Gay Marriage

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Maybe there homosexuals that dont offend me, Ive not met all yet.

Er...what? So it's not their homosexuality that offends you then? And if it is, then surely you'd be offended by all homosexuals, in which case you don't need to have met them to know whether or not they'll offend you. Arg I'm lost...

sobo said:
well you are man and woman though. IMO you are a proper couple. You can obviously by birth or by an accident not have children. so it is a physical issue, that you obviously couldnt influence yourself.
Is homosexuality an influence that you can control yourself? Nope.

I dont put anyone there that Ive not personnaly met, my opinions are based on my personal experiences. Maybe there homosexuals that dont offend me, Ive not met all yet. :P
So what are your "personal experiences" if you do have any?

sobo said:
well you are man and woman though. IMO you are a proper couple. You can obviously by birth or by an accident not have children. so it is a physical issue, that you obviously couldnt influence yourself.

lol. you just showed that whether the couple can produce children is not the issue here. It's about your own personal dislike for an entire group of people,

You seem to be under some sort of illusion that homosexuals choose to be attracted to their own sex - it's not true. Whether someone is straight or gay is no more a lifestyle choice than whether they have blue or brown eyes, and it is *utterly* wrong for you to start denouncing them as not normal simply because they are different from you.

sobo said:
I dont put anyone there that Ive not personnaly met, my opinions are based on my personal experiences. Maybe there homosexuals that dont offend me, Ive not met all yet. :P

So what happened? nasty gay guy stick his dick up yer bum? :rofl:

sobo said:
On a separate note, the quote in your signature isnt exactly wide minded. It classes religious people as unintelligent (or 'stupid').

yep, that's right. belief in something without any evidence is stupid. There is no evidence for a god (and a great deal of evidence that there is no god) therefore, people who believe in god are stupid. it's a much more rationally supported argument than your views on homosexuals!

is this i-got-a-grudge-against-religion-topic still alive...cause it should say in the topic title "i hate god" in stead of gatmarriage

i am just curious anybody have any decent links to support the "gay people are born that way" theory?
I am in no way a gay basher but i do believe it's a choice, even if they don't agree with me, aint it the result of upbringing, who you know etc?? Alright maybe not a choice but a result of a certain amount of influences?

ProPain said:
I am in no way a gay basher but i do believe it's a choice, even if they don't agree with me, aint it the result of upbringing, who you know etc?? Alright maybe not a choice but a result of a certain amount of influences?

If it was for upbringing, wouldn't it be an impossibility for straight parents to have gay children? Of course influences play some part in one's development but I doubt it's a very large factor when speaking about sexual orientation.

It might seem that a person's sexuality is a trinary function, you're either straight, gay or bi. However, I believe it to have more variation than just that since most people do have thoughts of the sexual kind towards their own sex in some part of their lives without ever thinking about actually putting those thoughts into effect.

Reactions: CeCe and ProPain
good point imo, i would tend to agree on that.
Just curious why some people say , you are born that way , i've always thought of it as a combination of factors
then again i am in no way an expert.

ProPain said:
good point imo, i would tend to agree on that.
Just curious why some people say , you are born that way , i've always thought of it as a combination of factors
then again i am in no way an expert.

Possibly because homosexuality and other things such as alcoholism have been studied more and are now being theorized as being of genetic origin aswell. From what I've studied, neither case have their roots completely in genetics and surroundings definitely play a certain role in it as well. But what goes for alcoholism, for example, I believe surroundings matter much more than with sexuality; because alcoholism is found more in certain social ranks so the children of uneducated, poor and alcoholic parents most probably will end up being alcoholics themselves just because of the social structure in which they are born into.

ProPain said:
i am just curious anybody have any decent links to support the "gay people are born that way" theory?

i do believe it's a choice aswell. not an easy one, but imo a choice that everyone COULD and should chose against, because:

1. they should think of nature (or god if they are religious)
2. they want my respect, just as any other normal person

Reactions: sobo
ehhhh well yeah i thought mute pointed out pretty well that it happens in nature aswell
as for wanting your respect, i dont think people will think about earning your respect if they would have to make that choice. I was just saying that i think of it as a choice, i could be very wrong and if somebody can support that theory with some links/proof i will be happy to change my way of thinking.

If it is a choice, then i am sure they wont take your 2 points in account when choosing for life happyness.

that was a general phrase. luckily, there's alot of persons beside me that think like me and don't respect gay people.

and for the nature argument: if they use that as an argument, they are in my opinion not smarter than the certain animal they are refering to.

13000th post in a gay thread, yay... :x

Ice said:
i do believe it's a choice aswell. not an easy one, but imo a choice that everyone COULD and should chose against, because:

1. they should think of nature (or god if they are religious)
2. they want my respect, just as any other normal person

1. What part of nature should they be thinking of? Animals such as some birds, beetles, sheep, dolphins and orangutans have been witnessed of having sex with their own sex.

2. Getting the respect of a person whose thoughts and opinions can't be backed up by anything else than the good old "I don't know why but I just know it's wrong" argument values to zero in my book.

Ice said:
and for the nature argument: if they use that as an argument, they are in my opinion not smarter than the certain animal they are refering to.

Care to back that up or is this just another "if you don't agree with me, you're just stupid" thing?

it's called opinion and if you read my posts, you would know that i am in no way offended if others (straight people) don't share it.

animals kill each other. i would have fun killing certain people, yet i hold back and don't do it. can't they do the same?

only difference is that killing is illegal, being gay isn't.

Ice said:
it's called opinion and if you read my posts, you would know that i am in no way offended if others (straight people) don't share it.

You might not be offended by it but you shouldn't expect much respect for your thoughts from other people either if your opinions can't be backed up by any kind of reasoning but just a feeling in the back of your head.

Ice said:
animals kill each other. i would have fun killing certain people, yet i hold back and don't do it. can't they do the same?

only difference is that killing is illegal, being gay isn't.

I don't understand how this has anything to do with what we were talking about but to answer your question: animals have their own set of laws based on evolution and instinct. An animal kills for a sole reason, which is to survive and breed. Be it when they hunt for prey, defend themselves against predators or when males kill the newborn of their mates that were bred by another male.

I don't understand how killing people and being gay relate to each other so could you reform what you said so that I can understand what you're saying?

ProPain said:

I could easily imagine that there are different cases, genetic AND social pressures, etc.

I had a friend who was convinced he was gay and spent a weekend getting it on with the friend who helped him realise it, with the help of copious amounts of drugs apparently. Two weeks later, after a long drugs comedown, he decided he wasn't and had a nervous breakdown coming to terms with the "experiences" of that weekend.

What's the point of that little story? No idea but maybe some stuff is psychological and I could quite easily imagine that some people are drawn to the same sex over an inability to deal with the opposite one (especially men, let's be honest we're the most perverted, insecure, twisted of the two sexes by far :) )

The end result is the same though, and people should be supported in living how they want to if they're expected to be productive members of society.

And a quick shout to Ice for the bigegst laugh I've had this week with the killing/gay argument. LOL

kooma said:
I don't understand how killing people and being gay relate to each other

There's no need for humans to kill eachother ( Yet they do, which is wrong [in my opinion, hope you agree] ).
There's no need for humans to be gay ( paste/copy from above ).

Of course we do alot of things that are not needed, but these are too elementarily.

Last edited:
There's no need for humans to be gay

Ice, this is a nonsense statement. It's like saying there is no need for trousers to have ears. If you were attracted to men then you'd definitely understand why you needed to be. You're attracted to women, but do you think there's no need for that to be the case? Or do you mean there's no need purely because gay men can't procreate?

Btw, if the argument is heading that way, this discussion may eventually include lesbians and why there should be no need for them. And I'm afraid I can't allow that :P :cool:

JACKEL said:
is this i-got-a-grudge-against-religion-topic still alive...cause it should say in the topic title "i hate god" in stead of gatmarriage
There has been very little "I hate your fairy man in the sky" in this thread recently Jackel, its been Ice and Sobo saying that being gay is against nature - apart from the other natural things that are gay of course, and that nature shouldnt be used as an ideal as that would be silly, but still, you shouldnt be gay as its against nature.

PP, I should be able to get you some links about the "gay gene" later on - there has (and probably will be) a fair amount of debate as to whether sexuality is nature or nurture. As far as I know there is evidence both ways, I think there is more for the nature side.