I hope the next IAC is more fun.....

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

lol, actually we had some good fights against swe2 and nl4, which could be alot closer but we had the luck on our side, thats how it goes.

Sorry Thrasher.. Cup admins really can't dictate who plays on which squad, although I encouraged captains to try to make their country teams as even as possible. Netherlands, Sweden, USA have all done a pretty good job with making some very competitive teams which include all their players, both div1 and div2. I'm very sorry but it seems like you're a victim of the poor organization that England had and the fact that you guys didn't have teams finalized till well after the deadline because no one stood up and was willing to just get it done. As for mixing the teams with skilled and "not as skilled" players, that's fun and I like that idea but it gets the skilled players frustrated (like players get when I'm on their team in pug :P) and it leads to less competition within the cup. This year's cup is set to be incredibly competitive between Scotland, England, Holland and Sweden, and in my opinion every country has a good shot at winning/doing well. This cup isn't designed to express our negative feelings about our countries/teams or other countries/teams/players, but we've all signed up to have fun and in the end it's what you make of it :)

Let's all have some fun :D :thumb:

Brb updating rules to read "Match format turned to StdProAS - 100% friendly fire on Bartio & no one else" :P

Thanks for the input Smantie.
I appreciate that "nationally" there is some good competition to win, and the final will be an interesting match, as long as it's based in skill & not lag.

I have no idea how the teams can be ballanced well. Maybe each player is awarded a skill rating, and no team is allowed to have more than a certain total skill rating (sum total of all it's member skills). But then the problem there is that teams are made up of more than 5 players and we all know not everyone will be available for every match.

I just wanted to come up with some system that made it so teams were better ballanced so more peeps had more fun. Part of my frustration is caused by the lack lustre way peeps can wander from team to team untill they think they have a good team to play with. Eng3 just felt like we were all the players no one else wanted. I don't mean any disrespect to the Eng3 members, cos they were a nice bunch of guys 'n' gals, they turned up for the slaughter, were on TS etc and I think we were unlucky with our match draws. DB did his best to try and keep the team focussed & motivated, but I lost heart.

I don't know about "less competition" with ballanced teams tho.... I thought it would make the competition wider and more available. I understand that the more skilled players may have moments of frustration, but if faced with a similarly skilled team then everyone should feel they stand a chance.

GL & HF

nl teams are balanced? how is nl4 anywhere near the same as nl1, the only difference is there are more teams within nl squad to blurr that divide.

Plus its all well and good balancing teams but when a country only has one team then its not possible to have that balanced, they then gain an advantage that could ruin games and youll end up with teams deciding that instead of splitting their numbers theyll just make one big squad so as to keep a lot of people together.

This IAC is a lot less competitive than last time IMO but youll still get people that winning is their main concern.

As for mixing teams with skill ratings, although in principle its a good idea you would also have to factor in availability, atm Eng1 for example has a lot of semi active people so you could end up picking skilled players that cant play.

Last edited:
I have no idea how the teams can be ballanced well. Maybe each player is awarded a skill rating, and no team is allowed to have more than a certain total skill rating (sum total of all it's member skills).
Well I'm afraid although that system sounds in theory quite nice, if I decide that Farac has 5 skill, Morpheus has 1 skill and I have 10 skill (10 being the best of course) it is based on admin interpretation. Although every one of us is trying our best, my view of Morph's skill may be completely different than Brajan's view of Morph's skill which might in turn be completely different from Morph's actual skill (yer not likely :D :P). Plus many players are returning to UTA for this cup and have not played in a long time. How am I supposed to judge a nice guy like Nanko's skill when he hasn't been active in UTA for two years? I think that system would be more ultimately unfair than the system we have now, where the player-captains pick the teams. That also helps ensure the players are more or less compatible with one another, such as many of Swe1 players being old clanmates :)

I just wanted to come up with some system that made it so teams were better ballanced so more peeps had more fun. Part of my frustration is caused by the lack lustre way peeps can wander from team to team untill they think they have a good team to play with. Eng3 just felt like we were all the players no one else wanted. I don't mean any disrespect to the Eng3 members, cos they were a nice bunch of guys 'n' gals, they turned up for the slaughter, were on TS etc and I think we were unlucky with our match draws. DB did his best to try and keep the team focussed & motivated, but I lost heart.
I'm truly sorry to hear that and I hope you understand that's not the objective of the cup. I feel very badly that you feel like Eng3 is composed of "leftovers" and I do hope the people responsible for making the England teams realize what's going on. Ideally in my mind a country would choose to have balanced teams or decide to put up one "1337" team and the rest mixed teams. The choice really isn't/wasn't up to the admins though, since as I explained there is no fair way to regulate it so everyone wins.

I don't know about "less competition" with ballanced teams tho.... I thought it would make the competition wider and more available. I understand that the more skilled players may have moments of frustration, but if faced with a similarly skilled team then everyone should feel they stand a chance.
The term "less competition" was merely referring to the idea that a match such as >swap< v. Mi5 is "more competitive" due to the fact that there's greater skill involved. With a mixed teams there could certainly be a great deal of competition, and hopefully equal competition at that with matches being much closer as well, but I think the end result is that those highly-skilled players will feel pretty alone. Plus, what happens if something happens and our top player can't make it to the match? That doesn't help the competition much in my opinion. I absolutely agree with you though that teams ought to feel like they stand a chance. The objective of the cup is to have a laugh, meet some new people, maybe learn some new things and play with people you don't usually play with/against. So far I hope most people have been able to do that and will continue to do so :)

But you shouldn't have to field your own clan....ffs the idea is for a change of scenery and to meet some new peeps. :(

PUG is one of the best things to happen to UTA, before it came I would hear of peeps like Petez, DJ, Mc etc etc and never have the foggiest idea what they were like 'cos there was no way I would ever be at their level.
Thanks to PUG I get to chat to these guys....and teach them some suicide skills and it's normally a good laugh.
The IAC should be like an uber PUG with well balanced teams and fun for all.
(P.S. Petez is always pissed and giggles all through PUG matches :lol:)

The organisation behind the IAC is impecable and the hard work of those guys is very much appreciated, but it is wasted while so few peeps actually enjoy taking part.

3/4 from DK, Norway, Finland squad is [NAC].
dont really care that we loss, ive been having some fun, and got to talk sum danish on teamspeak :D

Anyway, may the best country win ...

If this league continues to survive this year and start in 08 which i truely hope it does then maybe we could do it again and no you have brought this up in discussion admins at that time can take that into consideration. Though this time around there are not as many players in the cup so to balance teams some countrys may not wanna do that :/ But ofc some did. Did i say Sco>all?

Or shud i say, OI DJ Sco>swe

The way it seems to me this year it is as if it isnt even going on.

The group stages last year were so much better and there was more competition. I think it will pick up when the groups are over though. I think teams are OK tbh, but I think more effort could have been done to get people to sign who havent done. Like majority of 8 for example, would have joined if they were asked again and again (anni, drag, riv, cloud, syl, kt)

thats bullshit torp, thats just the "cannot be arsed" attiude of some guys who cud play, that kills everything.

ofc this iac looks/looked desperate, because there arent shitloads of actives, but u unsigning doesnt help..