League Match Commentry would be cool huh?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

N

Neo ION

Well they do it over @ etg #gamingriot :)
Maybe we could do the same over here? one of the commentators was interested in doing sum assault matches :)

here is a url to a mp3 recording i did last night... its 21.7Mb so all ya little bandwidth users will have to wait a while .. Muwhaha ;)

www.neorox.co.uk/files/ma...mentry.mp3

(ps. uploading now (time: 14:12 gmt) may not be there for 10mins or so)

Re: League Match Commentry would be cool huh?

it'd be good, yes.

i fell asleep last night listening to some ctf-face match
with my headphones on.

but 1 ISDN channel is not enough to hear it without stops :(

Hmm, quite good :)

I say, if it can be done, let it be done, those that dont want to hear it, dont have to dl it :)

Crusader

Well I was listening to it last night too, I think it would probably work better for assault than CTF too, cos CTF is so much slower.

Quite amusing, but we would need some1 with the bandwidth to host a streaming mp3 commentary and who'd be prepared to do the commentary and whose english is good and clear (for all those whose English isnt their first language).

If we can find some1 who meets those criterea good idea :)

Thanx

Phear

I would volunteer, only my spoken english is crap and utterly incomprehensible even to ppl who have it as their 1rst language :lol:

well i'd definitely be willing, but as im on 56k i guess thats sorted that one :(

i could but would my location be a problem?

ill be a comentator
i think the ctf is well funny:)

super gr8 idea :)

one more step towards something id love to see - something like the qtv they use in quake3 so any1 can log in and watch the games.

28.8 modem 16kbps
33.6 modem 24kbps
56k modem 32kbps
64k (single-channel) ISDN 56kbps
128k (dual-channel) ISDN 96kbps
Cable Modem 128kbps
256k DSL 128kbps
T1, T3, +++ 256kbps

The higher the speed you can broadcast, the higher the quality of the audio your listeners will
experience. Typically, a mono 16kbps broadcast is similar to AM radio, 56kbps like FM stereo,
and 128kbps is usually labeled CD quality.

hmm, 56.6 should be fine, just put your own music underneath and light up... nice :)

nice, but what are you going to comment on without giving away vital position information or similar stuff ?

I mean, that's why spectators aren't allowed anymore.

Shoutcast lags pretty bad because of the encoding etc and especially if we are gonna use a usa server, it lags like 10 secs or something, maybe more anyway i'll try and find out more tonight, I know the guy in this mp3 I made the ip? script for him and the topic setting thing.