I hope the next IAC is more fun.....

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I unsigned and then I made myself available. I am in 1 of the teams if you looked :) I know the nonsignees are to blame but if a little effort was put in to get them involved then maybe this thread wouldnt exist.

ow i c, hm ye smant talked to fuck everybody, im afraid that didnt help.

8 are u that busy that u cant take part in little cup that is important for that 'community'?

You are missing maybe 2 properly active people from -8- for IAC, the rest and especially those listed by Torp dont play that often in organised games.
Im sure if you wanted they could signup but they would most likely not play and Eng will then just be moaned about as being -8- team, but as Torp said I have to chase them repeatedly to play matches for -8- when needed so without anyone doing that for IAC they wont bother.

You are missing maybe 2 properly active people from -8- for IAC, the rest and especially those listed by Torp dont play that often in organised games.
Im sure if you wanted they could signup but they would most likely not play and Eng will then just be moaned about as being -8- team, but as Torp said I have to chase them repeatedly to play matches for -8- when needed so without anyone doing that for IAC they wont bother.
Why do you act like an allknowing oracle mym? You aren't, you can't read dutch and you don't know how we divided the teams. Sure we could divide the teams even more over 4 teams, but afaik we didnt put all good players in one team, i think we could make a better team than there are now. The only problem is that we dont have more good players to be divided over 4 teams. We wanted two teams with chances to compete in the cup, so we made nl1 and nl2, which are equal imo. You know much, but don't assume things too early m8!

Why do you act like an allknowing oracle mym? You aren't, you can't read dutch and you don't know how we divided the teams. Sure we could divide the teams even more over 4 teams, but afaik we didnt put all good players in one team, i think we could make a better team than there are now. The only problem is that we dont have more good players to be divided over 4 teams. We wanted two teams with chances to compete in the cup, so we made nl1 and nl2, which are equal imo. You know much, but don't assume things too early m8!

I think thats true..:)

Well I'm afraid although that system sounds in theory quite nice,
Yeah, theory is a wonderful thing :)

The objective of the cup is to have a laugh, meet some new people, maybe learn some new things and play with people you don't usually play with/against. So far I hope most people have been able to do that and will continue to do so :)

I've certainly met some nice peeps, and I hope me being a misserable old fart hasn't spoilt their fun too much :)

Enjoy the rest of the cup.

You should of quoted my other post not this one, it would make more sense then :lol:

I really dont care how you did your teams it makes no difference to me, likewise I dont need to be able to read dutch to see what the teams are, I wasnt overly worried about your motives for selection. :D
My comment was purely that some people are complaining/remarking that not all the country teams are balanced, NL is in a better position than most in that they had a lot of people signed up and a good percentage of those are above average standard it allows them to spread them about more, Eng and a lot of the other countries didnt have that luxury.

You cant tell me Petez that by looking at your team lists as an outsider you wouldnt make an assumption that youve biased the skill level for some of your teams, I used nl4 and nl1 as examples as to me they look the most different but I dont know all the players that well, US teams I know even less well otherwise I may have used them as an example.

Im assuming even from your post that youve made a divide with 2 slightly better teams and two slightly more fun teams, yes you have 4 teams but there still seems to be a skill divide between some of them which is the same as other teams being complained about youve just done a slightly better job of combining people but I still dont think NL should be used as a model example of how to make all your teams even.

All my first post was about is that its easier for nl to make a selection of teams compared to others, no need to get so defensive as it wasnt an attack on nl just a defense for the team selection of other countries that didnt have a big number of signups and cant make a large number of teams, a lot of people would still like to be competitive with their team selection

Eng would probably of had more of a mix if we didnt try and field 3 teams, I think we have maybe 6 available ppl in each team so its kind of our own fault its not mixed although you would have to divide players by their competitiveness as well as skill as you would make for some arguments if you had ppl that only wanted to win and those that only wanted a laugh. Im also pretty sure that nobody requested how the teams should be divided up and it was kind of left to the last minute, you cant expect things to be how you like if its a rushed decision unfortunately.

Ofcourse not, but i dont think that was the point of this thread m8. I think that thrasher means that he likes teams that are balanced.. not just good players put into one team and the rest into another. We tried to make at least 2 competetive teams. We could have built one team with all top players in it like swedens team. IMO it isnt hard for them to win this IAC, but then again, i couldn't care much more than i do now :p:

You are right, there is a skillgap between nl1 and 2 and nl3 and 4. It isnt really possible to make four competetive teams because what has been pointed out already: 1 player cant make a difference. Thats why we chose to make two balanced teams instead of spreading good players into four teams losing every match. Anyway, weathers good, beer aswell, hf :wave: !

I know the nonsignees are to blame but if a little effort was put in to get them involved then maybe this thread wouldnt exist.

seas_ said:
ow i c, hm ye smant talked to fuck everybody, im afraid that didnt help.[/quote

A little more than just "a little" effort was put in to finding people to play. I PM'd a lot of people, particularly from R-C who was in the HZ at the time, I talked with a lot of "retired" players like SkullSquasher, Cutter and Zola and I had countless conversations on IRC with just about everybody and I talked with a majority of the -8- members. ClouD wanted very much to play and was considering captaining Eng1 but he had some problems with vacation and Th@ B0SS didn't want to play unless I could tell him there would be fantastic prizes. The majority of active -8- players are playing, MyM, XB, Farac, dirz, QQ and yako so we really can't blame -8- and I don't see why you want to in the first place. In fact I think the only clans without anyone participating are iD and GaG, so blame them :P

This problem cant be solved easily....
For the not so good players its no fun losing to uber teams naturaly.
But on the other hand its no fun for the "uber" players to lose cos the rest of the team aint there level...

For me the fun of such an event is the challange. Of course its about fun, but having ultra ballanced teams would be rather boring as well cos theres no exact challange and the results would be rather random. However trying to do as good as possible adds to this challange. Maybe you wont win or even get far, but ull properbly improve and surpass urself.

actually many players cba to play in teams with less skilled players. They wanna win the tournament and you gotta face it, fun and balance the ''unfair'' teams in each groups aint the only ''problem''. The ppl wanna still win the cup thats why they are participating I guess. People wanna show what they got and stuff, mostly it's not possible with less skilled, less active players.

But I cant see where the moaning about some teams are anyway. Every team had the opportunity to vote several players in their team. If you had any problems with dis you coulda talked to your Leader of your country.

Obviously it's as well that many players from last cup aint even taking part in this one and I mean good players.

Maybe we can solve this tiny problem for the cup '08. Actually you gotta make more Signs, more Ads. Majority didnt even know there is a fuckn cup. The only thing we had was a gay thread in forum. Many ppl aint even checking the forums anymore but like to play the cup i guess.

I hope for more organization and stuff like that next time. It's like torp said, the cup is kind of boring and you dont even feel like it's IAC-time. Feels like it's not even started

goin to bed it's late :redeye:

:wave:

actually many players cba to play in teams with less skilled players. They wanna win the tournament and you gotta face it, fun and balance the ''unfair'' teams in each groups aint the only ''problem''. The ppl wanna still win the cup thats why they are participating I guess. People wanna show what they got and stuff, mostly it's not possible with less skilled, less active players.

But I cant see where the moaning about some teams are anyway. Every team had the opportunity to vote several players in their team. If you had any problems with dis you coulda talked to your Leader of your country.

Obviously it's as well that many players from last cup aint even taking part in this one and I mean good players.

Maybe we can solve this tiny problem for the cup '08. Actually you gotta make more Signs, more Ads. Majority didnt even know there is a fuckn cup. The only thing we had was a gay thread in forum. Many ppl aint even checking the forums anymore but like to play the cup i guess.

I hope for more organization and stuff like that next time. It's like torp said, the cup is kind of boring and you dont even feel like it's IAC-time. Feels like it's not even started

goin to bed it's late :redeye:

:wave:
errrm i dont think so, many players just play this for fun, why would u wanna win this cup anyway, it doesnt reflect the best teams anyway :o

And tbh, we can't put the best players on each team. It's mathematically impossible since mercing is not allowed. There's only one of me to go around :o

errrm i dont think so, many players just play this for fun, why would u wanna win this cup anyway, it doesnt reflect the best teams anyway :o

sorry if you missunderstood me a bit. Fun is important but as well you play this to win the tourney dont you? If else do you play in this cup, cant be just for fun tbh. fun is good but shouldnt be the only reason for participating :P

This problem cant be solved easily....
For the not so good players its no fun losing to uber teams naturaly.
But on the other hand its no fun for the "uber" players to lose cos the rest of the team aint there level...

For me the fun of such an event is the challange. Of course its about fun, but having ultra ballanced teams would be rather boring as well cos theres no exact challange and the results would be rather random. However trying to do as good as possible adds to this challange. Maybe you wont win or even get far, but ull properbly improve and surpass urself.

I don't understand why it would be boring....havening a competition where EVERY team feels it has some sort of chance of getting somewhere is surely far better than the current competition where only 1/3 of the teams they feel they can get somewhere ?
Every match would be a good challenge, no David v Golliath matches, some good 3hr 7-7 matches fought really hard. 8-0 scores are so Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz for both teams.