iCTF League Discussion

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

If you want to attract more UT players to AS then you need to look at more public servers or maybe a server especially for people new to AS. I notice on DFP that players with low scores or have no idea get kick voted off or get flamed to shit or both. I imagine that they would be put off AS if shit is all they get.
Mybe a training server or something where some good AS players who are willing to train people new to AS could frequent the server and help the guys out.

Mr_Darcy said:
If you want to attract more UT players to AS then you need to look at more public servers or maybe a server especially for people new to AS. I notice on DFP that players with low scores or have no idea get kick voted off or get flamed to shit or both. I imagine that they would be put off AS if shit is all they get.
Mybe a training server or something where some good AS players who are willing to train people new to AS could frequent the server and help the guys out.

Goto DOG Pound sever :)

darcy has a fair point, theres a good crowd on the dog server. i started on servers like that... ok i didnt improve but im active in the community.

the only problem i see is, theres a lot of people on the dog server - but no-one linking them to the community, when i started i met people who new about it, vitti.... blaze... w/e he calls himself now was one of them, and then the mi6 boys brought me into things etc, the only connection the people on dog have to this community is egotistic nobs going on there with fake nicks getting a quick godlike and buggering off :P

we could do it like all the pr0n sites out there: When you join a server a brower with 25 uta sites is poping up in the background and your startsite is silently modified to utassault.net :rofl:

AnTi said:
Or put http://utassault.net/ to MOTD in server ;) :P

jeez come on, we have the most impressive setup ive seen ... anywhere for online gaming. Most servers have links to leagues clan sites stats etc, and 9/10 people look away the minute they see www. So lets show people with some l33t popup or .... 25 popups.... or some other amazing add on which im sure our super amazing clever programmer people can come up with!

Just make it part of the website ladder systems

pro as
insta as
std as
ictf
etc etc

it's part of the "UTA" community but added ladders.

«X» would join any ladders like zp ictf/zp sa ctf etc

And like i said before the UTA wars are TOO long, thats the reason new people dont stay long and that's the reason alot of people are'nt staying anymore. it simple takes too much time for a war.

if it's in div1 most wars when it's 6v6 are like 2-3 hours+

That's a large chunk of time from 1 day when a clanbase war takes 40 minutes for example..

My opinion anyway.

Reactions: HUEY
well thats the difference between assault and ctf we play first to 8 while they got 20 mins maps only.
tbh making the map count smaller for assault is a :nono: I like it how it is.

i dont think we want a cb style ladder but a uta style ictf leauge

no point doing wots already there

and im sure its less work for timo / admins that way

Farac|ÐÏ˧ËL said:
well thats the difference between assault and ctf we play first to 8 while they got 20 mins maps only.
tbh making the map count smaller for assault is a :nono: I like it how it is.

aye first to 8 is fine imo as well

some matches are over in an hour some hard fought ones over 2 hours

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]Am I the only one who can see the fact that LeagueAS automatically advertises www.utassault.net on the badge every map? (which is visible for about 6 times longer than the MOTD)[/QUOTE]

aye no1 else reads anything as you well know :P