps[10]=
CrashedMaps[11]=
CrashedMaps[12]=
CrashedMaps[13]=
CrashedMaps[14]=
CrashedMaps[15]=
CrashedMaps[16]=
CrashedMaps[17]=
CrashedMaps[18]=
CrashedMaps[19]=
CrashedMaps[20]=
CrashedMaps[21]=
CrashedMaps[22]=
CrashedMaps[23]=
CrashedMaps[24]=
CrashedMaps[25]=
CrashedMaps[26]=
CrashedMaps[27]=
CrashedMaps[28]=
CrashedMaps[29]=
CrashedMaps[30]=
CrashedMaps[31]=
AccName[0]=
AccName[1]=
AccName[2]=
AccName[3]=
AccName[4]=
AccName[5]=
AccName[6]=
AccName[7]=
AccName[8]=
AccName[9]=
AccName[10]=
AccName[11]=
AccName[12]=
AccName[13]=
AccName[14]=
AccName[15]=
AccName[16]=
AccName[17]=
AccName[18]=
AccName[19]=
AccName[20]=
AccName[21]=
AccName[22]=
AccName[23]=
AccName[24]=
AccName[25]=
AccName[26]=
AccName[27]=
AccName[28]=
AccName[29]=
AccName[30]=
AccName[31]=
AccVotes[0]=0
AccVotes[1]=0
AccVotes[2]=0
AccVotes[3]=0
AccVotes[4]=0
AccVotes[5]=0
AccVotes[6]=0
AccVotes[7]=0
AccVotes[8]=0
AccVotes[9]=0
AccVotes[10]=0
AccVotes[11]=0
AccVotes[12]=0
AccVotes[13]=0
AccVotes[14]=0
AccVotes[15]=0
AccVotes[16]=0
AccVotes[17]=0
AccVotes[18]=0
AccVotes[19]=0
AccVotes[20]=0
AccVotes[21]=0
AccVotes[22]=0
AccVotes[23]=0
AccVotes[24]=0
AccVotes[25]=0
AccVotes[26]=0
AccVotes[27]=0
AccVotes[28]=0
AccVotes[29]=0
AccVotes[30]=0
AccVotes[31]=0
TmpNextVirtualPrefix=CTF
TmpNextRealPrefix=CTF
bUseMsgTimeout=False

Hey it wouldnt let me post my unreal tournament ini.So I upped at this link : Here is my Unreal Tournament ini and btw, Id be willing to give access if needed if you wanted to see if this can be resolved :D It wouldnt let me post my ut ini here so I upped here at this link : http://www.freewebs.com/oswal/utini.html Now you want I can give ya access to see if it can be resolved, I wouldnt have a prob at all with you having access. :D

Sarah

Ok, I previously wrote bout the problems I have been having.I finally after a weeks time got in touch with provider i have server with he said these are the only errors he saw and this he didnt know if they are the culprit in the crosshair not showing etc :
Any idea ?

'BP1Handler7G' requires module 'multimesh' to load properly
'BP1Handler7G' requires module 'EpicCustomModels' to load properly
'BP1Handler7G' requires module 'TCowMeshSkins' to load properly
'BP1Handler7G' requires module 'TNaliMeshSkins' to load properly
'BP1Handler7G' requires module 'TSkMSkins' to load properly
'BP4Handler7G' requires module 'SkeletalChars' to load properly

Those files wont make a difference and your provider should have known that really :P

wheres the botpack package? try adding serverpackages=Botpack and see what happens :D

Last edited:
My provider doesnt even know what a mutator is! He is only in for money way it seems.

No Luck :(

Added the Botpack as u sggested, and still no luck. Thanks though. I'm annoyed with this. :(

MeetYourMaker said:
Those files wont make a difference and your provider should have known that really :P

wheres the botpack package? try adding serverpackages=Botpack and see what happens :D

I don't see an error in those ini's, feel free to contact me in icq/msn, seems a short step into the server is needed ;)

Cratos, hey and ty sooooooo much! I added you to msn.mines [email protected] . Two underscores. I really appreciate this.Cant tell you how many times I have had see the default map coret and how I have come to now hate that map lol. Hope to speak with you soon.

Sarah

Cratos, just wanted to say thanks again publicly.I don't know what the problem was not letting things work properly everytime I tried it.However, in no time flat, you got it all working.I can't ty enough.The players that use the server and who haven't been able to I know will be so very thankful as well.On behalf of the 5th grade class thank you again.

Off to Fragging ! :D

Sarah

Reactions: -=TaRgEt=-