iCTF League Discussion

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

btw, we played alot of friendlies now and what bothers me a bit is that clans defend behind the flag on eternalcaves][ and eternal caves Red edition.. I know it's not allowed in clanbase, or at least considered to be lame.
But what's the point of view of the uta admins on this? is this gonna be a problem? what about leaving the red and normal version of caves out of the league completely, to prevent this kind of behaviour?

btw no flames intended to the clan we just played to, because u prolly didnt know this

Well first off all GG. about defending behind the flag, if u dont want us to defend behind flag then u better don't do it yourself !!! If u won the match that would never be a subject where u would talked about. Cu next time

its a team game lol the better team won tonight i guess, maybe not (-8-) his best squad tonight... honestly we dont care about winning or losing its still a game that has to be fun! and tonight we had fun again pld horny devils ;)

And i know what yous mean its hard attacking when defended there but on any maps thats in league setup and theres positions like the mentioned then you will usually find me there as i am lame tbh when playing but its not as if its cheating its using positions too yer teams advantage imo.

(no flame intended too -8-)

Tzu said:
And i know what yous mean its hard attacking when defended there but on any maps thats in league setup and theres positions like the mentioned then you will usually find me there as i am lame tbh when playing but its not as if its cheating its using positions too yer teams advantage imo.

(no flame intended too -8-)
You are right, a good team can capture every map!

well it would be better if nobody is able to camp behind or in front of flag..

Eventualy it all ends up at who's got better skills....

Tonight we had them :P (no flames to any1)

Hope you play us again in friendly

SoBeK said:
Well first off all GG. about defending behind the flag, if u dont want us to defend behind flag then u better don't do it yourself !!! If u won the match that would never be a subject where u would talked about. Cu next time

We didnt play in that position in the first 5mins of the game, and we didnt hide behind the door frames and camp at all throughout the map.
No matter what the score is, we have brought it up, as it a considered "lame" in many of the leagues out there, which you guys might not have known, and which my upset many people who have played in ladders, and cups etc, which I know will happen.
This is why we posted here about it, and why we did not join your IRC chan and start flaming you on IRC. We were not flaming your clan, we were pointing out something that should be considered adding to the league rules, we did not mention anyones names, or thier clans, so there was no need to take it as a flame or an insult.

NiGhT_owl said:
We didnt play in that position in the first 5mins of the game, and we didnt hide behind the door frames and camp at all throughout the map.
No matter what the score is, we have brought it up, as it a considered "lame" in many of the leagues out there, which you guys might not have known, and which my upset many people who have played in ladders, and cups etc, which I know will happen.
This is why we posted here about it, and why we did not join your IRC chan and start flaming you on IRC. We were not flaming your clan, we were pointing out something that should be considered adding to the league rules, we did not mention anyones names, or thier clans, so there was no need to take it as a flame or an insult.

To be fair I did flame a little

if camping behind the flag would be allowed then i rather not see eternal caves in this league, coz then its just as fucked up as facingworlds.

oh btw, I already mentioned it had nothing to do with the game we had last! And yes a defended behind the flag after 5 or 10 mins. This was coz the attackers on our team got a lil frustrated of the defending positions u were using.

Now get ur arses back on the subject and leave yesterdays match for what is was.

Last edited:
Only way to stop it happening is not having they maps included as if they are included then there will be defending (lamers :) ) behind mountains as such. (which imo doesnt worry me)

Oh and in general i dislike the eternal caves series of maps all round with defending behind mountains or not Orbital ftw.

Last edited:
No complaints about yesterday's match from my side. Thx for friendly GG.

Generally I don't care too much where ppl defend or which other things (like assrunning) clanbase league considers as 'lame' (except camping spawnpoints).

But it would be nice to know which behaviour is 'fair' so i (and my team) can avoid the other 'lame' things and still use effective positions and/or tactics. Is there any utas iCTF etiquette?

Mushroomhead said:
To be fair I did flame a little

True, but thats expected of you mush, its what you do, so ignored it LOL i recommend everyone else do the same, just ignore him :P :P :P ;)

Kaspar.Hauser said:
Generally I don't care too much where ppl defend or which other things (like assrunning) clanbase league considers as 'lame' (except camping spawnpoints).

But it would be nice to know which behaviour is 'fair' so i (and my team) can avoid the other 'lame' things and still use effective positions and/or tactics. Is there any utas iCTF etiquette?

Yep tottally agree with that :D :D :D

haha, you guys finally discovered what mass defending is then?

saying "a good team will cap no matter what the opposition does" is bullshit btw - if its 5 defenders constantly respawning on top of you, you dont really have a chance

Setting rules saying "no mass defending" is a bit unclear too, cos its kinda like a matter of opinion, and most will say it is a valid tactic (which i agree on tbh - if you get a 1 cap lead why shouldnt you defend it to the end?) - but it does tend to ruin the fun of the game :/

uZi said:
[..] - if its 5 defenders constantly respawning on top of you, you dont really have a chance
Setting rules saying "no mass defending" is a bit unclear too, cos its kinda like a matter of opinion, and most will say it is a valid tactic (which i agree on tbh - if you get a 1 cap lead why shouldnt you defend it to the end?) - but it does tend to ruin the fun of the game :/
I just imaginationed a horror scenario: Juventus Turin defending Guardia :P