iCTF League Discussion

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ðeadßoy

Son!c Reducer
Apr 9, 2002
Dead End Street
Being insular is never a good thing but i fear that our community has got that way and we are not attracting new blood to assault

if we continue in this vein sooner or l8r we will have no leauge left as our leauges are already showing shrinkage in the amount of clans we have

as a few of you may already know =]DoG[= are going to be looking for a zp ictf leauge to play in and a few pple from this leauge have shown interest in doing the same and as the insta leauge is now down to just 1 division

i suggest that uta look into starting its own zp ictf we not only have players already here but we can attract new blood who may also want to play assault thereby bringing in new blood to our community and extending its life

i just wondered the feasabilty of this as obviously this will add to the admins workload servers etc

Reactions: Cratos
and how would a new player (who you want to attract with this) associate utassault.net with a CTF league?

Nephilim said:
and how would a new player (who you want to attract with this) associate utassault.net with a CTF league?

they got forums havent they

they have clan websites etc

spam time ;)

we will only get out what we put in

so spread the word

better than doing nothing and in a few years time thinking i wish we had done something to attract new blood

Edit:we could also buy something like www.utaictf.net and link it to here anyway look at the positive aspects not negative ones

Last edited:
overall it's a nice idea.
ICTF sounds like more fun than IAS :nod:.

But i have my doubts that these new players will dare to join the assault scene where newcomers gain kickvotes and dumb comments by "1337" players only because they play a bit weaker than them.

Reactions: Lex_Mortis
i guess there are enough iCTF leauge and ladder events...

why should an iCTF Clan join this "just another iCTF Leauge"...... But sure.. iCTF scene is imo the biggest ut scene atm.

... i would propose some growing and more and more popular mod like Jailbreak or StrangloveCTF or LG SA CTF ect...

there arent any leauge arround :hangover:

Im afraid it won`t help assault itself just like Neph says, we can make another league or two for different game types it won`t really bring new clans on the uta scene... if it does they`ll leave after week or two cause of losing interests.. experience from the past ;)

wernt Santitan a ctf clan that now is part of the assault scene ?

if we can attract to ictf leauge then some may convert even 1-2 clans more is better than nothing

like i say if we stay insular and in the same old we are purely assault based mentality we will die there are fewer and fewer of us every day

the insta assault leauge is all but dead

pple need something new to bring back the interest in ut

if we try and it fails at least we tried

but saying its not worth the effort is a pile of crap imo stay as we are we will die pure and simple

some pple are getting bored of assault and its better that they find another mod here than move elsewhere

its not a threat to assault its an addition

You would need to show that there is some interest in such a league at least before someone puts their time into developing stuff for it It would be pointless to put a new league in place and then hope ppl join it, not only that but ppl dont want to join a league if there are no active teams within the league.

!r!e said:
actually we lost 3 divs when the auth system came. think about it

Ehm like 10 clans left BEFORE auth came out, and yea blame auth as much as you want.... :)
And what MyM said.

MeetYourMaker said:
You would need to show that there is some interest in such a league at least before someone puts their time into developing stuff for it It would be pointless to put a new league in place and then hope ppl join it, not only that but ppl dont want to join a league if there are no active teams within the league.

i agree but we also have to know if its feasable before that

i know cratos and timo have shown interest maybe we should set up a commitee of sorts to produce a plan of action and structure how the rules / maps etc would work so we got something to tout around so pple know what we are proposing

maybe even post a poll here see how many pple are interested with in our community already

Reactions: brajan