iCTF League Discussion

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

MeetYourMaker said:
How does how easy it is to score points on a map make any difference? Im pretty sure both teams play the same map at the same time therefore its just as easy or difficult for both teams :P The only advantage one team might get is they know a map slightly better but the other team gets that same advantage on their map

Not strictly true as some CTF maps are biased. Eternal Caves ... blue is easier to def.

Maybe a work around is the clan who didn't pick the map get to chose their colour ?

What is the current plans for team colour allocation ?

Woulda thought, the clan that didnt pick the map picks the colour makes sense. However if this is to be done via the uta system.. with the auth and all that - would this be possible, since it puts you on a team using the password you provide.. would need more re-coding

Also, there is an opposite to what mym said. If it is done on map wins, then a clan is encouraged to massdef when they have a 1 cap lead.. which makes for pretty annoying games.. obviously could happen with the other way of scoring too.. but less likely imo

Sorry to use CB again, but in their leagues they use flag caps to decide the score and in the cups they use map wins.. personally i think the games in the cups seem more "lame" due to mass defing for a 1 cap lead.. whereas people tend to play more "all out" in ladder games, obviously the cup games can be more intense and exciting (and can be equally frustrating). I dunno just things to think about

still quite a few things to get decided if you ask me.. isnt the league starting pretty soon?

Last edited:
uZi said:
Sorry to use CB again, but in their leagues they use flag caps to decide the score and in the cups they use map wins.. personally i think the games in the cups seem more "lame" due to mass defing for a 1 cap lead.. whereas people tend to play more "all out" in ladder games, obviously the cup games can be more intense and exciting (and can be equally frustrating). I dunno just things to think about

I agree with Uzi on this one, the cup matches are very lame, I've only played in 3 of them, and the mass def was just terrible, were as the ladder games are very fun. Unless you had a very rude and flaming clan, but in the UTA i suppose the mute enemy will be very usefull, if you dont like that clan.
I dont know about the map times now as it depends on how the scoring system works.
I think we can forget about what maps are in the league for now, (not forget, but put to one side) as they can be changed/removed/added, at a later date. Wereas the scoring system should be discided first, then it should be pretty "easy" to sort out the map times etc :)
Ive put easy in "" because there will still be alot of things for the admins, and league players to sort out :)

Yeh as Uzi said the team that doesnt choose the map normally chooses the colour, without that option then youd be more or less made to play symmetrical versions.

Dont think the system will be able to cope with different colours as itd have to change match score details etc as well, although I havent seen the system so I dont know what theyve done :D

And red is much easier to defend on caves all blue has is a stupid little bridge to slow attackers which for some reason people find hard to walk over :lol:

Aree matches going to be won on....

1. Maps won

2. Caps

3. Team points

The benefit of team point totals means that even a 0-0 map means both teams will score points towards the match total ?

Problem with caps is, as stated, leading team will mass def.

Prob with maps win is....well....as above.

if its 3 maps like it looks like i think map wins, because some maps is low caps on and some maps is it much caps on.

well what does it matter? just make many caps on the maps where it's possible

sure you're fucked if you lose 10 caps on gaunt and then the next map on is face but that's your bad luck then i guess because if you're so far back on caps then you prolly didnt deserve the win in the first place

crippan said:
if its 3 maps like it looks like i think map wins, because some maps is low caps on and some maps is it much caps on.

That's the point.......if Clan-A has just lost first 2 maps BUT is only 2 or 3 caps down, then the 3rd map is their last hope. Makes both clans fight to the end....assuming it's mathematically possible.

If you base it on maps then the match is over in 30 mins......hardly worth getting up from TV for.

uZi said:
If it is done on map wins, then a clan is encouraged to massdef when they have a 1 cap lead.. which makes for pretty annoying games.. obviously could happen with the other way of scoring too.. but less likely imo
:nod: