Introducing: demand clans to sign in their members to prevent mercing?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

what about people like me and my brother (Tsunami) then.
we have the same ip, and are 2 different players.
is this something which can be handled?

Although it won't stop mercing, it would still be an improvement for the league if I could see which player plays for which clan. It is just for fun, but some people switch clan so quick. (like angel from kgb :))

Phear (and the others), we all know that we have to do something against mercing. But in your situation it's not important enough at this moment, because of your time and stuff. But are you the only one who can do something about it? Are we so stupid that only Phear can do it? :P
I see it this way, it's our problem so we have to do something about it together. Aren't there more guys than Phear who could finish the job that Phear started?

Phear (and the others), we all know that we have to do something against mercing

dont u read the posts wit? only one person really agrees with you:rolleyes:

better implement some "if u wanna use mercs guidelines." I agree mercs should be used from the same or lower divisions.

Nobody can tell you what to do when playing online as simple as that. but if you want to play in a league, indeed tehre are RULES to follow if you want to play
yep, but after all this time there is still no rule about mercing :P

who the fuck would want towie to merc for them anyway?

errrm, ION? :D
nah, I want the other teams to use mercs rather then forfeit or play a lame 4-6 or 5-6 match, thats all :P

Only one person agrees with me, you think? It's evident many people think the same way as me, but I think that not every assaulter on this planet looks at this forum every minute :P

And on this forum, there are more who agree with me.
I think Hardcore does:
that's all, nothing to do against it
Lupus and with 'em everyone of Sixth does:
((si><th)) has been against mercs and multi-clanners since we joined the UTAS.net League.
Vince_Black does:
it really should be abanded (or something)
Ninja and Ion does also, but they dont care cause they win everything :P

So on your picture you dont have glasses, mayB it would be o good idea to buy them? :)

Whats the point in having any guidelines/rules for mercing if there is no way to inforce them, it like saying you cant steal or shoot someone and then not having any police/courts.

As for someone to help work on such a system, within the AS community I don't beleive there is anyone else with the uscript knowledge (Eavy and SteelHORN were the only 2 I knew and they have now left AS), it also requires a server to log all the data sent from UT (that will run on linux preferably).

So on your picture you dont have glasses, mayB it would be o good idea to buy them?
I do, look to the left :cool:
within the AS community I don't beleive there is anyone else with the uscript knowledge
U don´t have Phear? And what is that with LeagueAS Mod? Isn´t that UScript?? Or is it a haxored Eavy Mutator??? :rolleyes:

Are you paying me to play for a clan ?

i think not

so untill someone does ill play for who i please if i want to.

i dont think mercs are a bad thing anyway

ok if your playing against 5-6 mercs then what the fuck is the team doing ffs

but 1 or 2 to make up a team isnt a bad thing ffs
i play to play and if its a better game for haveing a merc then great.

if its a whole team of mercs then you ned to ask questions about the clan tbh

but noone is gonna force me into doing what they want and not what i want.

Opti

Can't you read Prophet, I said "anyone else", as in anyone except me, since as I already said I don't have a lot of time these days.

There has to be someone...
Ace for example. I saw him do things with his user.ini that are not normal :)
Is the Uscript so difficult? Or aren't there any assaulters that are programmers in real life?

Come on ION, dont let us down :P

LET YOU DOWN ????????????FS

i dont want you to stop mercs

and how fucking dare you be so arogant as to try and take away peoples choice fs

@ Phear: As things are now mercs are allowed and u can use any merc u want, recommendations that mercs should be used only from the same division or lower divisions and only used if a full team could not be gathered would prolly lead to mercs are used in that way. We could ie call ION (just remember that incident, could be any other clan except for BO since we are the good guys;)) lamers for using a merc beacuse one of their members didnt have RW installed. IMO recommendations will very likely lead to an increased compliance to them. There is no use enforcing rules which cant be enforced as u metioned earlier but guidelines are different and it might make things better:)

Guidelines differ from rules in the way, they are more a consensus among a community which u are supposed to uphold by your consious to be an accepted memeber of the community!

as for my eyes is see fine and re: ur quotes wit
that's all, nothing to do against it
if hardcore thought this was bad it prolly would have ended with a :( or similar...

an u prolly should take a class in grammar or where else u learn about quotations :P since what Vince say is
i (and i believe all other fellow-monkies) am against clans who use div1 or div2 mercs in the div3 clanmatches..... it really should be abanded (or something)

but when a clan cant get enough members for an important match, i think it should be able for that clan to get someone else to play as merc, ...

put in dots to show u quote only a part of your meaning :D

@ Optical: Come on, come on. Be mature and don't get angry, this is just a discussion, and discussions are there to be hold. You can read here that there are more people who want to stop mercing as the people who want to keep or even improve mercing. It's as simple as that. I want to compare it with a simple thing in real life. Ofcourse there are people on this planet that would like to rob a bank, but there are more people that dont want the other to do it, so that's why there's something like police. On every rule there are people who agree and people who disagree, that's just life. And you know that, cause what I'm saying is probably very childish. But this is a discussion, so try to let me and the others think that mercing is good.

@ Towanda: maybe we should take a path between stopping and allowing mercing. Cause, reading evrything you say, it's evident that you truly mean everything and that you know that we have to listen to the pro-mercing ones.

@ Phear and the others: What do u think about a rule for mercing. If we say that the merc has to be of the same division, how to know it for sure. If I would ask Ace, and tell him that he has to play with the nickname of anyone in division 4, no-one will know. It's just a personal part, just like your own choice to use drugs or not. It has to do with your own concience and personality. And we can't change persons, only rulez.

Shine your light about!

Clans just have to be honest to eachother.

If you use any mercs, tell the other clan who they are and if the other clan doesn't agree. (In case of higher div mercs). You should not let them play...

mercwhores and clanhustlers

it's been a rare few times when clans have replaced their own playable members with mercs. BUT when a clan needs to fill their team with a merc or more, it's only natural for them to get a player who is as good as possible, they won't go for a player who suck as much as themself :D

another point of view: if you by any chance aim to play in the first division, against all teams there, you have to be ready to face any opposition - so playing against "better mercs" is probably the best thing that can happen to you :D

and if you don't aim to be able to beat any other team, and imagine yourself to be playing for fun - then why care? I'm very fun to play against :D

But do u think that it's fun when you play against a clan, and it's an equal match, with a lot of exciting moments and everyone is trying hard, that it's only better if the other clan calls a few very good players, and that they dominate you and that you due to this incident lose the match with 8-0. There's no fun at all about that, it ruins whole the fun about this beautiful game...

Originally posted by Optical

and how fucking dare you be so arogant as to try and take away peoples choice fs

So being against mercing is arrogance... oh gr8.

Plz dont take away our choices..

Let us do flagshots on Overlord...
Let us do doorblocks on Rook and Hispeed and Mazon...
Let us spawncamp the others teams asses off without spawnprotection...
Let us lagslide across the whole map...
Let us use aimbots every single match...

But being such a big fan of having as much choices as possible, maybe you already do all of these things, Opti... :P