Introducing: demand clans to sign in their members to prevent mercing?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

there is a possibility to identify a player

in Mirc you can "whois" nicks and it shows the next server which the user (with the nick u chose) is connected to (i dunno if that is right but it shows some server adress or so :rolleyes: )

anyway Messi can identify me everytime i join
whatever my nick is

that wont work for brothers at one PC but it is ok
also works when my firewall is turned on

here: "whois"ed myself:

Taki is [email protected] * Taki
Taki is connecting from *@pD9045CA6.dip.t-dialin.net
Taki is a registered nick
Taki on #mp3 %#aak
Taki using main.freechat-network.de Freechat-Network.de Main Server
Taki has been idle 9secs, signed on Sat Aug 18 19:25:10
Taki End of /WHOIS list.
---------------------------------------------------

now with another nick:

Merc is [email protected] * Taki
Merc is connecting from *@pD9045CA6.dip.t-dialin.net
Merc on #aak
Merc using main.freechat-network.de Freechat-Network.de Main Server
Merc has been idle 1min 36secs, signed on Sat Aug 18 19:25:10
Merc End of /WHOIS list.
---------------------------------------------------

only difference: the nick Merc isnt registered on the server
but "[email protected]" is the same

won't that work in any way?

let users join such a chanel (only allowed players which can be checked like i described above)
then give out the passes?

[edit]WHOOPS don't mail to this adress plz :lol: [/edit]

Mercing is a pain in the Arse. Why dont clans have the balls to play 6v3/4 we have done and lost and sometimes even won. But if you arent as organised as your opposition or dont have enough players why should the opposition face a player who is maybe a lot better than your own team member? The fact is half of being a decent clan is having enough players for a match. -BoD- has had anything between 4 and 14 players only twice have mercs been used. The first time was when we played EoS on server two and the second when FVB played for us, he was actually still in process of joining so i class him as a merc.

Clans should learn to live with the fact, if they cant raise enough players from their OWN team they play low or forfeit. Look at CnE they never used mercs and played with the players they could muster and yeah sure they lost most games but THEY did it, they didnt 'steal wins' by using other players. They could have flooded the team with mercs and won a few and stayed about, whats the point it wouldnt be CnE doing it, its the mercs. CnE EARNT A LOT of respect from peeps asateam and as individual players for not mercing. Clans that regularly merc are looked on with, not suspicion but intrepidation. You enter a game thinking we are playing clan X but who are we really playing? ION AI BOT? who?

An anti mercing rule would level the field and ensure clans are playing likely skilled clans as much as is possible that means no first div players ruining div 4 games and the such like. And if leveling the field and trying to ensure fairness ruins people like Optis game, then if the majority want it, then I think thats how it should go.

I demand that each clan allways include guardia in their map list when playing league matchs.

Bowdown
ISPAM

exactly texastom

that is what AAK had to do too :(

we played AI and NRG with 3 players most of the time
another clan too - dunno which one :rolleyes: u can imagine that with 3 players there is no way to a victory against these clans (even with 6 players.... but that is another topic)

anyway GODs phrase "AAK has never used a merc and will never use one" (or sth. like that :cool: ) is still correct

we lost wars - we lost fun - we lost members - we lost many things
but we are sportsmen (i hope i can say that :) )

any comments to my way of identifying players?