gatlGun - General Comments / Suggestions

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ive been playing UT for 8 years and i still dont know what lockdown is ... i trhink you are making a fuss over nothing..

^^Give this man a medal, nobody was even concerned about lockdown at the height of this league, back when there was 7/8/9 divisions nobody cared. This is just some DMers who happen to play Assault moaning that its not the same. And Laggy North Americans *cough*HTML*cough* who cant compete directly cause of ping difference so they are trying to take advantage by using hammerjumping vs nolockdown. The only fix needed is the 1 that when u are in the air u get shot and move immeditely to the ground.

Looks like the repbot is unable to show any minigun kills at all. Example:

[00:32:40] <utaPugRep> 3:02 : ->swap<-Añgêl put a bullet through .pDm.Fury!'s head.
[00:32:44] <utaPugRep> 2:58 :
[00:32:49] <utaPugRep> 2:53 :
[00:32:53] <utaPugRep> 2:49 :
[00:32:53] <utaPugRep> Red 3 - 3 Blue | AS-Ballistic | Time Remaining: 02:49 | Blue are attacking.
[00:33:05] <utaPugRep> 2:37 :
[00:33:06] <utaPugRep> 2:37 :
[00:33:06] <utaPugRep> 2:36 :
[00:33:06] <utaPugRep> 2:36 :
[00:33:08] <utaPugRep> 2:34 :
[00:33:09] <utaPugRep> 2:33 :
[00:33:13] <utaPugRep> 2:29 : ->swap<-Añgêl put a bullet through puma.1948's head.
[00:33:20] <utaPugRep> 2:22 : jaha was smacked down by Ñôåm Çhøm§kÿ's Rocket Launcher.

lots of empty entries, dunno if the new gatlgun causes it but at least I didn't notice anything fishy before gatlgun was added :o
lol then the pugbot will be missing 99% of data since thats only wpn ppl use now :teehee:

And Laggy North Americans *cough*HTML*cough* who cant compete directly cause of ping difference so they are trying to take advantage by using hammerjumping vs nolockdown.

don't go and generalise about north americans, even in NA when ppl we're playing I was recognized as a crap fragger and very hj/tactic oriented. And it's not like we want to take any advantage, we already play and find it funnier with nolockdown and 30 ping. But I do think that maybe CB12's damage reduction was a bit too much and it lead to a major increase in the use of dbl enfos+sniper. Perhaps a reduction in overall dps (perhaps between actual settings and cb12) + removing lockdown entirely could create a gatl gun that makes ut a game thats even funnier to play.

and btw weirdo I still want to know exactly what you meant by your hp= dp *0.35 or something. cuz im confused a little :hangover:

don't go and generalise about north americans, even in NA when ppl we're playing I was recognized as a crap fragger and very hj/tactic oriented. And it's not like we want to take any advantage, we already play and find it funnier with nolockdown and 30 ping. But I do think that maybe CB12's damage reduction was a bit too much and it lead to a major increase in the use of dbl enfos+sniper. Perhaps a reduction in overall dps (perhaps between actual settings and cb12) + removing lockdown entirely could create a gatl gun that makes ut a game thats even funnier to play.

and btw weirdo I still want to know exactly what you meant by your hp= dp *0.35 or something. cuz im confused a little :hangover:

guess what i dont want the game to be funnier, if it was any funnier then i wouldnt be able to play anymore

:yawn: just remove minigun ......enough said. The pug server is like CUTTING GRASS even my kids can mini :/ plz can you turn it down :P

Last edited:
Perhaps a reduction in overall dps (perhaps between actual settings and cb12) + removing lockdown entirely could create a gatl gun that makes ut a game thats even funnier to play.

Why are you still in favor of removing lockdown? Every sensible conclusion to lockdown threads that concluded was use this gatgun to reduce lockdown but not eliminate it. Lockdown has it's place in the game and some people just aren't looking to see it go. Like I've said before I'm pro-lockdown but see no problem in reducing it to a rate which is more playable so that those opposed to it can get along.

Do not leave it as it was ffs! You guys are finally testing some minigun stuff out to solve the horrible lockdown and the unrealistic power of it, good job. It might go shit / feel shit for most of the players messing around with the minigun (aka what they tend to use most of the time) which means u get a container full of shit on ur work. Anyway keep on the good work - remove lockdown etc., try reducing damage, etc - it seems that the settings are buggered in combination with LAS because it really feels different than the CB12 / purestats one. Anyway keep on testing !!

Since I play the game for years too now I like to see improvements but the mini test atm seems not to bring a better result to the gameplay.

like iv said in past, i aint read thro all replies just first 5, and suprise suprise its even worse, just leave the thign alone, the only reason this has all occured is coz few fucking idiots and esp html. its always been bad

OK time for a dumb post by me...

So why does it seem there is MORE lockdown and why is it now easier to kill when the whole idea of it was to get rid of the luck element and make it harder to kill because you needed a skillful aim? Currently lockdown is higher than normal when tbh it wasnt really a fookin problem and now me, who absolutely sucks with mini, is winning almost every minigun battle. Surely this is going to make it even more miniassault if I can outgun ppl :lol:

So why does it seem there is MORE lockdown and why is it now easier to kill when the whole idea of it was to get rid of the luck element and make it harder to kill because you needed a skillful aim? Currently lockdown is higher than normal when tbh it wasnt really a fookin problem and now me, who absolutely sucks with mini, is winning almost every minigun battle. Surely this is going to make it even more miniassault if I can outgun ppl :lol:

Seems much stronger to me aswell... and lockdown increased alot :((

I DONT remember the minigun being that strong back in the old days. what happend to that?

Time to clear up a few things I think...

Prior to gatlGun being put on to the Pug server, for 2 weeks the "old" minigun had it's fire rate decreased (MyM can confirm the exact figures); therefore even by putting gatlGun on, or even resetting the mini back to defaults, you will notice a bigger difference in power (both rate & lockdown) purely because more bullets are hitting in any given second.

The actual idea behind gatlGun is to give us the flexibility to tweak the minigun; as uZi has already suggested, he has come up with a "profile" of settings which reduces the momentum effect per bullet (lockdown), reduces the base damage to 7dp, removing the random damage factor, and increasing the secondary fire rate to 15.873'b/s - these settings are readily available to use for Pug games at MyM's discretion, along with removing lockdown completely but keeping the rest of the gun settings the same.

I'm happy to administer new versions if there are bugs - so if people genuinely feel that it is issuing more damage than it should be (read: than MyM has set it to do) then I can always release a new version; but I will need proof before I spend minutes/hours/days trying/re-trying to get a version that people are happy with - if you have UT Demos or AVIs then I will gladly sit through them.

Last edited:
I feel the same way as others stated, mini is ridiculously strong in pug server still.
Since you are saying it is all profile based now, could you please forward them to me (mini + profile), I would like to test it in coh server, and possibly leave it there permanently, since from what you are saying uzi's settings seems right to me, not the ones in pug server. Uzi, can you forward me the settings in case Timo doesn't have them?

Thanks.

Up until Friday for the last 2 weeks Pug server had been running with a reduced rof on Mini at 80% pri and 75% sec (this is in comparisson to las std tiw, currently what is running on all league servers and DFP+Dog). Timo has asked to test his new Gatlgun on pug server and requested it be set back to std settings (default las tiw settings) for a brief time before new profiles were tested just so it was easier to make a comparisson between league settings and new profile settings, this is the new gain people are currently seeing.

There are currently two profiles to be tested, one that simulates CB12 settings and one with settings Uzi has suggested, I had been planning to enable one of these profiles tomorrow or day after although I had hoped the LAS bugs could be fixed before we went ahead :P

Squirrel, hopefully Timo can answer whether this is public or not and the settings are built into the mut.
Personally I dont think its the best idea to give out a configurable mutator to ppl that want to run league valid servers as they will all config it how they like and there will be no standard.

Last edited:
okay time to say something ...... KANKERMINI u guys didnt fix it its still fucked and imo even more fucked.... exapmle today on siege i got belt some1 minis me for not even 1 sec and iam dead .............................. fix it or get the old mini back please ps. good try to fix it tough but it doesnt work

Kind of pointless for anybody to try and fix anything for this league when people dont take time to try and understand what's being done.

Loco read my post (the one right above yours) and Timo's (2 above yours) and then youll understand