Infractions System

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have also said that if two people are flaming each other then usually as long as they arent being out of order and using things like personal insults, racist remarks etc then they would only be awarded infraction points if one of them complains about the other, things like flaming in an IAC thread becomes a bit of a grey area as its supposed to be a useful thread and not a place for that sort of thing so infraction points might be awarded.

You wont get awarded points purely for flaming someone if they dont care about it. However most admins will give you points if you attack them directly. Infraction points this way allows for people to say if they feel they are being attacked unfairly not just award points out because two people decide to and like flaming each other, they most likely wouldnt report each other.

all this system will do is make the forums stale and boring as they were 2/3 weeks ago. The only active place being chit chat. it would be interesting to get some web stats on the forum usage comparing 2/3 weeks ago to recent weeks

Ive got to say MyM has explained this in a reasonable way and we should see how it turns out. At the end of the day the forums are all up to Martz who is one of the most adult persons I know, so if something goes wrong with the system it certainly won't be a problem of tracking down the weak spot and removing it. (no, they're not paying me for this post)

yes he has neph but as a oldplayer or old forum browswer i should say, u SHOULD of noticed the difference on these forums from 8 years ago to now. yes theres less ppl but the forums r boring, no fun, no pic, no flames, nothing. if u do it gets closed/locked/deleted n u may get warning/ban. i dont get it, esp as the league is what 3/4 smaller then waht it was.

Honestly admins shud just let things flow, UNTILL u see a personal insult/racism in a thread then lock it. dont lock it at very first post

The forum isnt just for a few people, there are a wide selection of people on here and not all of them enjoy reading mindless drivel
So how come Useless aint banned then? :p:

I should have also said that if two people are flaming each other then usually as long as they arent being out of order and using things like personal insults, racist remarks etc then they would only be awarded infraction points if one of them complains about the other, things like flaming in an IAC thread becomes a bit of a grey area as its supposed to be a useful thread and not a place for that sort of thing so infraction points might be awarded.

You wont get awarded points purely for flaming someone if they dont care about it. However most admins will give you points if you attack them directly. Infraction points this way allows for people to say if they feel they are being attacked unfairly not just award points out because two people decide to and like flaming each other, they most likely wouldnt report each other.

Didnt rep points pretty much do the same thing, except it was driven by the community itself?
If someone posts something bad, they get red rep.
If someone posts something good, they get green rep.

If someone posts a lot of bad stuff, they get a lot of red rep and lose some forum stuff (just like with infraction points).
Except with too many infraction points you end up with no forum access at all, something rep doesnt have the power to.

Ok nice and dandy petty flames are watched what about the anti cheat actions that were gonna be taken? When will we hear more about that?;)

yeah, well i have seen , demo'ed and reported a botter on uta server #3 to brajan on IRC yesterday, but i got no news about it.

as for the infraction points, it's really a crap feature, just made for lame and weak forums stafs, sad to see it used here where we got less and less players, and they are defently not gone coz of flames.

yes he has neph but as a oldplayer or old forum browswer i should say, u SHOULD of noticed the difference on these forums from 8 years ago to now. yes theres less ppl but the forums r boring, no fun, no pic, no flames, nothing. if u do it gets closed/locked/deleted n u may get warning/ban. i dont get it, esp as the league is what 3/4 smaller then waht it was.

Honestly admins shud just let things flow, UNTILL u see a personal insult/racism in a thread then lock it. dont lock it at very first post

Its strange how people remember things how they want to remember it, happens everywhere in the world the only difference is here you can go to chit chat and see what was being said 6 years ago or 7 for main league one. Go have a look at what was being said, find me all the threads insulting each other and generally being rude for the sake of it, there are none, I searched the first couple of pages and even the complaints are good humoured. Back then it was a group of people probably closer than now that were out to have fun playing games, it wasnt about having a go at the person next to you and finding fun in seeing how far you could push things. Yes there were flame threads but they werent as common as you seem to remember. The biggest difference is people are bored with playing, they continue because maybe its fun once in a while or that they are good, 6 -7 years ago there was more interest int he game itself and the forums reflected that

Didnt rep points pretty much do the same thing, except it was driven by the community itself?
If someone posts something bad, they get red rep.
If someone posts something good, they get green rep.

If someone posts a lot of bad stuff, they get a lot of red rep and lose some forum stuff (just like with infraction points).
Except with too many infraction points you end up with no forum access at all, something rep doesnt have the power to.

Yes and it wasnt abused at all, the system was supposed to made out for that a way for forum users to have an input on the users posting here but in the end it turned out into who could get the most points from their m8 or who could inflict the most damage with their m8s on someone they didnt like. It had nothing to do with the posts and thats why it was removed, again it just comes down to people thinking about what they are doing, it may have been a good system if that hadnt happened.

Its strange how people remember things how they want to remember it, happens everywhere in the world the only difference is here you can go to chit chat and see what was being said 6 years ago or 7 for main league one. Go have a look at what was being said, find me all the threads insulting each other and generally being rude for the sake of it, there are none, I searched the first couple of pages and even the complaints are good humoured. Back then it was a group of people probably closer than now that were out to have fun playing games, it wasnt about having a go at the person next to you and finding fun in seeing how far you could push things. Yes there were flame threads but they werent as common as you seem to remember. The biggest difference is people are bored with playing, they continue because maybe its fun once in a while or that they are good, 6 -7 years ago there was more interest int he game itself and the forums reflected that

MyM im not gonna rgue with u, we both now the current system is shit compared to how it is ued 2 be, i myswlf wish u was admin of the whole UTAS but thats not be, if i had it my way id put u where phear once was, but thats besides the point if u honestly spoke the truth ud admit im right

Morph i'll give you real examples why i would keep forums clean.

1 - I used to be in a clan where one of members has 2 sons. One of them is playing UT and even was in this clan and played few wars with us. He visited this forums once and amount of bad behavior and languages made him never come back here again.

2 - I got 7 year old daughter who was sitting beside me when i opened Smanties post with hi2u pics

3 - This is public forums which are mostly visited by non UTA players in different age from all around the world. They may join someday. Now imagine what they think and fell about this community seeing all this shit all around. UTA forums are usually first contact with this league for MANY players ... how does it looks in their eyes? Still ok?

MyM already explained the point of infraction system so i won't do it again.

If you miss old times so badly i'll do this one thing for you in oldschool style.

CLOSED

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.