Infractions System

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRaiNRaiN

Crusading against smileyspammers!
Jun 8, 2001
Ok a serious post.

I really wonder what the use of this infraction system is when ur not giving the exact "manual" to it.

The system can also be configured to institute automatic bans based on points or number of infractions received.

If this is what u want, then u should set a grade of each delict/offence there is.

ie. Racism is obviously the maximum amount of infraction points. but what is flaming.
When the max is 2000 infraction points until ban. Then how many is reopening a new thread? 50? 100? 250?

etc. etc.

When the infraction expires, the associated points are removed from the user's point total and the user's infraction groups are recalculated.
When do the infractions expire?

What I try to say is that there is no point in having a system like the current when there is nothing for the users to follow. Really you need to clear some things up before introducing it to a "working" system. Without it, its like a bridge with a big gap in the middle of it. It just doesnt work.

ps. U should also have made clear that posts that are offensive to other users can also be 'nominated' for infraction points when they report the post to an admin. ATM it just looks like it can only be used by admins, which isnt the intention of it, i suppose?.

And all anyone needs to do to punish someone they don't like is claim that one of their posts was offensive. Since the admins can't decide what is or is not offensive, and they have to go by what the forum users tell them, this system can obviously be abused. So if uZi had no sense of humour and wanted me to get an infraction he just had to PM an admin and get me punished, and the admins are in no position to tell him to get his head out of his arse. Thankfully uZi apparently does have a sense of humour, but I dread to think what'll happen with all those guys that don't.

Let me put it another way. I just took offense at your post, and I've just Pmed the admins to give you an infraction. They can't decide what does or doesn't offend me, which means you just got an infraction. Pld. And it's that easy to fuck someone over you don't like.

This was just an illustration, I didn't actually PM an admin :trout:

The infractions are done at admins discretion, they arent decided upon purely by a complaint.

AFAIK the infractions are basically a points system, you get more points the worse your indescretion. Accordingly the amount of points you accumulate result in the level of punishment, as you get more points you lose more access to forums, ie no attachments, cant make new threads, cant post etc

The worse the infraction the more points you are awarded in 1 hit and the longer they last, upto 1 month I beleive.

and what exactly was the reason for this system to be introduced? I mean can't you just go on locking threads that get a little out of hand and thats it? because tbh, from these 2 threads Ive read about it now, it seems a little silly and random.

The infractions are done at admins discretion, they arent decided upon purely by a complaint.

AFAIK the infractions are basically a points system, you get more points the worse your indescretion. Accordingly the amount of points you accumulate result in the level of punishment, as you get more points you lose more access to forums, ie no attachments, cant make new threads, cant post etc

The worse the infraction the more points you are awarded in 1 hit and the longer they last, upto 1 month I beleive.

So what determines the amount of discretion points? Does the admin who reads the misbehaviour charge the amount of discretionpoints or is there a system to it? From your post it sounds way too random.

When you got infraction points it will be shown under ur postcount

ie. this is what mine says atm:

Infractions: 0/1 (25)

I wonder what 0/1 means though. 25 is the amount of infraction points.

they are just "The black-materia of reputation" :D

Did you ever actually get to use the black materia? I can't remember any more. Or holy, wtf happened to that? And is it me or was gravity magic a waste of a turn against almost every enemy?

Off topic, shit, close it.

This system has been introduced into VB months ago. We just didn't used it much.
I'v already wrote what exactly this system is and how it works in other thread. I forgot to mention that this system also helps admins and mods to track all infraction since it requires a comment why someone has received those points from a person giving it.

50 points - locked down usergroup
100 points - ban till points expire and reach -100 infraction points
200 - permanent ban

this is the worst idea if ever heard, i mean wtf is going on in this community now??? really wake the fuck up its how old of a game?yer fought so.....and NOW all u admins r invloving bans for spams in SERVER :lol: irc ok fair enuff, dishing out threats and bans left right and centre and now this??jesus christ just stick to what we have always done. close/lock/delete/warn the player fs

once again ... this options has been here since months .... and now you noticed it? Now you moaning about it? lol

The reason why we're "moaning" about it now is simply coz now certain people slap with their powerstick for no reason at all.
So basicly if i call some admin a noob 8 times on the forums would get me a permanent ban? wow! thats marvelous! Really it is! THATS THE BEST IDEA EVER! do u feel the sarcasm?
I agree with Morph. There was nothing wrong with the idea of just warning/locking/banning people. This feels like another rule thats being added. And people dont really like the idea of being driven to a certain point.

ps. I assume that the 200 points for a permanent ban is being kept after the first ban. So it's a combined total of infraction points?

No what the problem is admins and i mean this have turned power crazy where they wanna slap bans and have totaly control and "own" everything if u get me. its stupid really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.