I want to know why? (map bugs discussion)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: as brajan hasnt arrived yet, use your brain!

Are you seriously asking if its a bug if someone hides in a valid part of the map? Next you'll be saying its not allowed for ppl to hide around corners as you cant see them and you need to go look.

This is about hiding within texture glitches etc, faults that are part of the map which are difficult/impossible to fix for various reasons such as permission.
In case anybody is having trouble working it out heres some pointers.

Hiding within a part of the map that is supposed to represent solid concrete, rock etc is a use of a bug
Hiding in a section of the map where for whatever reason your body disappears is a use of a bug
Any of the above could be a grey area if you can trigger it accidentally such as it being in a busy area you walk through, so if you have to go out of your way to trigger it then 100% its a bug.

Admin just make a list of bugs you will get banned for , post screenies of the bugs

so that all peeps know them and can take screenies if they get abused

but make a list before you ban peeps for them

If you change a brush from semisolid to solid is any mapper actually going to cry and yell "KRISE!1!" about it? 90% of the mappers of league maps aren't even around any more, and if they care then they can fo. Not like anyone's going to sue.

Im disappointed MyM thougth you could read the sarcasm in my post:P

:lol: as brajan hasnt arrived yet, use your brain!

Are you seriously asking if its a bug if someone hides in a valid part of the map? Next you'll be saying its not allowed for ppl to hide around corners as you cant see them and you need to go look.

This is about hiding within texture glitches etc, faults that are part of the map which are difficult/impossible to fix for various reasons such as permission.
In case anybody is having trouble working it out heres some pointers.

Hiding within a part of the map that is supposed to represent solid concrete, rock etc is a use of a bug
Hiding in a section of the map where for whatever reason your body disappears is a use of a bug
Any of the above could be a grey area if you can trigger it accidentally such as it being in a busy area you walk through, so if you have to go out of your way to trigger it then 100% its a bug.

lol, the weird thing is people have done all these (myself included) in pugs or whatever in the past and nothing was done (brajan actually said he has seen me personally in an invisible spot), and yeah, loads of people are doing it. :nag:

suddenly DJ is banned, so like zyx said i'd like to know what is bannable now, according to brajan 'any bug of this nature will not be tolerated', yet he says the trees on bridge are perfectly legitimate. :confused:

Because it's done loads of times, doesnt mean that you can continue using it. It has become time to stop the exploits now I think. You have to set an example once and with the proof (pics + vids) that were given to the admins I guess this was the right moment.

Huh? Where?

in our IRC convo yesterday.

I am sure you said so, but I don't keep logs so can't check, my mistake if you didn't..

But you surely remember me telling you of a clan using the trees to glitch in to attack the second assault?

The trees round the back of the base - this is against the rules I take it? Then I would have some interesting demos..

Not that I will send the demos, it seems pointless for someone to be banned for a 'bug' people have been using for as long as I can remember.

So my real question is: Have these new bans been implemented since DJ was banned? That means, if someone was to use a Tree bug/Wall bug in the future action would be taken?

If this is the case, I could make an average guess of 15 people being suspended per month. Invisible sniping on the box on bridge happens 24/7.

Last edited:
maybe you should you read the log?

00:11 <f-wish> water sniping, sniping in the trees
00:12 <brajan> water is a general UT bug which can't be avoided in some situations (like bridge spawns)
00:12 <f-wish> ok
00:12 <f-wish> and the trees?
00:12 <brajan> however glitching into texture bug like tree or walls ... it's all the same sort of bug
00:12 <brajan> map bug

Same sort of bug from technical point of view.

EDIT:
Answering your edited message.
League rules covers map bug abuses since years. Thing is that we had maybe one or two reports in past and everytime admins looked at it (even when i wasn't one of them) and when demos/screenshots provided gave us undeniable proof of someone doing it on the purpose proper steps were done.
It's hard NOT to notice that lately more and more players started to use different map bugs but still nobody reports it even if as you say loads of ppl using them so it's about time to force this rule to avoid it in future. We are aware of many map bugs but obviously not all of them so i'll ask one more time. If you know ANY please report them.

Last edited:
maybe you should you read the log?

I said i didn't have the log, read my post.

brajan said:
00:12 <f-wish> and the trees?
00:12 <brajan> however glitching into texture bug like tree or walls ... it's all the same sort of bug
00:12 <brajan> map bug

Mistake me if i'm wrong, but you are saying glitching into the trees is the same kind of map bug as the ballistic wall bug which dj was doing, hence both are against the UTA rules - so yes, tree glitching is forbidden?

DeadBoy said:
Admin just make a list of bugs you will get banned for , post screenies of the bugs

so that all peeps know them and can take screenies if they get abused

but make a list before you ban peeps for them

ok as my post in the Supended section wasnt approved by a admin so i ask it here. In Desolate][ @ Guard Room: Sitting in the Tube bug/cheat ? Ban? Because i noitce that a lot of people get killed from that spot and its annoying cause i cant see them, and it wastes attackers time.....

True and whom uses this all time? wish? always.

This is always used in wars should be same thing suspended....

Golgotha last attack obj when ppl are "hanging" in air defending between both bridges? invisble.

every1 uses this 1...suspension?

nope no never only when i make an ultra kill or what ever in a friendly war not even in a clan war as SVEK already forfeitted.....

cba u admins! there are better things to do than give suspension for this shit, only make things worse. go investigate why ppl u lagcheats instead.

Oh and u said its not possible to kill the guy using that bug, its VERY easy, shoot flak or 5 rockets BOOM ur dead. made it 1000times on ppl....

Same from technical point of view - same editing mistake probably. This bug was discussed several times on this forums months if not years ago.
Tree bug on AS-Bridge can be done unintentionally. Trees won't give you full invisibility (excluding barrel from sniper riffle) and most of all trees won't give you invisible/transparent piece of wall which can stop bullets just like in Balli wall glitch. Summing it up. You won't get punished for unintentional bug usage but if you do it for the purpose you can expect someone reporting you and a punishment. We can't and we wont ignore obvious increase of players who abusing map bugs in last 2-3 months.

A tree actor with wrong settings and a BSP hole is pretty different in my honest opinion.

Actually a BSP hole is always unintended. A hollow tree might've been intended, only the author would know. Like the globe at final in ballistic is the same sort of actor as a tree but still, was it really meant to pass through? The final would be a little harder to get if it weren't :)

Now who's to judge which hollow actor is a bug and which isn't, and how are you ever going to make a list of all those actors? :rolleyes:

I think you should leave the banning with abusing BSP holes, don't start with actors. You can still kill people within actors quite easily, it just takes a tiny bit more effort with aiming...

Same from technical point of view - same editing mistake probably. This bug was discussed several times on this forums months if not years ago.
Tree bug on AS-Bridge can be done unintentionally. Trees won't give you full invisibility (excluding barrel from sniper riffle) and most of all trees won't give you invisible/transparent piece of wall which can stop bullets just like in Balli wall glitch. Summing it up. You won't get punished for unintentional bug usage but if you do it for the purpose you can expect someone reporting you and a punishment. We can't and we wont ignore obvious increase of players who abusing map bugs in last 2-3 months.

Maybe you shouldve made an public post about this and tell people that you will have a special look out for wall bug abuse with screenshots of what isnt allowed and that you can be punished for it lol

It's a bit random now imo

Last edited:
Oh and u said its not possible to kill the guy using that bug, its VERY easy, shoot flak or 5 rockets BOOM ur dead. made it 1000times on ppl....

Nope. It's not impossible it's way harder since you can be hit by only 2 kind of weapons available for attackers (rl or flak) while you can hit them with any. If you even consider this as a fair tactic ... well think about it.

Why do i need to repeat same thing all over again? If you see someone abusing league rules REPORT IT!
It's not a bloody kindergarden where every kid has to be watched carefully.

Golgotha last attack obj when ppl are "hanging" in air defending between both bridges? invisble.

Deso's guard room was ment to be that way, it's no bug really, it's supposed to be part of the map really.

and you can actually kill and see people on the glitch between the bridges, it looks there is a replay on a player who keeps falling down every sec tbh.. (at least on my screen :P )

funny how your trying to involve me into whatever you can dj :lol:

you know as well as I there are many, many others who do this, not just me.

lol don't even start guys!

So! Where are map bug reports for me?
Ppl moaning about admins not fixing them ... yet when you have to make one screen shot and describe the bug everyone cba. Lovely :lol:

Well you could start by providing the admins with these bugs, as the admins don't know all of them probably. Then perhaps the admins could talk about if they're legimate to use or not. Don't put all the work on the admins and consider what you can do to help them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.