help pls

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Muttley

Sep 11, 2001
England
the builder brush has deleted itself from my level, ive tried replaceing the unrealed.ini but the ed just crashes when i try and configure the view ports, anyone know how to get the builder brush back?

all i was doing was altering its scaling via the advanced options....the brush still shows up in other maps just not my latest version and i dont want to revert back to an older version if possible, any ideas?

hmmm had that too some time ago.. thow I didn't kno a solution either... mayb if I try an open the file here on my comp, and then save it, and send it back :rolleyes:

yep ive tried creating a new 1, inverting selection twice and tried moving around the ed but it just makes my p4 1.8 have a hernia.

I've posted on leveldesigner.com if 1 of them come up with a solution i'll post it, i hate gay bugs like this.

i've gone back to an older version so no matter now.

I've got a question for u pinhead if u wouldnt mind answering, I'm working on the indoors of my level and im having the same problem i always have and that is the ceilings always look boring is there any advice you could give me on how to make ceilings look good and flow well.

I have ways of getting round the box feeling of the rooms by using the 2d ed to round of corners etc its just the ceilings im stuck on, ive noticed on other peeps levels they let u see alot less of the ceilings and theyre alot more layered than mine but i'm still struggling to put it into practice.

any advice would be much appreciated :)

errm u culd put some wires (textures) or make a broken ceiling like subtract a part of it, and make it just as if a part of ceiling fell off and lays on the ground :) ....can't really tell have to c it :P

lights i have :P i always do lights tho and pillars, I'll u/l the latest beta to jwer when he shows up and u can get it of him if u want, I cant really do a broken ceiling cos its a fairly crisp looking texture set and it looks like a well kept base :P ang on i'll go and get a screenie and u can see what i mean by dull ceilings.

screeny 4 of the outside im not sure if this looks dull or not tbh i cant add many more polygons tho for the sake of peeps wiv slow computers...

Attachments

• screeny5.jpg
    screeny5.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 157
cool piccies i was trying to make some beams last night but they looked crap so i deleted them, i'll try and get some from those piccies in there i have a room which could use them (which i was too embarrassed to show a screenie of) ;)

wow you added one tree mutts you 1337 f00k4h

don't overdo it :p:

and if you want me to browse through some textures i got to check for cool ceilings lemme know

edit: i ment off course, if you want me to kick snuggs to look for cool ceiling textures lemme know

or you culd use your 1337 skillz to copy this 1337 ceiling I made :D

1337ceiling.jpg