Infractions System

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
and peopel that donate these forums very few that do, if they speak there mind and sum1 gets offended they get reported and eventually it all adds up????pathetic chill the fuck down

idd chill morph ... 25 points won't give you a ban so it's kind of warning which will expire in some amount of time. The you might get another warning and partly punish. Another warning will make it longer and 4th = temporary ban.

In past admin A gave Mr.X a warning but none other knew about it so eventually offender got nothing for it. Now we got it all in history and every mod and admin can see it. Nothing really has changed except now it's nicely organized.

If you feel offended you report the post. If you fell you received points for nothing you talk to admin.

Really can't see what's your problem.

Infraction system is integral part of this forum software. Nobody installed it just because he felt like that. It's here and nothing will change it.

EDIT:

FYI first time it was used by me at 17:14, 5th Nov 2006 so as you see .... it's nothing new.

Last edited:
Ok nice and dandy petty flames are watched what about the anti cheat actions that were gonna be taken? When will we hear more about that?;)

I think most people who don't like it are a bit pissed off that they'll have to endure slaps on the wrist from admins, people who are prolly real life peers or younger than them or whatever. I've got nothing against any UTA admin and I've said before they do a great job I'd never want or be able to do; but I don't want to get told to tone down my language or something by someone who's never met me irl.

I can police myself and acknowledge when I'm out of line, and I think pretty much everyone else here would feel the same. No-one wants to be treated like a little kid just because some admin didn't appreciate the tone of a post they made.

nice and handy feature. :nod:
Atleast a real chance to get rid of the huge amount of flames that appeared especially during the last months.

Maybe some flames will be avoided by this system and some flamers start thinking before they bitch around :p:

PS: tone down your language useless! :rolleyes:

Can someone pls confirm me, that the 200 points for a permanent ban is the total amount of points given in any period of time and not the points that u have at that time? coz u get ur first ban after 100 points and the ban expires when the infraction points expire. so in that theory u can never get 200 points.

If this is true then i seriously have a grudge against this system. Especially when the infraction points get spread out this easily.

do u understand the question? :lol:

Your question doesnt make that much sense and even though Ive explained this at least twice to you on IRC ill try again ( disclaimer: some of the details may be slightly incorrect)

There are preset infraction levels ranging from 10 to 200 points.
This incorporates on one side of the scale minor slap on the wrist things like signature voliations to the other side which includes racist comments.
Each of these preset point levels has a different expiry period ranging from 2 weeks to 6 months. You accumulate points and they will be removed after they expired, so you have a rolling total, your present punishment is based on whatever the current points total is.
That basically covers what points you can get and how long they last.
Punishment wise you receive a lockdown at 50 points and I believe a ban at 200. Lockdown basically reduces the amount you can interact with the forums, ie not able to view attachments, make pm's etc, This is not a reason to start threads about No Lockdown please :rolleyes:
If you make 30 threads being rude about one person then you would get 1 infraction for being rude and 1 for repeating threads, not 30 infractions, although if you are obviously looking for punishment then it may be increased.

The system is purely there as a way to give a history to an admin group, as brajan said previously there was no way for an admin to know if someone had been punished for something previously which meant they could repeatedly get away with the same thing, now admins can see if they do things like repeatedly make stupid signatures, reipen closed threads or use racist remarks and decide if any subsequent punishment should be increased. In principle its much like points on a driving licence where you gain differnt points depending on what youve done (speeding 3 points, dangerous driving 6 etc) and they each have a different expiry period, however if you reach 12 points before enough ahve expired you get a ban until your points drop back below 12, etc.

If you dont agree with any points you have been given then you just appeal it, then it gets discussed in admin forums by the relevent ppl and the appeal rejected or the points reversed.

Obviously this problem would be solved immediately if we just gave this BReeNReeN fellow 60,000,000 infraction points.

Amirite?

SO I CANT FUCKING FLAME ANYMORE?! YOU SHITTY DAMN ADMINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Hands up all in favour of Phil aka Phear to return and be admin again?? fuck me atleas twe cud swear, argue, flame a lil give eachother shit. actually have interesting threads coz right now utas is proper shit. just my opinion

5 or 6 years ago ppl were 15-16 on avg, they were expected to act like kids, move on a few years and people really should have changed the way they act. They may have had a go at each other in the past but it was generally seen to just be arguments between people that would die down, yes a few people were banned but im sure you forget about that, arguments now can be a lot more vindictive and as people involved are older and been around for logner they try to push things further.

As an example Morph you are mod for IAC forums yet you do nothing about the bickering going on between say eng and swe, maybe if you had stepped in that wouldnt have got so out of hand, you dont have to punish if u dont want just have a word, IMO you have no right to criticise others when you do absolutely nothing yourself.

hands up all those that think they have a right to behave how they want because this internet and they have been a member of UTA for a few years

Flaming is one thing but calling people racist names is another. I can see why you would step in if someone was being racist - warn or ban, I don't care - but if it's just flames and arguments between certain people then surely the worst they could expect is a closed thread? Why should someone get banned or even punished for swearing 'too much'? The admins aren't here to dictate how people's personalities should turn out ffs. If someone wants to call someone else a dickhead or whatever, why shouldn't they be allowed to? What's the worst thing a pointless flame thread can do? It's not going to shut UTA down is it?

That was too many question marks fs but I just don't understand how the UTA admins can tell the forum users how to behave if they're not abusing the forum itself.

The forum isnt just for a few people, there are a wide selection of people on here and not all of them enjoy reading mindless drivel in pretty much every thread which will happen as soon as someone say its ok to flame. For example its one thing to have a flame thread in somewhere useless like chit chat and another to have it in the middle of a thread like eng/swe where it is actually supposed to be discussing something.

The infraction points dont really do much other than allow admins to see if the same people repeatedly cause the same problems, it also allows someone to accumulate a level of punishment that effectively removes them from causing any more problems but still allows them access to forums.

If all you do for someone is tell them off or delete their thread/post then what is to stop them remaking the thread, some people will just say delete the next thread they make and so on, well that way you are giving more work to admins purely because some people cant control how they act.

The forum isnt just for a few people, there are a wide selection of people on here and not all of them enjoy reading mindless drivel in pretty much every thread which will happen as soon as someone say its ok to flame. For example its one thing to have a flame thread in somewhere useless like chit chat and another to have it in the middle of a thread like eng/swe where it is actually supposed to be discussing something.

The infraction points dont really do much other than allow admins to see if the same people repeatedly cause the same problems, it also allows someone to accumulate a level of punishment that effectively removes them from causing any more problems but still allows them access to forums.

If all you do for someone is tell them off or delete their thread/post then what is to stop them remaking the thread, some people will just say delete the next thread they make and so on, well that way you are giving more work to admins purely because some people cant control how they act.

Yeah, I see the point. I thought that closing pointless flame threads in places like the IAC forum would be enough of a warning, but it never occurred to me that people would just open another one :rolleyes:

But what happens if, every time someone receives infraction points, they make a post about how pissed off they are and how unfair it is? Sooner or later people will start thinking this place is too heavy or whatever and just quit because they've had enough. Can such a small community afford this? I know you'll say that that's up to how people behave but that's only part of the truth - it's also up to how the admins deal with behaviour. Too heavy-handed and people leave / too light and people take advantage. So the admins who came up with this better know exactly what they're doing.

Another thing - are the admins themselves exempt from receiving infraction points? Can I PM an admin if I don't like another admin's post and take offence? This sounds a bit facetious but it's an important point.

Whats the proper way to complain about points you got? repeatedly make a thread and say: these admins are all n00bs, they can go screw themselves, fuck them all or to PM either the admin in question or another one and ask why exactly you got points.

There are people that have complained about the points they have received and then had them reversed after making a private apology or explaining their situation depending on what the points were originally awarded for. Not all the admins act the same way toward things which is understandable but this system benefits users as well in this case, the infractions awarded are logged for all admins to see, they can make comment on an infraction if they believe if was unfair by another admin, the original post the infraction was awarded for is logged too.

Mods cant get infraction points from each other, Admins I would expect to be able to give out points to mods but not each other, mods are accountable to the forum admins and ultimately Martz I guess. If you report posts and they believe that is out of order then we lose our status as mod and are awarded infractions as well.

Last edited:
Oh yeh and another thing, dont pm another admin about an admin, its probably the least efficient way. You are probably better off to report the post you dont like instead as its automatically logged with all mods/admins as being reported then so we all see it.

report post button is the little ! under the users profile/avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.