League Match Commentry would be cool huh?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Re: League Match Commentry would be cool huh?

lol, what a strange dude.
from the mp3 i mean;)

[12:46am] Ace: need details like how lagge dit is
[12:46am] Ace: if it's 10-15 secs that's enuf
[12:46am] [-GR-]DjNeMeSiS : nah
[12:46am] [-GR-]DjNeMeSiS : it's more than that
[12:46am] [-GR-]DjNeMeSiS : more like 25 seconds
[12:46am] [-GR-]DjNeMeSiS : and tell them the broadcast was on 56kbps
[12:46am] Ace: could we use ur server and the channel ,
[12:46am] [-GR-]DjNeMeSiS : I normally broadcast at 32kbps
[12:46am] [-GR-]DjNeMeSiS : yes
[12:47am] [-GR-]DjNeMeSiS : I can provide all the necessary @#%$
[12:47am] [-GR-]DjNeMeSiS : As long as everyone is visiting #gamingriot

25 is easily enough

so how does this work ?

someone spactates and "talks" with that guys server, and that server does the broadcasting ?

Basiclaly the broadcaster is a spec and is connected to a server using a password this server then sends the sound to every1s winamp while they listen, to get the ip u go to their irc channel #gamingriot they sometimes have 2-3 matches being broadcasted at once. meanwhile u can discuss the game in the irc channel which the broadcaster also sometimes reads for feedback.Dj Nem has agreed to let us use their servers on condition that we also use their channel. Also the broadcaster will play music and u can hear the ut sounds as u heard from the mp3.

"nice, but what are you going to comment on without giving away vital position information or similar stuff ?
I mean, that's why spectators aren't allowed anymore.´"

ohh but ffs :( that entire discussion is crap - just for a day take a vacation from UT into q3 land, log into some irc servers, relax, "ohhhh qtv u say?? ahh broadcasting this clan vs that other clan?? ohh ip? thx"

now that way you can whatch the best clans/players in q3, freely and live (almost i think) its really gr8 and i wish that opportunity was available here, think it would attract a lot of new players as well, the ones who are now scared away after playing online a few times cause the maps end so fast.

what im wondering is WHAT exaktly we assault players have to hide, that people who are playing for big $$$ arent?

after all if any1 could show me 1 single trick, that they have known and used for more then 2 game, that isnt now publically known, id be surprised.

ffs its not like there is any cash involved here, all u play for is glory, and to say no to this (really its that qtv thing i want) just so u can keep a trick secret for 1 more game - is plain right ridiculous

oh to clarify that wasnt aimed @ any1 in particular even tho i did quote finsternis, its just this whole no-spectator discussion thats getting on my nerves

I agree with u mez :)

Crusader

mezz, you all bring it up again ;)

it's all about the gametype, and if the lag is like in this case it doesnt matter anyway :)

What do you suggested Mezz ?
a)release demos like on www.neorox.co.uk/Demos_matches.html

b)allow 2 specs per match which are randomly chosen from a list of ppl who want to spec the match.

c)Code some sort of Qtv.

Well we already upload some demos, but we often forget to record or some of the demos just mess up(maybe something to do with cshp or eavy). And not many demos at all have been sent to us from other matches, we have uploaded all the ones we received

As for the qtv thing, well it doesn't exist for UT afaik, but if u find it it's mroe than likly that the league will do it's best to try and use it.

Meanwhile I think this is the closest we can get by having a spec going in and recording a demo and broadcasting what he sees then uploading demos after the match if the demos don't crash.

all good ideas ace :)

ill try and investigate that qtv thing, but u are prolly right, there is none for UT atm (wierd tho, wonder why) :(

this radiothing will be good (brush up my english a bit, hehe)

afaik the german TDM scene (which is the strongest in europe :p ) tried to come up with something like qtv, but it didnt work out :(

All sounds good to me, 2 ppl on the server, 1 commentating, 1 demorecing who the writes up a match report demos and shots included :)

any idea why it didnt work out fin?

no, as i mentioned, i heard about it some month ago, but nothing came after that

so i suppose its dead

Woooohooooo This is sounding class :)

Very VERY Cool :)

I would really love to take part too... But as you probably all know I cannot :(

But the oppertunity for me to keep up with matches sounds great :)

Hope you guys start to put some of this into action :)

BTW My UT crashes every time I try to load any demo or record one... ??? Anyone got any ideas or should I reinstall ?

Tim

Ok I just realised sommet... If people broadcast at higher quality us deprived 56kers will be unable to listen... And I dunno if you all agree but that CTF commentary is perfectly good quality and that is at 32kb init ?

Also I am probably being thick but where is this gamingriot channel ??

Tim

the one i heard was 56kbit and it was too much for my isdn line, buffering all 10 secs :(

that was in higher quality for, but the lower quality he usually broadcasts in is good enuf and to get to this channel in mirc type /server irc.enterthegame.com
then /join #gamingriot
or get my script from www.neorox.co.uk/ace/essence33.zip unzip to any dir without spaces, click the essence.exe

I would say no

If it was introduced at least let clans say they are NOT interested in it, and if only ONE clan do not want it, it is a no go.

Sure it sounds fun, but I aint see any reason for it. Else just bring specs in general back to the servers, oh wait they were removed for server load right.

Well if it was server load, how are these 2 specs fitting in?

If it aint server load, then why not have 2 specs from the clans for fast reserves?

Idea is good, but could be put to better usage, and #1 has allready trouble keeping up with 12 players 14 wont make it easier.