help pls

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

i cant get your pic to load up mate, on this crappy crappy network of ours i'll go downstairs and look at it, meanwhile heres some polak beams, ive only spent 40 mins on this room so it needs a hell of alot of work but heres it so far...

Attachments

• shot0128.jpg
    shot0128.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 161
woh v nice ceiling pinhead :eek: I'll attempt to copy it for the last part of the map if u dont mind :D

and jwer theres 3 trees in that piccy fs bowdown :P

thnx for the piccies and ideas u lot i'll go and make the map look a bit more 1337 now ;)

lol ok thnx pinhead i'll make it look different I'll only take some of the concepts from it ;) In my level its gonna have to be a runway type thing so you prolly wont recognise it anyhoo :)

Mutley, uhmm, in the second screenshot.. the door looks like it doesn't really belong there.

The textures in the door don't quite fit together with the textures on the walls. Other than that, ace looking map. Good job m8.

Originally posted by kooma
Mutley, uhmm, in the second screenshot.. the door looks like it doesn't really belong there.

The textures in the door don't quite fit together with the textures on the walls. Other than that, ace looking map. Good job m8.

yer lol i was thinking the same thing... what does a skaarj texture do in the middle of a SSMetal textured place :P

Originally posted by Humph
thats one big ass poly count :\
I see BSP errors...They talk to me and want me to do things for them...:cow:

Last edited:
anyone know some nice sites for unrealed tutorials and stuff wanna learn it all again..

did some basic dm maps a while back.

yeah download the all in one offline + index, worked great for me :D and btw, what were you going on about Paa, you being an "experienced mapper" :p:

i like my skarj door, it does look out of place tho i'll just retexture it :P and i havent got any homs or bsp holes at this point doc not quite sure what u mean :\

i have 391 mate atm i think bsp holes are more to do with the poly/node ratio and semisolids:solids from my experience anyway.

why do u say over 500 causes probs?

heyo :wave: that is a beautiful map n the polys dnt really make a difference on my machine which isnt exactly speedy, looks good n plays like a beaut especially in the low grav tower n outside :D

textures are a bit shite, keep tryin bruv!

its a bit easy but then again i did play against mutts n hes shite :p

poods :mingun: :cool:

bless, a map he finally likes.....5th time lucky fs :P

jwer could we test the fps again soon please i think i may have overdone the outdoors, u siad it was fine last time which confused me but it has "slightly" more detail now not alot at all tho, still i'd like to finish the map in the next few weeks so the sooner we test the better :)

also launching from the ledge is impossible with a 2 man launch it needs 2 launchers.....not sure if thats what u wanted.