I want to know why? (map bugs discussion)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
but make a list before you ban peeps for them

An entire community will know more bugs then the admin team. Requests have been made by the admin team for reports of the different bugs. But the list should be in no way a get out of jail for free card when people find a new bug they intentionally use.

In my opinion there is no way that the ballistic bug is not being used intentionally. And he did it aswell is never an excuse you should have reported it.

Don't want to make screen shots of the bugs you know just type it out in a pm to an admin and explain it and I'll make the screen shots myself if needed.

Im disappointed MyM thougth you could read the sarcasm in my post:P

:lol: cant always tell with people these days, you think they are taking the piss because what they say is so stupid but infact they are serious.
Seems I wasnt the only one that took this the wrong way judging by one or two subsequent replies :P

How about fixing the AutoRIP final obj bug, where you can get killed like 4 feet away and your corpse still manages to complete the obj? Happened to me in a match the other day, and I took a screenie of me with -70 health - can't be right :confused:

I played that match but to be honest I can't remember meteor or patriot saying on vent that they were using some sort of invisibility thing at all. I'm not saying this to protect them. Fucking hell, I didnt even know that you had an invisibility bug on bridge except for the hollow trees. And once you know that they're in the trees then it's too easy to kill them.

In the demo it´s quite obvious what happened though Brain. Take boots, jump up, stand still for ages til some1 comes. This was done quite a few times the same scenario.

Anyway, it´s a while ago now and i just brought up the subject because i thought that Dj was treated in another way than Meteor and Patriot if we were to judge due to bug/exploit usage.

The things with this bug is that you can actually keep moving from side to side and avoid hits and still stay invisble while still having a full view of the main entrance, boots house and 2nd assault. Due to the fact that you can keep moving you have a huge advantage since the other team has to take a guess where you are all the time. Especially in insta this is useful since 1 hit means a kill.

From memory, Bridge is the most 'fixed' map currently in the league, with regards to how many server side patches that have had to be made to it in order to eliminate/reduce the bugs in it.

Replication blackspots are a problem in this map, and only a complete rebuild of it, replacing the most affected areas with stationary mover brushes will solve this; however it is possible for us to patch these areas with LeagueAS to reduce the blackspots.

I'd just like to point out though, that if you whack your netspeed up really high, you are less likely to lose track of other players 'abusing' the invisible spots - or at least, your client won't ignore them as quick as if you had a lower netspeed... I have been able to pick off players using these spots where some others on the team have not been able to see them. For this reason alone, I personally feel it cannot be compared to if someone was hiding in a malformed area of the map where no-one can see them.

I never heard of these bugs!! really just seen them and for me its seems kinda foolish to ban a person for a game that doesnt even count. i might wud understand them if they were abuse in a match

UT is running very low and lots of people gettin inactive just see the league now..
Beginning to ban people for something that had been abuse for so long is just gonna kill the little fun of UT we hav left

i still see the point from ur site admins tho but instead of banning u cud give DJ some kind of warning then make threads about these bugs. like deadly said.. list the bugs which u cant use. and some u cant do anything bout because of the maps.

if there was some kind of Vote poll for unbanning DJ i wud clearly say YES in this situation because i just find it stupid. I know that admins want to make UT as clean as possible to play and u are doing great work tho i still think u need to think a bit before acting...

if i got it clear.. dj abuse a bug that been using alot, and in a "friendly match" and getting banned for this ???
come on admin give some credit here and think... does this seem like the right thing to do ???
I dont know if some1 during the match complain but i see lots of people who has responed to this thread is clearly
disagree about the punishment except the admins

Most people defending it are his clan mates.

Secondly, it doesn't matter if the match meant nothing or not. If someone uses an aimbot outside a league match, then that person should be left alone? It's written in the rules not to abuse bugs, so there should be punishment (to anyone)

Now everyone is on edge of being banned, DJ might have been used as a scapegoat and its true alot of other people abuse these bugs, but I think everyone will be thinking twice about using bugs now that the admins are on alert.

As you can see from this thread, people are trying to find out what constitutes as bugs or not. Mainly the hollow trees on Bridge example.

DJ deserves to be banned, as does anyone else who abuses bugs on purpose.

The only question that needs to be asked is why the sudden increase in alert for bugs when for so long nobody has been ever punished for it, not if he deserved it or not. People assume he is being targeted because of the randomness of the admins taking actions and on that level I can appreciate why DJ is annoyed.

The only question that needs to be asked is why the sudden increase in alert for bugs when for so long nobody has been ever punished for it, not if he deserved it or not. People assume he is being targeted because of the randomness of the admins taking actions and on that level I can appreciate why DJ is annoyed.

thats what i said aswell.

The fact that no one really cba to report this stuff is not the admins fault. Ramboo always uses the same bug on publics and I always warn him that it will get him banned some day.
It was stated once on these forums that this specific bug was banable so can't see why DJ or anyone else complains about this ban.
I sure do agree that it sometimes get confusing with stuff on other maps, but for me the ballistic one always been a pretty clear case.

I'd also like to adress that svek did not forfeit before hand, as in agreeing to submit 8-0. I asked this on irc when I came in late at a 6-5 score. Also notice that 8-5 is submitted instead of 8-0.

I'd also like to address that svek did not forfeit before hand, as in agreeing to submit 8-0. I asked this on irc when I came in late at a 6-5 score. Also notice that 8-5 is submitted instead of 8-0.

tbh m8

a forfeit is a forfeit score is irrelevant

1-0 8-0 8-6 are all the same here it = win = same points what ever the score

its up to CoH to ask for the forfeit and for svek to agree before mercs are allowed

nope no never only when i make an ultra kill or what ever in a friendly war not even in a clan war as SVEK already forfeitted.....

for me its seems kinda foolish to ban a person for a game that doesnt even count.

I tried to say deadboy, that it was not a friendly war, that svek did not forfeit, but it was just a normal war with some mercs on svek's side.

Atleast that is what I was told on irc.

its 2 funny this shit

I tried to say deadboy, that it was not a friendly war, that svek did not forfeit, but it was just a normal war with some mercs on svek's side.

Atleast that is what I was told on irc.

aye i know m8

in DoG we always agree outcome before mercs are allowed

maybe u guys should do same in future

and tbh friendly or not

map bugs should not be used

even on publics we kick peeps for using them

http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=63970

Bug abuse is against the rules. If the same situation got reported on another player the exact same action would have been taken. This suspension is short to count as the warning. We all know now actions are gonna be taken against it.

The real question is why noone has been reporting these bug abuses. (Like Protocol mentioned before.)

You now see action will be taken against it. A report with evidence is always going to be looked at. Even if we have a list made up it does not mean bugs not mentioned in the list, are a green light and free to use. So the comment about Admins should have made a list is sort of irrelevant.

If the bugabuse was reported earlier, action would not have been any different. And it would not have been any different if another player did it, or another player reported it.

n00b vs 8 couple of month ago MyM used Ballistic bug and used teleporter to warhead attackkkk.

is that ban then MYM ur banned cause i got demos of that and 1000 of other things

:lol: if you really want to bring that up

Im sure I can dig the demo out of you using it in a C0 game against us, thats where we found it out. Ill get a 2 week ban and youll get an even longer one for second offence :P

I actually reported that at the time to admin team and they said it was ok, thats what you are supposed to do if someone uses a bug against you in a league match. The problem came from it being a different admin team to the one that had to deal with it when some of your then curent clan complained about it but nm thats in the past.

If you want to complain about something in a match do it there and then, dont bottle everything up until you get accused of something and then try to drag everyone down with you, but please pass on the demos to admin team so they can add it to the bug list they are currently compiling.

tbh mym you used the other ballistic bug and it was brought up at the time , it's the fact your an admin that you didn't get banned and dj gets banned as a merc in a match for using a similar bug. Bit ridiculous tbh ^^

i think thats the point dj is making. I think u can see the point but choose to say :lol: instead ^^ nice :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.