gatlGun - General Comments / Suggestions

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

This only really applies to clans with their own server but if they know the other team have a lot of players who are very good with mini whats to stop them from nerfing it, or on the other hand u know ur good with mini then u can raise it. Its not ur server so its hard to complain and how do u put rules in place to combat that? thats why imo configurable is bad for league use.

However as Timo said this is basically a public or test version and not, nor will it ever be league valid that point is mute.

Well, my impression was that once a certain profile is found to be the most satisfactory, it would be approved for official use in league matches; why are your saying this will never get approved for league matches, doesn't that almost offset the whole point of all this work?
As far as the mutator itself, I think if we end up with 2-3 final profiles as alternatives, I am guessing they could be hardcoded in the mutator itself, and be available as choices when the server is configured, and clearly visible. That way, the teams can agree on what setup they want, and go ahead with it, sort of like any other mod/settings we use (broadcast, zp etc). If that is too hard, then just go with one profile I guess, hence make it non configurable, but just make sure that it addresses the current issues.

Chill

:rofl: hehehe what next flak arena , sniper arena , chainsaw arena. I dont feel adding it as an option of choice when bookings wars a great idia :/
Hope that one setting can be found but remember there are as many who want weeker mini as there are who want to keep it as it is.
This sort of thing can have a big impact on the league good or bad who knows. Keep pugging so you can feel the differance / pro's and con's not sure if there is a vote on this but a public one would be nice to see how things are recieved.

Nice work and thx to all giveing there time to this project :D

when I say 'this' mutator will never be available im going by what im assuming Timo means in his earlier posts in that this mutator as it stands in its configurable form will not be acceptable for league use, a new hardcoded to leagueAS-SP unchanegable or equivalent will be released based on the settings agreed upon from those tested.

A new setting got implemented on the pug server right? (this friday or saturday?)
It would be a good idea to post it up so ppl actually know whats going on.

My impressions:
Lol no lockdown. After all these years... omg Im gonna cry.
It's still FUCKING strong.

Ingame it means people will actually have to aim properly to make it hit. So sniper/enforcer are stronger now predictably. Still minigun is idiotically strong. The thing that I noticed most is that highpingers are harder to hit (impossible?) especially when hammer jumping. Perhaps it was a fluke but in the pugs I played highpingers dominated especially getting objectives.

From a tactical point of view this changes: pretty much nothing. mindless spawning with minigun is still encouraged.

How about uzi's suggestion to lower the damage and leave (some) lockdown in? It would still make minigun a viable weapon but doesnt overpower it damage wise. And it will still be decent vs a sniper. (who will be forced to adjust aim due to lockdown.) My feeling is you guys are probably trying to keep minigun as powerful as it is while adressing the issues around is. The point is however that the damage needs to be lowered. Removing lockdown completely will just shift the balance to snipe. Keeping the damage high will just keep as at a standstill tactically. However at least the highpingers have a job right now (get the obj sliders!).

lets try this in 2 weeks?
(eventhough you should have followed uzi's suggestion from the start. as much as I appreciate the trails it looks like you're being biased. no others have provided suggestions yet you insist on not implementing his.)

wonder what others think of the new changes.

Actually there are 4 (5 if you include PureStats) "profiles" in total including uZi's, and since uZi was last to provide a suggested settings list, his can wait.

Less accusations and more realisation please.

Last edited:
Seems some people are quick to make judgement and have their say rather than read the whole thread.

There are currently two profiles to be tested, one that simulates CB12 settings and one with settings Uzi has suggested, I had been planning to enable one of these profiles tomorrow or day after although I had hoped the LAS bugs could be fixed before we went ahead :P

See, says there are more than 1 profile and that one of them is Uzi's, this I think has since been revised and there is now 3-4 profiles. Please point out where it says we insist on not trialing his proposed settings.

No there isnt a new profile running on the server. The topic in #utapug shows what profile is being tested and it hasnt been changed. The profile hasnt been changed yet due to a new gatl being implemented for the message fixes, im assuming youre jumping to conclusions that the new gatl is the new profile when infact the gatl does every profile, we dont need a new one each time.

There is no problem with ppl asking questions but it would be more helpful if ppl worded their comments as such.

current one makes mini feel like a rubber ducky no damage at all :/

Sorry but you ruin a game with that bullshit mini atm.

You weight maps new!

The current mini does not make damage..........

I like to be able to kill people with my minigun too. I think the current gatgun on pug is 17... I think I used 18 on =]DoG[= Private today and it wasn't too bad but still a little weak.. I'd like to go switch to that because it seems like the current setting just isn't working for people :)

tbh i wanted to test my settings on a server with 8-12 people who are able to provide actual constructive criticism... and tweak it according, however this still hasnt happened.

I'm still prepared to do this, using noob server if i have to.. will try and organise something soonish

my settings gave around 15-16 shots per second if i remember right, and i believe i suggested 7 damage per shot.. I think this is a little on the weak side, and probably needs a bit of a tweak

my worry is that ammo runs out too quickly, so a balance between lower damage per shot, and not having to use a full minigun to kill one person, needs to be found

also, i am not convinced the nolockdown setting copied from CB12 actually worked.. at least from the testing i did a few weeks ago using version 14 of gatl gun.. if you wanna send me the latest version, assuming it is still tweakable, then ill be happy to try it out on noob server

about nolockdown... I hadn't been locked down until tonight when I pugged, even when 2 or 3 ppl were mini-ing me... imp locked me down once for one bullet with mini... I think that's fine and I think that's a good thing if the minigun can still lock down occasionally. If that's now how the settings are supposed to work, something might be wrong. If that is how the settings are supposed to work, awesome.

The code for gatl and CB12 is identical from a NoLockdown perspective uZi.

CB12 NoLockdown doesn't actually work, and it never did; so many people find it so easy to jump on the bandwagon for CB12, but find it hard to face the reality that the NoLockdown element just doesn't fix the problem, only reduces it.

It is still hard to dodge out of minigun fire with CB12, as it is with the normal minigun, however hammer jumping is less prohibited by it due to the lack of momentum sent from each bullet.

It's fun to see alot of players struggling when the mini's damage is lowered like it was in yesterdays PUG. Good work weirdo, finally some weaponbalance. Say hi to the flakcannon! :lol:

But I don't want to say hi to the flak cannon :(

imo, the mini needs to be just a tad stronger like maybe only 1 or 2 dph.

surely the point isn't to make the double enforcers more effective than minigun tho? :o