Important: forums closing down.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big tnx to Martz for what you have done in all these years :thumb:

If it's necesary to donate... well i can miss 5 euro :)

big thanks to martz for his work over the years
we night not have seen eye to eye a lot (well never tbh)
but i appreciate the work and the money you put into this

Thank you alot Martz:)

Well getting 15 clans to pay 5 ponuds being around 8 € approx. every three months is virtually nothing for the single person.
well i think there are lots of clans who would pay this amount.
Forums are very important for this league. for a clan of 10 members its less than 1 € every three months, thas possible for everyone but those who dont want, dont need to but having said this i think its not a prob to collect enough money if you are behind it.

Good luck with your plan Spirit, im willing to pay a little, and watching at all your specs :)rolleyes: ) i think some of you could already pay the 75€ alone :D

Originally posted by Peebe
:clap: :bowdown: :clap: good job with the forums - i had fun abusing my secret admin rights :naughty:

:wave: AoR :lol:

ALTHOUGH THIS NOW MEANS I WILL HAVE TO SPEND MORE TIME WORKING AND BUYING STUFF ON EBAY :shout: :bawling:
Aye u cheater reading our tactics fs

well peebee what can i say cept for hope u didnt abuse ur admin rights all too much...
just imo admins that can be trusted just that much shouldnt have any sort of admin rights...

Originally posted by Peebe
:clap: :bowdown: :clap: good job with the forums - i had fun abusing my secret admin rights :naughty:

:wave: AoR :lol:

ALTHOUGH THIS NOW MEANS I WILL HAVE TO SPEND MORE TIME WORKING AND BUYING STUFF ON EBAY :shout: :bawling:

OMG U LAME BASTARD!!!!! wtf r u doing?????? fuck sake! thats our PRIVATEFORUM we post our priv tacs and other shit there then sum lama comes and reads sum shit in there!?!?! we have been working much on our new tacs and shit fs!! :shout: LAMA!! think the only1 who has the rights 2 read privates is the league admin and he shuldnt abuse the right,or only if he suspects sumthing is wrong... sake this sux

First of all, THANK YOU martz for hosting the forums all these years, it must have costs alot of money and afford to maintain em!! thnx for that!! :bowdown:

Good luck with your moving too :D

oh and peebe, thanks for AoR tactics, you are still a monkey ;)

Big M. :thumb: for the work u've done m8 :) i hope spirit or any1 else could take the financial part on .. i'm willing to pay and im sure rest of sixth would be willing too. (my guess anyhow)

thats fucking lame as shit. Peebe shouldnt be an mod if thats all he does. Like I said, half the mods here are corrupt as fuck.

Thanks Martz for all your hard work and the finance you put into UTAS, I didn't realise the forum upkeep was so costly. Well done for keeping them going for so long, you've done a great job. :thumb:

Ouch, nasty bill Martz :|

There are options, though..

I have a couple of hosting arrangements with 100Mb of space, the usual MySQl/PHP, and about 7Gbpcm traffic (US based, so dirt cheeep for more traffic too), which could be used to take some of the strain if needed. I'm not sure about the technicalities of splitting the forums across multiple hosts (authentication issues..) but if it can be done, I'd be happy to help

If it comes down to cash, I know =[FDC]= would be happy to chip in good hard cash to support the forums.

As an aside, Martz' current invoice is 114 GBP, and thats the "right here, right now" problem we have to deal with. Whatever can be sorted for next time, we need to deal with this now...

I'm happy to chuck some cash in the pot just now..

i found a file called last.forum.mysql.dump.sql
and its almost 600mb... that would be alot of hosts and alot of cutting down wintermute :(

Originally posted by Wintermute
If it comes down to cash, I know =[FDC]= would be happy to chip in good hard cash to support the forums.

:stupid:

i think i might be able to miss 5 euro's every quarter :P

about the splitting it up.. well the attachments part can be split up as it was being done before with the old hosting / orange hosting..

dunno how big the attachments are.. you could also just cut the attachments tbh.

Originally posted by doh
i found a file called last.forum.mysql.dump.sql
and its almost 600mb... that would be alot of hosts and alot of cutting down wintermute :(

Jesus H Christ on a Stick, you aint joking!

The largest hosting arrangement I can get at easily without going to a dedicated server is 500Mb.. and that's about 30E a month..

I.

Status
Not open for further replies.